ADVERTISEMENT

How does your fans pregame tailgate!

Louisadad

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 21, 2013
in Louisa the Principal and Assistant Principal's from our high school cook hamburgers and hotdogs at no charge. We ask that each person that comes to participate in the tailgate to bring a covered dish or a bag of potato chips. This usually starts at 5:30 PM . We have many and I repeat many fans that participate in this the marching band and the cheerleaders. A great atmosphere outside of THE JUNGLE!! We also invite fans from the other team to join us as they walk through the parking lot. I would like to know what other teams do.

Wow. That's terrific. That is the way it's supposed to be done. Kudo's to the Louisa community.

in Louisa the Principal and Assistant Principal's from our high school cook hamburgers and hotdogs at no charge. We ask that each person that comes to participate in the tailgate to bring a covered dish or a bag of potato chips. This usually starts at 5:30 PM . We have many and I repeat many fans that participate in this the marching band and the cheerleaders. A great atmosphere outside of THE JUNGLE!! We also invite fans from the other team to join us as they walk through the parking lot. I would like to know what other teams do.

We tried that once. Bleeding Navy ate 27 hotdogs, 15 hamburgers, and stood there like a guard dog, growling at anyone that got close to the table.

Another time, he showed up dressed as a member of the Va Health Dept. He told them that the food had not been properly prepared. He graciously agreed to gather up all the food and dispose of it properly! Such a considerate guy.

I did notice a fair number of Matoaca fans cooking and tailgating last night. Good for them.

We tried that once. Bleeding Navy ate 27 hotdogs, 15 hamburgers, and stood there like a guard dog, growling at anyone that got close to the table.

Another time, he showed up dressed as a member of the Va Health Dept. He told them that the food had not been properly prepared. He graciously agreed to gather up all the food and dispose of it properly! Such a considerate guy.

I did notice a fair number of Matoaca fans cooking and tailgating last night. Good for them.
Let me know when you come to LOUISA I'll get you hrough the pass gate. That way you can buy your food at our concession stand and not our free food LOL

Looking for new ideas for our tailgate that's why I would like to know what other teams are doing .

I took him to an all you can eat buffet recently. about an hour and a half, the manager came up to me and said, "everything is on the house if I would take him and leave now"! He said he just wanted to cut his loses.

Brunswick stew makes a nice meal. Don't cook it, just buy plenty from whoever sells it for charity. Freeze it. Set a pot up on site. Chunk it in and let it thaw. Creates a nice atmosphere. Easy to set up and serve.

Reactions: mike salem
Individual tailgate parties at Salem before the game. During the game the people in the private boxes bring in catered food no I am not kidding. There are private boxes and they are catered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louisadad
We have multiple tailgaters and they welcome everybody who wants to eat. But the neat thing about the group I tailgate with has everything Lancers on it. The tent, the grill, the lanterns, the salt and pepper shakers, the football bowls etc. We go all out. Each week we have different food, it is planned ahead. We also have several people that bring in big smokers for wings and barbeque on different nights. Our 12th man club also tailgates separately with some is the kids from the student section

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT