ADVERTISEMENT

HSHS over Atlee 65-37

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
HS was up 24-0 early 2nd qtr. then Atlee made it 24-16 then we scored again
34-16 half time.
Second half turned into a good ole shoot out. I heard on the radio that HS qb Juwan Carter threw for 16/27 for 432 yards and 6 tds.

This post was edited on 10/31 10:37 PM by springer76

One stat I think everyone should look at as the playoffs advance is points allowed. Your offense probably can't click every week, but if you're defense can hold your opponent down under 20 you're always in it.
This post was edited on 11/1 6:21 AM by GilliamRatings

You're right! Last nights game was fun to watch, both teams have great offenses that moved the ball pretty well. Somewhere mid 3rd quarter with HS up by 29 points, HS Coach L. Johnson started changing 2nd teamers in and out creating a lot of confusion within HS's offensive sets. Lots and lots of stupid penalties happened as a result. False starts, jumping offside on defense, holding, and at one point, we were flagged with 3 personal fouls in a row which set up one or two Atlee scores.
Me being an avid Springer, I get nervous when he gets a good lead like that and then wants to try to play "safe" or "conservative" then allows the opposing team to catch up. He did that against Lee-Davis and again last night. I think he is trying to "save" his best players from injury. On the other hand, IMO, he allows his defense to give up points and the offense slows down on scoring points. All that changing in and out started when Atlee had 24 points. Just sayin'.
We ( me and my group of buddies) were all wanting him to keep the foot on the gas pedal and keep the breaks on with the defense. The gas pedal did stay on (even though there were "non-startes" in there) but he started pumping the breaks instead of slamming down!
This post was edited on 11/1 12:35 PM by springer76

WOW Mr. Springer.... Can't believe I heard that right. I think it is extremely smart of coach Johnson to pull his starters when the game is in hand, and from what I heard this one was in hand damn near after the opening kick. I usually consider you to have something enlightening to say but now I must reconsider...lol.. I'm sure u and ur buddies would love to put up 60 points a game and with that offense they probably could, but I have to side with the coaches on this one. Also I would be willing to bet the ranch that u and the little rascals would tear coach a new one if one of the HSHS studs got hurt in the 4th qtr with a 25 point lead.... Remember the ultimate goal is to win states not to beat Atlee by 50 points in week 9 of the regular season. I'm just saying.. Good luck the rest of the way.

You're right. He's a great coach and I really like what he's doing. The thing is... with a team like Atlee, a 25 point or 28 point lead is never secure because they can score blistering fast too. They have proved that too!!
Look at the first quarter, HS was up 24-0 in the second quarter Atlee put up 16 points in about 2 minutes and were on the verge of cutting it to a one score game until HS intercepted that pass in the end zone. for me, it was a bit nerve racking!!
Go Springers, you've got the ingredients to take the whole thing this year! If y'all keep playing like you did against Atlee, nobody's going to beat you! Cut down on those penalties though!

This post was edited on 11/4 8:54 AM by springer76

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT