ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley !!!

Chilwar25

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 20, 2010
Honestjohn, I thought it was time for Hurley Rebels to have their own thread. Hurley is no
Longer a " sleeper" on this board, or in the State for that matter. I just read in the Bristol
Newspaper where Hurley cruised in a jam yesterday in SWVA, without breaking a sweat!
There is no doubt Hurley is the real deal this year, a force to be reckoned with in 2016
In A1West. Out of several teams, including Fort Chiswell, 2A Grundy, JI Burton, and some
Others, Hurley was in a class by themselves.
Honestjohn, best of luck My Friend. I just got a feeling those Rebels will have a great year!
Hey, please keep us all Posted on Hurley football!

Honestjohn, I thought it was time for Hurley Rebels to have their own thread. Hurley is no
Longer a " sleeper" on this board, or in the State for that matter. I just read in the Bristol
Newspaper where Hurley cruised in a jam yesterday in SWVA, without breaking a sweat!
There is no doubt Hurley is the real deal this year, a force to be reckoned with in 2016
In A1West. Out of several teams, including Fort Chiswell, 2A Grundy, JI Burton, and some
Others, Hurley was in a class by themselves.
Honestjohn, best of luck My Friend. I just got a feeling those Rebels will have a great year!
Hey, please keep us all Posted on Hurley football!
Thanks, Very impressive yesterday, It is hard to judge the competition this early, but they simply dominated Thomas Walker and Narrows.

River View is in a bad way 1-9 at best with the lone win coming against Montcalm(maybe). Hurley gets past Honaker and Shelby that should be 10-0 season. Hope to see Honaker-Hurley game.

GKKING, I don't think Hurley will have any problem with Honaker this year. Honaker is just too
Young, inexperienced, and just don't have the athletes they have had in the recent years.
They certainly look good on the field with size and numbers, but they are going to have to
Mature very fast to be competitive with Hurley.
In their scrimmage Friday, Honaker was no where near the teams of the past. This is certainly
No knock-on Honaker, but it is what it is. Their only score was a long FG on the Final play of
The game. They had less than 100 yds in O. Chilhowie scored at will. The final score
Was 38-3 Chilhowie. Best of luck to the Tigers this year, and maybe they can keep improving
Each week. Chilhowie looked good, and very much improved from the last two years. I was
Very impressed with both their O and espically their Defense.

From what I heard, the Rebs had a tough Friday. I think they played Virginia High, but not sure.
Who was the other team they played. I think they played 2 games. Any thoughts Honestjohn? I still think Hurley is going to have a banner year!

Last edited:
Hurley played Central 2 quarters, Hurley led 24 to 0 after 1st Qt., second & third string played second qt. and could not hold lead, final 28-24.Starters looked awesome. Played 2 qt against VA High, tied 6 to 6 in second qt. Hurled had long TD called back which would have put them ahead. Starters played about 1 1/2 qt's

Reactions: catchtds
I knew the score did not indicate the caliber of team Hurley has. Scores in scrimmages can be misleading,
And in the case of the Rebs, that was indeed the case. Playing D2 Teams will help Hurley, espically
If they don't get injuries.
Best of luck Honestjohn with that Rebels team. I met your Coach Tester years ago in a scrimmage in Marion.
He was a class young man then, and I Expect he is still the same today. Tell him hello for me, and this
Is one guy that is pulling for him and his Rebs!

Thanks and I will tell Greg you said hello, we are really excited about this season. I think we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs and Tester has become one of the better coaches in SWVA. Best of luck to all the teams. you know I might get to meet Master Blaster this year.

Thanks and I will tell Greg you said hello, we are really excited about this season. I think we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs and Tester has become one of the better coaches in SWVA. Best of luck to all the teams. you know I might get to meet Master Blaster this year.
Haha indeed we might meet up late in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT