ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage????

Who do they play Friday? I think they are best team in class 3 west. Who did heritage beat in finals last year?

Will they repeat?
I believe they have as good a chance as anyone left playing. No disrespect but I don't believe that they're going to really be challenged until they potentially have to play Lord Botetourt. Even in that game, I'd favor the Pioneers. In my opinion, whomever comes out of the 3A region will be a tough out because they'll definitely be more battle tested and will more than likely be favored going forward

Reactions: VolNation85
They should win easily this weekend as they have another rematch against LCA.

I believe they have as good a chance as anyone left playing. No disrespect but I don't believe that they're going to really be challenged until they potentially have to play Lord Botetourt. Even in that game, I'd favor the Pioneers. In my opinion, whomever comes out of the 3A region will be a tough out because they'll definitely be more battle tested and will more than likely be favored going forward
I agree, to an extent. I do believe that Heritage will represent the "west" versus your Phantoms or Hopewell. Fortunately for Heritage, their region is pretty weak after them so they tend to have a fairly easy road at least to get back to states.

However, I am not completely sold on Lord Botetourt making it to states. Their best player, Evan Eller is out for the season after ACL surgery and I don't think Hunter Rice is 100% after returning from a broken ankle in week 1 or 2. I think Hidden Valley could pull the upset this week or Northside could knock them off next week, should they meet again. LB only won 14-7 when they played on 11/1.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
I'm not sure if Heritage will repeat, but I think they will definitely make it to the championship game.

Heritage will win if, they continue to play sound defense and continue to run the ball well. Don't put it on your young quarterbacks shoulders to win the game for you. Keep allowing him to manage the game and complete some passes to keep opposing defenses honest. If he gets more accurate on the deep ball, that would help too.

Easy road to championship game They want play Athletic team until Championship It’s pretty sad . But yes there that good so it’s not there fault .

I'm not sure if Heritage will repeat, but I think they will definitely make it to the championship game.

Heritage will win if, they continue to play sound defense and continue to run the ball well. Don't put it on your young quarterbacks shoulders to win the game for you. Keep allowing him to manage the game and complete some passes to keep opposing defenses honest. If he gets more accurate on the deep ball, that would help too.
Bradley will find a way to lose this game, word on the street afew kids are about to leave after this year, why they don't use Blake kid and use there WR.. Just. Like Snead.. He never uses his weapons, like LA LA, run him into the ground...

Bradley will find a way to lose this game, word on the street afew kids are about to leave after this year, why they don't use Blake kid and use there WR.. Just. Like Snead.. He never uses his weapons, like LA LA, run him into the ground...
Have you seen the Blake kid run his lazy routes? I wouldn't use him either, no matter how tall he is. Plus LaLa played qb for the later part of Snead's senior year because they had no qb. Snead was moved to slot to try and get him the ball easier.

Last edited:
Questioning a coach of the defending championship team and they only loss one game against Vance (NC) their first game. Im not a Pioneer fan but geezz, don't bash Bradley bc he is a great coach hands down.

He has a lot of help good coaching As well on the sidelines !! Helps to have a lot of talent which he has !! Not saying he’s not a good coach but you have to have talent . There loaded for a long time

Reactions: lyhsports
Wonder why they did not make the game today a day time game knowing what the weather forecast was.

Have you seen the Blake kid run his lazy routes? I wouldn't use him either, no matter how tall he is. Plus LaLa played qb for the later part of Snead's senior year because they had no qb. Snead was moved to slot to try and get him the ball easier.
I wonder why Bradley doesn't use him as much either but Lazy Routes? How do you call beating a corner 5-10 yards when targeted a lazy route? I played WR at the collegiate level, the kid has the goods and he runs smooth routes. For whatever reason Bradley don't use him is his own just like snead the 2-3 years he was a starter. Bradley has a formula and he wins so it is what it is. Blake has a offer and verbally committed to ODU as a WR and from what I heard has a quite a few more interested.

I wonder why Bradley doesn't use him as much either but Lazy Routes? How do you call beating a corner 5-10 yards when targeted a lazy route? I played WR at the collegiate level, the kid has the goods and he runs smooth routes. For whatever reason Bradley don't use him is his own just like snead the 2-3 years he was a starter. Bradley has a formula and he wins so it is what it is. Blake has a offer and verbally committed to ODU as a WR and from what I heard has a quite a few more interested.
I wouldn't call it running lazy routes, but I was on the sideline earlier this year and saw first hand what I think is part of problem. He was 10 yards behind the corner running up the sideline right in front of me, but the throw was more towards the numbers. He didn't adjust to the ball at all. He just kept running straight up the sideline after he looked back for the ball. I'm not saying he 100 percent could have caught the to ball, but he easily could have gotten close enough to try to make a play on it. One of the coaches came sprinting down the sideline screaming at him "go to the ball." I'm just not sure how good he is at tracking the ball. I thought it took Snead some time to develop that skill as well. Most throws aren't going to end where you expect them. You have to be able to go get it.

You also have sophomore QB and junior WR getting their first significant playing time on varsity. It takes some time to work these things out. You also have two pretty good senior WRs in Trent and Thomas and a pretty good sophomore WR in Crawford. Plus a stable of talented running backs. Point being you've got a lot of dangerous skill players so when the ball comes your way it had better pay off. Not place blame on anyone, but there were a lot of misfires early in the year between Blake and Burns. Again, not going to try to place blame on either one of them, but the chemistry, especially early in the year seemed to be better between Burns, Trent and Thomas and Bradley's job is to win games.

As of this moment i stil plan on heading over to the stadium wearing my Appo gear and watching the game lol. Better half is gone out of town and i have nothing better to do.
Lol I don’t blame you. Parking shouldn’t be an issue with most of the crowd probably staying home.

I wouldn't call it running lazy routes, but I was on the sideline earlier this year and saw first hand what I think is part of problem. He was 10 yards behind the corner running up the sideline right in front of me, but the throw was more towards the numbers. He didn't adjust to the ball at all. He just kept running straight up the sideline after he looked back for the ball. I'm not saying he 100 percent could have caught the to ball, but he easily could have gotten close enough to try to make a play on it. One of the coaches came sprinting down the sideline screaming at him "go to the ball." I'm just not sure how good he is at tracking the ball. I thought it took Snead some time to develop that skill as well. Most throws aren't going to end where you expect them. You have to be able to go get it.

You also have sophomore QB and junior WR getting their first significant playing time on varsity. It takes some time to work these things out. You also have two pretty good senior WRs in Trent and Thomas and a pretty good sophomore WR in Crawford. Plus a stable of talented running backs. Point being you've got a lot of dangerous skill players so when the ball comes your way it had better pay off. Not place blame on anyone, but there were a lot of misfires early in the year between Blake and Burns. Again, not going to try to place blame on either one of them, but the chemistry, especially early in the year seemed to be better between Burns, Trent and Thomas and Bradley's job is to win games.
I think that was the game against Appo you are referring to. I remember that play. Good assessment! Next season I think the Burns to Blake connection will be alot smoother.

I think that was the game against Appo you are referring to. I remember that play. Good assessment! Next season I think the Burns to Blake connection will be alot smoother.
One thing I've always wanted to ask a football coach is if they have ever considered having WRs and DBs shag fly balls. I have never seen a good outfielder have any trouble tracking a football through the air. It usually looks easy for them. Not that there aren't football players that are really good at tracking the ball without ever stepping foot on the diamond, but I think the different spins and carry on a fly ball makes it so much harder to track that it might be a good training tool.

@pioneer94, agree completely. Conversely, I use a football to start teaching that to baseball outfielders at the little league level. Tracking a ball and taking the proper angle to get to it is a skill that is under taught at the youth level which translates into exactly what was described. I couldn't say one way or the other if that is the case with this young man but a lot of receivers and outfielders do not have that skill and its painfully obvious when you see it.

Good observation and said what I meant, he doesn't attack the ball or track it...plus they don't need to throw it when you can pound people. They throw it enough.

Anybody that has seen Heritage play , they throw the ball 80% to there side lines very rarely they throw ball to the opposing teams sidelines the QB doesn’t even look that way . Unfortunately for Blake he stuck on opposing side . Most of the time in single coverage.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
Easy road to championship game They want play Athletic team until Championship It’s pretty sad . But yes there that good so it’s not there fault .
LB is really good... even without Eller. Northside is also a very quality team. These will not be easy games by any stretch of the imagination.

I just don’t see it . LB is been barley getting by all season long . None of them teams match up with Heritage. Heritage mite not blow these teams out but i don’t see LB or Northside beating them .

I just don’t see it . LB is been barley getting by all season long . None of them teams match up with Heritage. Heritage mite not blow these teams out but i don’t see LB or Northside beating them .
Hunter Rice was injured for a large portion of the season and is just now starting to really get his legs and game shape back to where it needs to be.

LBs three really close games were against very quality opponents that matched up particularly well against them. Rice missed one of those games and was not close to 100% of his normal ability for the other two. This game will be a good barometer of how far this team has come... I think they are MUCH better defensively than they were last year.

I think Glass would be a clear favorite over either LB or NS, so as nervous as it makes me to say, I think Heritage should be as well. Though, right now I'm worried about Spotswood. I feel like this every time when we get matched-up from one these teams to north. I feel like I have better feel for threat that teams around Roanoke pose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT