ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to make a plan!

I'll be there. Not sure if I'll make it by noon but I'll definitely be there before game 1 is over. I'll just meet up wherever the general consensus chooses.

Yes it's that time

I'm with Hoos, I don't think I'm going to make it for the start of the first game but I'll be there around 1:30-2 most likely. I recall some posters saying they would bring family, friends who weren't the most mobile. My vote is to make things most convenient for those guys.

Re: Yes it's that time

I agree, One Man. Let's wait until this evening and give everyone a chance to jump in. My first guess is to say somewhere along the main level on the Liberty home side. And probably after the first game and before the second?

How about it Hammy? It's going to be a beautiful day, Won't you ride down and meet us and watch the games?

And Shaunty, I sure hope you will make the trip down. At least out of two days of football, you will see four teams that are decent. (In case other think I'm nuts, Shaunty is supposed to go to the Skins game Sunday).

Where are you Bleeding Navy? Gen54, you are coming, correct?

GHawks76, I'll call you tonight. I hope you will try to come and bring your son.

I guess there is little hope that some of the Essex guys that post regularly will be there. I heard a rumor that you guys had a slightly more important game to attend. Good Luck.

HR6, are you going to Salem?

Spartan of Yore, where are you man. You have been really quiet lately.

All the regular Salem guys, we hope you will agree to meet up for a few minutes so we can put faces with nicknames.

I've got a van lined up and I'll be there, but my dad is coming from Lynchburg to pick me up because the van is in Madison Heights. I'm not sure what time I'll get there or if I'll be able to meet everyone, hopefully I will.

Hey Hoos, I happen to know a certain referee that will be there tomorrow. If Hammy makes it, do I need to get the ref to wear his striped shirt and bring his whistle?

Just kidding. I'll tell you something that happened to me a few years ago. I had formed an opinion of a fellow competing electrical contractor that had been in the business as long as I have. And it was not a very complimentary opinion. A local distributor had a counter day and invited all their customers to stop by for lunch. Well, not only was this other contractor there, I sat across the table from him. You can figure out the rest. Not only did we get along, we found out how much we shared in common. To this day we are friends and send each other customers when we just can't get to them, or the other one of us has more skills concerning their needs.

I'm willing to bet that you and Hammy, and virtually any of us that meet, will not only get along, but end up making friends that last us the rest of our lives.

LOL, yeah you never know. I never try to judge people until I meet them, but some posters just push my buttons, and ham and I have gone at it loooonnggg before you started posting here. I've met one man already and he's a cool dude. My big goal is wikki, but I don't think she's too enthused about it, haha.

I will be there around 3ish and would love to meet up. Once I get my dad seated, I can meet anywhere.

That's probably the time I'll get there, but I'm not sure since I'm waiting on my dad to come from Lynchburg get me and bring me back to Liberty. Hopefully I'll be able to meet everyone.

It is not that at all. I don't mind meeting anyone. I met Dinwiddie, Mike Salem, Tombstone, a guy from Brookville before. It is just since I will be in the suite, it is hard for me to come back down, very strict, but I will definitely try as long as it is on the home side, can't promise though. Think about it this way, I would be the only woman meeting you men, geez. ha ha

Hey Dinwiddie, I am actually cooking my Taco Chicken soup now for tomorrow.

I will be in the suite on the home side near the very top on the opposite side of the scoreboard. I will be out sitting in the red seats from time to time, just look up wave. I am sure I will see a couple of you.

OK Wikki, I'll be the crazy guy you see trying to climb up over the railing.

OK, here is the plan unless someone has a different idea?

Meet up for a few minutes on the main level on the Liberty home side, in front of the doors of the building you go in to get to the elevators. And if there is a second set of elevators, I'm speaking of the set closest to 460.

I will wear a red sweater and tan pants. I'll probably be wearing a Dinwiddie cap, although this may be in my hand. I hat to wear a hat. If you will send me an e-mail in the next hour, I'll send you my phone number, but I'm hitting the road around 9;30. I do not get my emails on my phone, at least not this email address.

wcook2@verizon.net.

I really hope most of you will walk over and at least put a face to our nicknames.

Safe traves to everyone.

DP

Wikki I'm hovering around the south tower elevators now on the main level. I'm wearing a black leather jacket, red shirt, and red and white shoes.
This post was edited on 12/13 3:23 PM by HoosFan05

By the time I checked Preps it was around 6:00 so I figured you had left and went back to the LT side. I came back down again after that but gave up. Not sure if anyone met up or not. But I think if a specific time would have been picked it would have been better. sorry it just didn't work out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT