ADVERTISEMENT

Home side visitor side

Most schools in Southside/SWVA are $5. GW is $6 and I'm thinking Salem and Franklin Co are $6 too. I think $5 is fair and maybe $6 for a big game. I payed $7 at Herm and Hanover this year and $8 at Bird, which is totally ridiculous! I went to the HS/Henrico football and basketball games a couple years ago and both games were $10. I don't mind $10 for the state tournament and/or a good basketball tournament, but not one game. And you're right. I payed $10 admission to Bird/Dale last year.
$5.00 for Seminole but out of district was $6.00

The district usually sets the cost of games. Same thing in regionals. VHSL sets the state game rate. I purchase a vhsl state pass every year for $25.00. Saves me a bunch for basketball and football.

I'm not sure if the districts set the costs of games. Maybe they do in some areas. Some schools in the Jefferson charge $6, others charge $7.

Salem's might be $7 now. I know our reserved seat tickets went from $35 to $45 recently but I consider those well worth it. Not only can you arrive to any (non-playoff) game at any time you also now get a parking pass that gets you a really nice spot as well. If it's raining or bitter cold in later November the ability to slide into a great spot and head to your seats between the 40s 5 minutes before the game is really nice.

Salem's might be $7 now. I know our reserved seat tickets went from $35 to $45 recently but I consider those well worth it. Not only can you arrive to any (non-playoff) game at any time you also now get a parking pass that gets you a really nice spot as well. If it's raining or bitter cold in later November the ability to slide into a great spot and head to your seats between the 40s 5 minutes before the game is really nice.
Let me get this straight now. Season tickets. Reserved seating and a parking pass. Maybe Texas but I have been to many hundreds of games and have never seen or heard of such a thing in VA.

Spartan land is almost like going to OZ. only in a book and the imagination could this happen. Welcome to Munchkin land.

The district usually sets the cost of games. Same thing in regionals. VHSL sets the state game rate. I purchase a vhsl state pass every year for $25.00. Saves me a bunch for basketball and football.
It's left up to the sponsoring school here Navy. It is not a district policy.

I apologize for the misinformation. I was referencing the VHSL handbook and did not catch the it is recommended the districts set a standard admission part. Sorry posters.

I wonder what the price is in NOVA, at the big 6a schools?

Fairfax County still charges $5 for regular season games ($7 for the first three rounds of the playoffs). Loudon charges $6 for the regular season. Frankly, I don't know why they do not charge more. I am not complaining, but these areas are (mostly) not exactly cash poor. The extra money from the big football crowds would help all the programs school wide.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Let me get this straight now. Season tickets. Reserved seating and a parking pass. Maybe Texas but I have been to many hundreds of games and have never seen or heard of such a thing in VA.

Spartan land is almost like going to OZ. only in a book and the imagination could this happen. Welcome to Munchkin land.

In all fairness the parking passes are only in their 2nd year, just like the skybox but I think it's undoubtedly a successful thing. The season tickets(only the reserved seating has them) are fairly old, though, but older fans could probably tell you when they came about as I used to just piggyback in when I was younger.

It all works out to everyone's benefit. You take away the maroon paint(how the reserved section is designated) and the people who now have reserved seats would be there 1hr+ before kickoff to secure those same seats anyway. Those same people in reserved seating are the ones who travel to away games and come super early to grab seats between the 40s at those games so Salem got wise and came up with the reserved seats and those kinds of fans are happy to pay $10 or so a year more so they don't need to be in the stands forever early so they get their favorite seats.

For all that it is, an extra $10 or so a season, it's beyond worth it to me. Like last year when 9-0 Salem hosted 9-0 Pulaski and there were 10,000 people I strolled into my parking spot(maybe a 1000 yards from the gates) 10 minutes before kickoff and walked right up to my seat as the anthem was being played. If you come that late to a game that packed you're almost guaranteed to park on the front side of Salem Civic Center and walk probably a third of a mile or so to the stadium.

Reactions: salemfan32
Amherst sells parking passes for football which is prime parking and season passes for all sports for the year.

In all fairness the parking passes are only in their 2nd year, just like the skybox but I think it's undoubtedly a successful thing. The season tickets(only the reserved seating has them) are fairly old, though, but older fans could probably tell you when they came about as I used to just piggyback in when I was younger.

It all works out to everyone's benefit. You take away the maroon paint(how the reserved section is designated) and the people who now have reserved seats would be there 1hr+ before kickoff to secure those same seats anyway. Those same people in reserved seating are the ones who travel to away games and come super early to grab seats between the 40s at those games so Salem got wise and came up with the reserved seats and those kinds of fans are happy to pay $10 or so a year more so they don't need to be in the stands forever early so they get their favorite seats.

For all that it is, an extra $10 or so a season, it's beyond worth it to me. Like last year when 9-0 Salem hosted 9-0 Pulaski and there were 10,000 people I strolled into my parking spot(maybe a 1000 yards from the gates) 10 minutes before kickoff and walked right up to my seat as the anthem was being played. If you come that late to a game that packed you're almost guaranteed to park on the front side of Salem Civic Center and walk probably a third of a mile or so to the stadium.

Reserved seats were from day one Salem Stadium opened. My dad would go up every day on his lunch break from the sherrif's office and watch the construction. He would go in scope out where the best seats where and ordered those seats. He has been in the same seats since the stadium was built.

Amherst sells parking passes for football which is prime parking and season passes for all sports for the year.

Yeah, there's another season pass for all sports that my parents buy.

Reserved seats were from day one Salem Stadium opened. My dad would go up every day on his lunch break from the sherrif's office and watch the construction. He would go in scope out where the best seats where and ordered those seats. He has been in the same seats since the stadium was built.

Thought as much. I was born a few years before it was opened and my parents have been in those same seats from day 1 so I have no memory of anything else.

As a Salem fan there are certain fields we sit on the home side because frankly the visitor side is just not great and there is never enough to room for the Salem fans. and there are actually commodes on the home side and not port-o-potties on the visitor side. Not too often but when we do we are quite, polite and to do not cheer or be rude in anyway. We usually are still wearing our Salem gear and hope people think we are some of the "good guys". By the way, if you are a Salem fan and have never sat on the visitor side it's quit impressive, great crowd, great student section and and band plays non stop and the cheerleaders dance non stop. It's really cool to see from the other side. I don't know if the players even notice the crowds I'm sure they are programmed to ignore but I have noticed that at Salem home games Most coaches do not let the entire team out of the locker room (just captains for coin toss) until all the pre game band, cheerleaders, Football players intro with the crowd support. It must be a very intimidation site for visiting teams and most coaches try to keep their players from seeing it. I'm always surprised when a visitors entire team witness that spectacle. It's usually teams in playoffs that may not know better, they home field advantage is a real thing. Traveling for hours then facing that before the game even starts would suck.

At CHS we can buy a student pass for 30$ and it is good for every sporting event for the whole year. I think it's a pretty good deal. For non students it's 6$.

As a Salem fan there are certain fields we sit on the home side because frankly the visitor side is just not great and there is never enough to room for the Salem fans. and there are actually commodes on the home side and not port-o-potties on the visitor side. Not too often but when we do we are quite, polite and to do not cheer or be rude in anyway. We usually are still wearing our Salem gear and hope people think we are some of the "good guys". By the way, if you are a Salem fan and have never sat on the visitor side it's quit impressive, great crowd, great student section and and band plays non stop and the cheerleaders dance non stop. It's really cool to see from the other side. I don't know if the players even notice the crowds I'm sure they are programmed to ignore but I have noticed that at Salem home games Most coaches do not let the entire team out of the locker room (just captains for coin toss) until all the pre game band, cheerleaders, Football players intro with the crowd support. It must be a very intimidation site for visiting teams and most coaches try to keep their players from seeing it. I'm always surprised when a visitors entire team witness that spectacle. It's usually teams in playoffs that may not know better, they home field advantage is a real thing. Traveling for hours then facing that before the game even starts would suck.
Only a few Amherst players come out for the coin toss and none are out for the national anthem. But if anyone thinks for one minute that the players don't notice the crowd is living in la la land. They notice. I personally think people should sit on their teams side no matter what. I have sit on some bad visitor sides that I was miserable but I am there to support my team and helo the crowd. I could never sit in the home side and sit there and be quiet

Last edited:
I don't think it's a problem unless the people coming over there are being jerks. Okay to cheer and moan, but comments designed to get under the other team's fans' skins are wrong. It's high school football, and we should all be able to step back and realize we are sitting among the loved ones of the kids on the other team and that they love their kids as much as we love ours.

We had a blast with a couple of guys this year at the "Dinwiddie at Hopewell" game. First, Hopewell's field is rather unique in that you enter on the visitors side. The Hopewell fans have to walk all of the way around to get to the home side.

Anyway, a couple of good natured guys that were Hopewell fans sat down a few rows in front of us. (Probably to simply avoid the long walk to the other side). As the game began, a lot of good natured trash was talked. By the third quarter, when the score was 63-0 Dinwiddie, the Hopewell fans had mockingly surrendered. Having no heart what so ever, Bleeding Navy pulled out his phone and asked one of the guys if he could take his picture. Obviously flattered, but before he could answer, Navy said, "I want to take a picture of what depression looks like". I thought we were all going to bust our guts laughing.

Sure, sometimes you have a few fans that want to stir up mess by sitting with the opposing side, simply to be obnoxious. But I believe most folks are at the game for all the right reasons, and just want to get along and have a good time.

(See, I tell you guys, I can't take Navy anywhere!)

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I saw the same guy in Wal Mart last week. His girlfriend pointed at me and he tried to hide. His smile was a mile long. He shook my hand, hugged me and said he was still catching crap about that game. He also said he had the best time he had ever had at a game. His girlfriend who is from Dinwiddie told him "that old dude can talk trash". We talked for 20 minutes. He was actually a good college baseball player. Played for the Petersburg Generals as well.

I know Amherst in the past did not allow the student body to go over to the other side. Brookville kids walk over on the visitor sides all the time
This is one of the rules at Appomattox (unwritten). No one from student body can go to other side to avoid conflicts. Its bad enough adults dont know how to act.

If i remember right @wikki, wasnt it you that told me about an Appo person rude and talking smack on your side of the field last year? I asked you who it was because I wanted to call them out for making the community look bad.

I think that if you are disabled, one side is filled, or you have family on either team. This is a reason to sit on opposite side of field. Now does that give you the right to be disrespectful? NOPE!
The ones the get me are the ones that are not a fan of either team and want to talk crap about your team. We had a guy like that at Heritage vs. Appo this year. He was from E.C Glass and talked smack about our Appo athletes, play calls and just loud enough for everyone around him to hear. My wife eventually went slam off. Then other Appo fans wanted to get into it. He started saying racist stuff, like, "Oh and now all the white girls want to get into it with me. Just like Appomattox, yall only know how to wave them confederate flags there." After it was stopped, he then started talking about Coach Smith play calling and we dont have a good team this year. I started in on him then because kept talking to the female fans in a bullying manner. I just got fed up with him. He was laughing at us because Heritage was coming back on us. He was yelling out "How much time we got on clock?" "We got a whole qtr left right?" to the guys around him, because he brought about 4 people with him, but they wasnt saying anything. They were just laughing with him. When we got the W, he put head down and wouldnt say nothing to us. Appomattox fans were pelting him with questions because he wouldnt say what team he rooted for (only reason i know because a fan knew him told me).
If I got to a football game other than Appo, im respectful of the fans Im sitting with.

This is one of the rules at Appomattox (unwritten). No one from student body can go to other side to avoid conflicts. Its bad enough adults dont know how to act.

If i remember right @wikki, wasnt it you that told me about an Appo person rude and talking smack on your side of the field last year? I asked you who it was because I wanted to call them out for making the community look bad.
Yes amd the bad thing about it is. He had a kid on his shoulder the entire time.

Yes amd the bad thing about it is. He had a kid on his shoulder the entire time.
Used him as a human shield to prevent anyone from doing anything about his boorish behavior. Nice. It's why you should always carry.....a pack of itching powder.:p:eek::D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT