ADVERTISEMENT

Hermitage's Football Coach resigned

I heard a little while ago, it might have something to do with the opening at Bird HS.
I would be surprised if it did have something to do with the opening at Bird. I don't know Kane's connections (if any) to Bird but, I wouldn't view the Bird job as a step up from Hermitage. But, who knows.

He was one of Bedwell's Assistant coaches I believe when he was at Henrico? Then came with him to Bird as an assistant coach.... Left Bird to become Head Coach at Hermitage.

Reactions: gwb16
I don't have any insight. It caught me totally by surprise. Herm won't be the same without him and my interest in Friday night Herm games will be greatly reduced. Like I said, I have no insight, but I would be shocked if he went to Bird. It is not close at all to where he lives and just doesn't make sense to me. Another thing that is confusing to me, if he plans to continue coaching, where will he go that the talent level is higher than Herm. There are only a few elite schools where the talent level is equivalent. I am not sure if he is interested in building a lower level program or not.

Herm won't be the same without him and my interest in Friday night Herm games will be greatly reduced.
Sorry to hear this! I'm quite sure there won't be any shortage of coaches interested in the job, though I'm expecting a promotion from within! Patrick will be missed, but the program moves on. As for me, win them all or win none, I'll be there every Friday night I'm able to, cheering the boys on! I hope you will be too. We should meet up at a game next year. Meeting Springer76 is also high on my priority list, though I hope to do that while watching HSHS keep the state title in the 804!!!

Reactions: mbonape1
Sorry to hear this! I'm quite sure there won't be any shortage of coaches interested in the job, though I'm expecting a promotion from within! Patrick will be missed, but the program moves on. As for me, win them all or win none, I'll be there every Friday night I'm able to, cheering the boys on! I hope you will be too. We should meet up at a game next year. Meeting Springer76 is also high on my priority list, though I hope to do that while watching HSHS keep the state title in the 804!!!
Come on out to the game Saturday, starts at 4pm. I'd love to meet you! If we win, Hs
Hampton U here we come!

I fully expect this job to garner as much interest as Bird's opening. You will have applicants within the region, outside the region... maybe outside the state.

I fully expect this job to garner as much interest as Bird's opening. You will have applicants within the region, outside the region... maybe outside the state.
I agree with you fully Dan. I know a few coaches that I personally hope apply for it, but I also know, from being close to the program, that an internal promotion is a very good possibility!

Springer76, I'll try to get over for the game. Saturday is crazy busy for me. I'm skating in the Richmond Christmas Parade with my team, and I have something right after it also. I'd love to see the game and meet up though. With Stone Bridge out, y'all are the favorites imo. Tusky, I think, has proven themselves a tough out. Nan River this week and Stafford if they see you in the title game, I don't think pose any real threat to HSHS. Go Springers!

Springer76, I'll try to get over for the game. Saturday is crazy busy for me. I'm skating in the Richmond Christmas Parade with my team, and I have something right after it also. I'd love to see the game and meet up though. With Stone Bridge out, y'all are the favorites imo. Tusky, I think, has proven themselves a tough out. Nan River this week and Stafford if they see you in the title game, I don't think pose any real threat to HSHS. Go Springers!
I'd like to talk to you one day knowing now that you skate! I too skate! Grew up skating, my teen years as a Champion Singles Skater.
It started at Skateland on Williamsburg Rd (Rollerdome now) and went through my early 20's at Golden Skateworld! Not so much any more, but I still like to go roll around sometimes!

Reactions: Herm95
That's awesome Springer. I've lost some on the floor too, but growing up through the late 70s through the 80s, skating was everything. I train and skate at Roller Dome, we definitely have to hook up at some point!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT