ADVERTISEMENT

HOW ABOUT THEM DIRTY BIRDS!!!

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
GW 60 Martinsville 58. What a game! Game of the year so far. My boys pulled through and got a HUGE win in one of the toughest venues I'm gonna say in all of high school basketball to win in. Kudos to the Dawgs. They are the team to beat in 2a. @AntGZee i told you that you guys were gonna be alright. The Dogs don't rebuild, they reload.

Reactions: AntGZee
This bad boy was won in overtime. With GW down 3 late in the fourth, Devonte Grasty hits a clutch 3 pointer to send it to OT. Aaron Martin and TJ Pettway were the Dawgs studs while Amardius Jones, Pat Robinson, Grasty and Cam Lewis (before he fouled out late in the 4th) led the Eagles.

You called it DSH. Great game!!. I know your post was about the Eagles and Dawgs. I do have to mention that, TJ jammed one on the 6'8 kid, Vaugh, from RE Lee.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You called it DSH. Great game!!. I know your post was about the Eagles and Dawgs. I do have to mention that, TJ jammed one on the 6'8 kid, Vaugh, from RE Lee.
Congrats to the Dawgs on the W today. Pettway is the real deal. GW ran into a buzz saw today against Heritage NN. Cam Lewis #12 hit a 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT but the comeback against Dawgs took a lot out of the Danville boys. The Eagles and Dawgs will both hold it down for the Piedmont come March.

What was y'all's final. Yes, the Eagles and Dawgs will hold it down for the Piedmont District. I think Halifax will make noise too.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What was y'all's final. Yes, the Eagles and Dawgs will hold it down for the Piedmont District. I think Halifax will make noise too.
Hali will be tuff! I like their coach. No superstars, they just play really good defense and play methodical on offense. GW lost 50-46 in OT. I heard they played sluggish. I'm glad they're taking some L's to some good teams. Next month at this time it'll be do or die. 10 seniors on this year's team.

I like Patrick Robinson's game.
If he gets his attitude together he'll do some big things. He's a good kid though. I'm a Camryn Lewis and Devonte Grasty fan myself. They play in control at all times. Grasty is like a Cam Bradley with a lot more offense. He can guard the 1 to the 5. Kid's got crazy ups. Him not playing against Monacan last year probably cost GW a ring. Cam Lewis is a D1 point guard. So much posse. Last year there were games that he played timid but this year he's their heart and soul. He don't put up the big numbers but his skill set and decision making set him apart. Very humble kid. I see him going post grad next year and playing high mid major ball at an USC Upstate or Murray State.

Pat Robinson's uncle is the girl's basketball coach at PHCC. I see him going there for the next two years and possibly playing D1 ball at a Hampton or NCCU. Kid definitely has game! He's fearless. He's improved every year and I honestly believe that he's one of the best players in the state; public schools. Needs to work on his jump shot but he's a baller when he's focused.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT