ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to start the conversation regarding this seasons Region B Playoffs

The one key attribute this team has developed since last year is the ability to join you in a bar fight , yes they will hit you and will not back down all important factors WHEN we see the Riverheads next month. Sussex offensively is the best I’ve seen since 2016, but they haven’t peaked which is good news. Jefferson is starting to do something’s I have not seen since that 2016 squad. Not saying the Tigers will conquer the Gladiators but if they do not Riverheads will face a physical challenge from the Tigers ! If you go back to my pre season post were I named specific key players who must elevate their play they all have responded as expected. Ricky Swarn is a rising presence who is ready to a force down the stretch for the Tigers on Defense.
I hope you are right as far as a visit in Late November. And I see they have been up some numbers this year. Honestly I'm just glad that they are fighting back and bringing back our staple...Hard-nose football

Reactions: trutiger16
Nobody has a chance in A,B,C or D. Riverheads wins the title and I doubt if they have a game under 21 point spread. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Still don’t agree with that. Way too many variables and there are 4-5 teams peaking as we finish up the regular season. Essex, W&L, Galax, Narrows and PHGS have some good wins under their belt and are still very much in the hunt. Sussex, GW, WC, Chilhowie and possibly Rapp are right there on the edge and can play with those others on any given night as well. How can anyone say with certainty that it’s a landslide. I watch them every week and don’t believe that. Now I do think there is a drop off after that but the top tier of 1A is more broad than some want to admit on these boards.

You sure you are not taking red pride dust back with you
You sure you are not taking red pride dust back with you[/QUOT
Nobody has a chance in A,B,C or D. Riverheads wins the title and I doubt if they have a game under 21 point spread. Sorry but the truth hurts.
Thats your opinion a coach or supporter that thinks that way has already quit on there program, yes Riverheads is a monster but they breath air, bleed, and can be rattled like any other team, so as long as they are mortal they can be defeated , my Tigers win or loose will always compete, Riverheads in my belief has made programs grow up quick.

We will see, but I don't think they have grown that much. Riverheads will beat Sussex like a drum, if Sussex makes it that far.

Thats your opinion a coach or supporter that thinks that way has already quit on there program, yes Riverheads is a monster but they breath air, bleed, and can be rattled like any other team, so as long as they are mortal they can be defeated , my Tigers win or loose will always compete, Riverheads in my belief has made programs grow up quick.
I’m with trutiger on this I seen it happen to Riverheads missed extra point lost 28-27 1st round of playoffs didn’t think team was half as good as Riverheads but they beat them can’t exactly remember what team

We will see, but I don't think they have grown that much. Riverheads will beat Sussex like a drum, if Sussex makes it that far.
Yeah must be nice to compete if I may call it that lol in a weak district and call yourself great lol, I understand your weak mindset

It was King William and it was Sam G only miss that year. We were at home as the higher seed and were just outplayed that game. Ok maybe outplayed is an overstatement but KW played a very good game and won. 1 pt or 21 pts wouldn't have made that one easier to take. Sleepwalking in the playoffs will have you getting the basketballs out, period. Good teams get beat every year that we all expect to win so there is always a chance.

I see KW got destroyed 47-0 , truth hurts lol!

lol, I never have said they were going to win it all, I know they can't beat Riverheads. But I will say they would shit stomp Sussex. I know they are in a weak district and have said multiple times they need to make a District with some of the Bay Rivers and the City schools that are 2A now. I will be routing for Sussex, we had some good games over the years. I was just stating my opinion on 1A.

lol, I never have said they were going to win it all, I know they can't beat Riverheads. But I will say they would shit stomp Sussex. I know they are in a weak district and have said multiple times they need to make a District with some of the Bay Rivers and the City schools that are 2A now. I will be routing for Sussex, we had some good games over the years. I was just stating my opinion on 1A.
The same way we use to shit stomp King William in the 90s lol, go beat up on that weak district! 0 -47 lol

Wow..SHit stomp Sussex? And you are routing(rooting) for Sussex? Yikes...

I like our chances as long as you guys dont have a Ridge Stokes clone , that guy was the veer killer against us
Your team must be extremely good if you like your chances against the big red machine....i've never seen them play so I don't have a clue what y'all have.

Last edited:
The Veer can be effective for sure. I don't think we have a clone of Ridge but collectively we are pretty good against the run IMO. We will see if we both make it that far. There are a bunch of good teams that are just hitting their stride so its going to be an interesting November to say the least.

Not boasting on how good we are but I dam sure know we are not scared !
Didn't say you were boasting, just saying you have to be confident in your teams abilities if you like your chances against that bunch!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT