ADVERTISEMENT

How about those Liberty Flames!!!!!

When I heard that Liberty was gonna play them years ago, I thought they were going to get crushed! They played a heck of a game! The Sophomore Quarterback Buckshot Calvert was 44-60, 447 yards, 3 TD's and 0 INT's! Proud to be a Liberty Flame! They put little ol Lynchburg on the map!

I told you guys that the Flames are gonna be the REAL DEAL in FBS! Y'all gonna really hear me when they beat up on Tech and UVA!!! Yesssir!!! Again, congrats to the most classy school in Virgina. Go Flames!
I love LU but I don't care if they were to beat Tech. But if anyone has not been to an LU game they should. It is awesome, the student section is some of the best ever, unbelievable experience

I love LU but I don't care if they were to beat Tech. But if anyone has not been to an LU game they should. It is awesome, the student section is some of the best ever, unbelievable experience

The wife and me are going this year with another couple for the first time.

Our daughters are seniors.

We just gotta figure out where to tailgate with adult beverages before the game....?

We just gotta figure out where to tailgate with adult beverages before the game....?
LOL GOOD LUCK with that last one! But all seriousness, LU is a great university. You don't supposed to live with regret, but I wish I would've went there like originally planned. I'm in love with the place! The "vision" definitely came true! Excellent academic school and growing athletics... The place is beautiful! I went to the Coastal game a few years back and a basketball game when my VCU Rams played there last year. Incredible atmosphere! Very classy, very clean and family friendly. LU is winning in all aspects!

Tailgating is easy there is literally fans everywhere as you come up to the stadium. As for adult beverages....well I suggest Macadoos. Just off campus and within walking distance.
This is a big time win and hopefully they can keep that momentum rolling. 1aa is a lot harder than some people think. I think there is great football programs in every level and have seen some tremendous D3 football here in VA

Yep.

Great School.

I'm a Highlander but I will not mind one bit if the rest of my spawn chose to go to Liberty University.

I saw Need to Breathe at the Vines Center last Fall, had a blast!

We the Champions!
I went to Raddy for a year after I gave up playing basketball at Averett U in Danville.. I feel like I never gave RU a chance because I had my mind set to go to VCU (I decided to transfer from Averett in late April; Raddy was the only reasonable school to accept applications that late). I tell you I have memories! I lived on Moffett Quad in Draper Hall and partied too much lol.. Nothing hard core, just enough to sidetrack me. Raddy holds a very special place in my heart. I love to go visit and reminisce. I battled between Liberty and Averett outta high school but figured I'd stay home and play ball.. LU was the place to be from the start!

Yep.

Thanks to my parents insistence, I made it outta Radford in 4 YEARS!!!

A lot of folks spent 5 or more years there. 1/4 of my dorm Freshman year got the boot after the first semester was over, straight Fs! Of course my dorm (Floyd) was pretty packed at the start of school.

Met my wife there and did a lot of damage to my liver as well!

Good times!

My youngest son is a sophomore this year at LU. I attended the Gardner -Webb game. It was my 1st LU game. Definitely won't be my last. Great atmosphere. I went to the spring game this year and loved it. Turner Gill is a class act. I've always been a Wake Forest Demon Deacon fan but I've got a hometown team to pull for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT