ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them Flames baby!!

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Liberty 38-35 winners over Tech. Some guy by the name of Danville Sports Head warned you all years ago. Where’s the archives? None the less, the Flames are 7-0! Carl Poole Jr., Los Poole, Tim Glass, BJ Wheatt, Javon Scruggs. The 434 baby!!!!!

Reactions: mike salem
Liberty 38-35 winners over Tech. Some guy by the name of Danville Sports Head warned you all years ago. Where’s the archives? None the less, the Flames are 7-0! Carl Poole Jr., Los Poole, Tim Glass, BJ Wheatt, Javon Scruggs. The 434 baby!!!!!
Great win for my Alma Mater! Big win in state. I would love to see them get the recruits that VT or UVA can't keep in state or overlook.

With presidential announcement today, VT losing to Liberty somewhat soothed my duldrums!! Great win for Liberty. Question: which loss by VT to Old Dominion or Liberty was the more shocking?

Chris Megginson, Tyron Staples, and a host of LCA players as well! Go Flames!

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
With presidential announcement today, VT losing to Liberty somewhat soothed my duldrums!! Great win for Liberty. Question: which loss by VT to Old Dominion or Liberty was the more shocking?
The loss to ODU was definitely the bigger upset. Nobody expected that.

Liberty came into the game undefeated and ranked 25th. Was it really an upset?

It literally was not an upset, based on rankings. Perhaps based on gambling odds, but I don’t gamble.

Reactions: lyhsports
My opinion is that that JMU team was objectively better than that ODU team.
I’d agree with that. I believe that Liberty and ODU will be Virginia’s premier FBS programs in a few years. Tech settled for Fuente after Beamer left and it’s cost them. Would love to see a VA native get the Tech job. Justin Hamilton to be exact.

Reactions: WP02alum
And to your credit, that VT team ODU beat in Norfolk was a lot worse than the Tyrod-led Orange Bowl team JMU beat in Blacksburg.

True,
But several of thier seniors are performing well and even starting for VT and UVA, the Simpson kid at UVA is a talent and proving he should have been a D1 prospect. His name evades me right now. But with Burney sidelined for the season, another JMU D-lineman will be starting in his spot.

True,
But several of thier seniors are performing well and even starting for VT and UVA, the Simpson kid at UVA is a talent and proving he should have been a D1 prospect. His name evades me right now. But with Burney sidelined for the season, another JMU D-lineman will be starting in his spot.
Speaking of JMU, their former QB Danucci got to play last week for Dallas against Philly. Philly's QB, Carson Wentz, played at NDSU, JMU and NDSU are usually playing each other in the FCS championship game.

JMU is a national powerhouse and is the best program in the state, though Tech has a lot of history. Kuddos to the JMU administration for staying FCS and not chasing the spotlight and being placed in a Sun Belt Conference where they would not compete year in and year out for a National Championship. The CAA is always good and JMU does an impeccable job recruiting the Richmond and 757 areas and power 5 transfer portal.

Easily ODU. When VT’s RB went down in Q1, being the top runner in the ACC, the writing was on the wall. I was surprised that VT almost won.

Digging the fact the JMU is getting respect and chatter here! :D
I’d agree with that. I believe that Liberty and ODU will be Virginia’s premier FBS programs in a few years. Tech settled for Fuente after Beamer left and it’s cost them. Would love to see a VA native get the Tech job. Justin Hamilton to be exact.
Your exactly right. Fuente was never the right choice. It was a snap decision of a coach that had a few good years at a middle of the road program. They needed an top assistant from a top program -Sec or Big 10. The result is a now a mediocre program that would be well below .500 if not for some very good transfers, not recruits. It will continue to struggle until he is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT