ADVERTISEMENT

Impressive Essex 5 year win streak...only three old Group A teams...

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Essex has only lost to three 1A and 2A programs in the past five seasons- All State Champions.

2A Goochland (lost three times - once in D2 state championship, Essex defeated them twice)
1A Altavista (lost twice in 1A state championship)
1A Galax (state champion, beat Essex in state semis)

I was wondering who was the last 1A or 2A team to defeat the Trojans (besides those three). Any guesses?......

For 1A, it was Lancaster and (now) 2A W&L, both in 2011. That was Essex Coach Fulks 1st year and he had a tough rebuilding situation indeed. It almost always takes at least a year or two for a new coach to get things under control (unless loaded with talent and/or smooth prior coaching change).

Besides those three programs, Essex record playing 1 and 2As under Coach Fulks - 2012 - to present.

53-0

Not too shabby. Well done! (Thought this was interesting info to share.)

Last edited:
Now you have gone and did it.......Gave Essex Trojan1 THE BIG HEAD !!!
( just kidding)

For accuracy's sake, the last 2A team to defeat Essex (besides Goochland) was the Amelia County Raiders. It was in the 2011 1st round of playoffs (a 55-6 whipping). Sorry, was looking at regular season.

However, Essex went on a amazing run in 2012 going 14-0 (breaking like three VA passing records in the process) before falling to a great Goochland in the D2 state title game.

Now you have gone and did it.......Gave Essex Trojan1 THE BIG HEAD !!!
( just kidding)
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I'm as level headed as they come when it comes to my Trojans. But... I've been told that I physically have a big head. Lol

Well that's over I don't think C B will be state Champions way to jinks it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT