ADVERTISEMENT

I want to talk football...

Should vapreps change their classification format?

• Total voters
Clarify please. SHOULD HAVE CHANGED IT TO WHAT IT IS NOW, or SHOULD CHANGE IT BACK TO THE LAST FORMAT?

Personally I like the old format as I mostly follow 1A and 2A. Now if I want to see anything on KW, Essex, etc I have to go to one board where it's mostly about the higher classification Richmond schools. If I want to read about other schools I have to go to different boards as well. Not so much going to the different boards I hate as I did that before but its the fact I have to decipher through so many other schools and classifications that I don't follow to get to what I wanna see. I guess I'll get used to it in time like anything else though.

The thread format is great and a welcome change. The geographical classification format flat out sucks, and I'm not sure why they won't listen to we the people instead of just telling us to wait and it will get better. Having to search multiple forums for teams in your district is ridiculous. And you can't even access the other forums without going to the football main page and selecting it. Pain in the azz

I think us 1A & 2A guys should just hang out on the Valley form, but that's just me

Besides a multitude of schools being represented on each board, I see another issue. Like 804. These schools don't have many posters but I feel folks in Lancaster, Middlesex, Mathews and probably Northumberland would sway towards Tidewater instead of Richmond. Washington & Lee is more Fredericksburg than Richmond although they are 2A now they still play an NND schedule.

I personally liked the old format better. I think they should've kept the old format (A AA AAA with divisions 1-6), but with ALL Regions (North, Northwest, East and Central) with 8 teams in the Regional playoffs. Then the State tournament with 4, as it was.

This is extremely confusing to follow. I am a follower of 1A and 2A as well with the KW and NND along to JM in the Burg. I like to also see what's going on in the west with 1A teams as playoffs get near. Not a fan of this new geographical designation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT