ADVERTISEMENT

HS Football Rankings by State

I'm not a Weddington fan, so I'm gonna shoot you straight...There was probably a handful of teams in the West that would've beat that team from the East.

Weddington has QB Tyler Budge (GA Southern), WR Keenan Jackson (UNC), CB Sam Neely (Wake Forest) and then their TE Brooks Mauk is a Clemson legacy recruit.

They got a junior OL Jimmy Randazzo that has a Charlotte offer.

Their sophomores are good. They have LB Thomas Davis Jr that's a composite 4-star. Dad played for the Panthers. Then two brothers on the DL Aiden and Drew Harris that VT and all the big state universities have offered.

I'm probably missing some. RB Nick Diamond. They got a freshman RB that flashed towards the end in the state title game. But those are their main dudes. I would say at least six going to P5 schools out of those two classes.

They're a well coached team. The schools from in or around Charlotte are usually going to have a defense. They scheme people up on offense. They had a good year. Chambers probably should've beat'em though. I don't think they have any common opponents with the VA teams. And I don't know what all they got for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
"Play with anybody" is a cute phrase that has no basis in reality. OS 2021 pitched 6 shutouts, never gave up more than 17, and 63 points total in 14 games while routinely scoring 50+ and never fewer than 42. That was a really good OS team, period. It's key to note that I mentioned 14 games because OS played 15 games. That 15th game was against one of the very top schools in the country and OS got pasted. That game was 21-0 after one and ended 49-0. The C6 state champ who was never remotely challenged all year got beaten by nearly 50 points, would have likely had a running clock put on them by the backups and would have lost by 2+ scores to the JV.

That was easily the closest Virginia has ever come to seeing that this state (and the mid-Atlantic in general) operates on a different plane of existence to the top tier of HS football states. Sure, Good Counsel can be up there, Miramar was a decent opponent for HSHS, and Glenville was a tough one for Dinwiddie but be realistic, folks. And if you still don't believe, get your AD to pick up the phone and give Texas or Cali a call and go get humbled, because that's precisely what will happen.
In all fairness those schools recruit and have D1 rosters. Not 2 kids that are D1. They should be ranked in a completely different poll than public schools.

I think what hurts Virginia schools is district schedules like Maury’s district schedule they basically walked right thru everyone on their schedule. They should add some beach schools to their district.

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT