ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Move by GW Danville

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
I've stated before that I am a big fan of GW's JV team. They are about 9 deep and probably one of the biggest teams GW has had in a long time. I see that GW has called 6'9 255 FRESHMAN Tyler McDuffie up to varsity, which is probably the smartest move I've seen to date. McDuffie is a project but we could very well be in the midst of something special. If this kid works with the right people this summer then I'd be very afraid. He didn't play that much on JV but that is changing on varsity. REMEMBER THE NAME: TYLER MCDUFFIE.

Wondered about him DSH. When they played Martinsville jv, GW beat them bad and he never played a second. I figured a 6'9" kid no matter his skill level should play a little in a 30 point blow out. But GW's jv team is for real, they have unbelievable size for a jv team and the guard play was really good also.

Wondered about him DSH. When they played Martinsville jv, GW beat them bad and he never played a second. I figured a 6'9" kid no matter his skill level should play a little in a 30 point blow out. But GW's jv team is for real, they have unbelievable size for a jv team and the guard play was really good also.
The JV team has 2 kids that should be in the varsity rotation right now. With GW losing so much this year, their future looks even better. I think that once McDuffie gets in basketball shape he will be a difference maker. I'm not sure he knows how to respond to his body yet with him being so tall. I'm expecting him to be a BEAST by his junior year.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
They should play our JV team! Ours is 16-0 with some great guards too! Idk why there aren't JV playoffs :(
I'd love to see GW play y'all too since y'all are 16-0. EC Glass's JV challenged GW pretty well for 2 and a half quarters but GW had too much talent and size. As good as Martinsville's JV and Halifax's JV are, GW ran em out the gym. I'm excited to see who all gets called up for conference. GW could use at least 3 of them. Carlos Poole, who is the next big thing out of Danville for football, should be no less than the 2nd or 3rd man off the bench for varsity...He's that good as a sophomore. Glad he played JV to develop. I'm no doctor but he should be about 6'5 before it's all said and done. Even better kid. Team player. When the coach takes him out of the game, he doesn't sit until he's dapped all of his teammates. He will be a blue chip recruit QB and could get D1 offers for SG on the basketball court, kid's a beast!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT