ADVERTISEMENT

Impressions. Salem Louisa

You can "sort of" understand my position? I'm not sure you do. It's pretty simple: Stop using individual characteristics to describe entire groups of people.
You didn't understand MY COMMENT...so choose your battles. I don't OWE YOU ANYTHING...and I'm damn sure NOT going to ALLOW YOU to tell me what can and CAN'T OPINE....BETTER?
And...I'm NOT the one that "started" it....I was actually attempted to offer a little "diffusion" but after your "bold underlining"....enjoy yourself....

• Wow
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
You didn't understand MY COMMENT...so choose your battles. I don't OWE YOU ANYTHING...and I'm damn sure NOT going to ALLOW YOU to tell me what can and CAN'T OPINE....BETTER?
And...I'm NOT the one that "started" it....I was actually attempted to offer a little "diffusion" but after your "bold underlining"....enjoy yourself....
You're right. I still don't know what point you're trying to make. Please explain.

You'd be beyond a moron to think a kid from East LA or the Muck is paying tuition -- that is GLARING -- them Black kids and them Brown kids from the hood all about that life gonna need a handout because you know them people can't afford their bills.

But I'm glad you sort of get it. I'll try to do a better job choosing my battles when it comes to racial stereotypes. Don't want anyone to think I'm trying to tell them to stop being ignorant!

Not only is it ignorant, most of the time it's WRONG. I've lived in what you might call the "inner city." I wish people would stop using it as a lazy euphemism for poor neighborhoods where people of color live. The "innermost" parts of some cities are often the wealthiest. I feel like people use that term sometimes as shorthand to avoid what they're really thinking -- race, poverty, education, etc -- but most of the time it just means people I haven't had much experience with. We have both challenging and great things, but people are so woefully ignorant of the world outside their own little experience that it conjures up a negative, one-dimensional image.

Not only is it ignorant, most of the time it's WRONG. I've lived in what you might call the "inner city." I wish people would stop using it as a lazy euphemism for poor neighborhoods where people of color live. The "innermost" parts of some cities are often the wealthiest. I feel like people use that term sometimes as shorthand to avoid what they're really thinking -- race, poverty, education, etc -- but most of the time it just means people I haven't had much experience with. We have both challenging and great things, but people are so woefully ignorant of the world outside their own little experience that it conjures up a negative, one-dimensional image.
I actually agree with you...if you can look beyond the "sort of"....
I "sort of" get it because I'm white....because I've never had a white person look at me like a young african american...so I can only "sort of" get it....because I CAN'T totally relate to it....does that make sense? However...I do know how it feels to have an AA look at me like I'm there to cause trouble for them....but that's another story also....if you only knew some of the things that I've done over the years for the kids in my community...the Bay Rivers District....I don't see in color....I see young athletes busting their asses....but....it's easier to pass judgement than it is to WITNESS....

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Color is apparent to all except those who are blind or color-blind. “I don’t see color” might be a well-intended phrase, but it’s almost always a lie. My $.02.

Color is apparent to all except those who are blind or color-blind. “I don’t see color” might be a well-intended phrase, but it’s almost always a lie. My $.02.
Believe what you want... WP? As in West Point? I'll guarantee you if that's the case, I can give you 100+: people that would should be happy to shove your "opinion" where the sun don't shine... Better yet... I wrote for VAPREPS for several years.. send Will Garlick a message, ask him his opinion about me... See what he feels about me. I don't have to justify myself to anyone here. My actions have always spoken for itself. I have done what I have, never asked for recognition, have had total strangers approach me in public all over the 757 for promoting their student athlete... I've never hidden who I was. But you don't care about that (neither do I, honestly). It's much easier to assume and scream racism because you can't keep your ass in limp mode and keep placing blame.
Here's a thought... SOME WHITE PEOPLE DO CARE...<<GASP>>
The irony/sad part here... I'm trying to agree and I'm being told that I don't... ANYTHING to keep the agenda and anger brewing and stewing. How about you STOP being part of the problem?

Last edited:
Joe.... They can pay there bills...they can struggle like you and me...but what they can't do and what my family can't due is pay 80K in tuition for exposure when the player has already been identified nationally as a 3, 4 or 5 star player. The DUDES don't pay tuition. Take the L.

Reactions: gwb16
Believe what you want... WP? As in West Point? I'll guarantee you if that's the case, I can give you 100+: people that would should be happy to shove your "opinion" where the sun don't shine... Better yet... I wrote for VAPREPS for several years.. send Will Garlick a message, ask him his opinion about me... See what he feels about me. I don't have to justify myself to anyone here. My actions have always spoken for itself. I have done what I have, never asked for recognition, have had total strangers approach me in public all over the 757 for promoting their student athlete... I've never hidden who I was. But you don't care about that (neither do I, honestly). It's much easier to assume and scream racism because you can't keep your ass in limp mode and keep placing blame.
Here's a thought... SOME WHITE PEOPLE DO CARE...<<GASP>>
The irony/sad part here... I'm trying to agree and I'm being told that I don't... ANYTHING to keep the agenda and anger brewing and stewing. How about you STOP being part of the problem?
Good lord. I said very little. Sorry to trigger you. Wasn’t trying to say all that. Just a phrase people use that is annoying to me. Sorry to make you think I was accusing you of racism.

Good lord. I said very little. Sorry to trigger you. Wasn’t trying to say all that. Just a phrase people use that is annoying to me. Sorry to make you think I was accusing you of racism.
Nah, don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong. This is a great opportunity for people to learn, yet they're trying to teach, and more interested in being right. It's not working.

I apologize if I took it out of context....I don't take kindly being put into a "box" that I don't fit in by people that don't jack sh!t about me....I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Reactions: WP02alum
Nah, don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong. This is a great opportunity for people to learn, yet they're trying to teach, and more interested in being right. It's not working.
I have no problem with being wrong, when I'm wrong. But don't come at me sideways when you don't have have a leg to stand on. You don't know me. My history, or anything about my past. Quit assuming. This conversation could have taken a much different turn early on. Don't you think you "sort of" agree?

• Wow
I have no problem with being wrong, when I'm wrong. But don't come at me sideways when you don't have have a leg to stand on. You don't know me. My history, or anything about my past. Quit assuming. This conversation could have taken a much different turn early on. Don't you think you "sort of" agree?
Man, all I did was say some people are going to 👀 at that differently. I'm not going to downplay it. That's all!

I suspect everyone involved in the convo are standup folks, despite us parsing each other’s words. It’s all good.

Man, all I did was say some people are going to 👀 at that differently. I'm not going to downplay it. That's all!
I respect that. I absolutely despise the fact that we're living in 2023 and race is still taking center stage in a topic like this. I make fantastic money, but I absolutely CANNOT afford IMG tuition. Period. I'd have to roll the dice and find a cousin in the Phoebus zone if my boys were still in school 😂😂😂

I suspect everyone involved in the convo are standup folks, despite us parsing each other’s words. It’s all good.
I agree with this... I've never met anyone from this message board that wasn't an absolute great person to be around in person.
We wouldn't be here if we didn't care about the kids and our favorite school or schools.

I don't say anything that I don't mean. To a fault sometimes and I'll argue until my last breath if I need to... Just the way I was raised. I'm also 56... Grumpy old man syndrome is starting to set in... LOL

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT