ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Turner has resigned from Auburn

Since 1960 FC is 259-342. In the 60's never won more that 4, 70's decent with a 10-2 in 76, 80' decent with a 10-1 in 82 and 8--3 in 87, the 90's 35-65 and from 2000 -08 not a winning season. Now on to the run by James no doubt Coach James did a very good job and he is now at Pulaski but how many schools had a D-1 RB and a D1 center on the team and not win it in Single A? This is not in any way an insult to FC but sometimes fans get spoiled by success and they forget there has not been much tradition. ALso has no there been a couple kids transfer? I think you should give the young coach a chance to build a program and see if he can continue the success that james had (also Hale 7-3 is not bad).

As far as Caoch Turner goes no one can deny the job at Auburn but timing is everything. Auburn beat some weak teams in Turner's tenure and they have had a horse in the backfield. Now with some kids graduating and Nelson transferring sounds like timing is everything again for Coach Turner. I am sure Coach Turner will be coaching again soon and he will be successful.

FC fans be patient and encourage the kids your team suffered many injuries this year and things should be better.
Lack of conditioning was a major factor in a lot of our injured players,also our young talent (JV) spent all of their time standing around in practice doing nothing . How can you build a program with this approach, it is very difficult to keep these young players motivated when they are not involved.

Reactions: dringtuoti
Lack of conditioning was a major factor in a lot of our injured players,also our young talent (JV) spent all of their time standing around in practice doing nothing . How can you build a program with this approach, it is very difficult to keep these young players motivated when they are not involved.
I think looking at what is coming up for the fort the wing t would not be a good offence we have wide outs and tailbacks everywhere[/QUOT
Coach Turner and Hale are complete opposites as coaches, Coach Turner is a rah rah coach, makes everyone believe they are the most important player on the team and without them being great, team will not win. He believes the team is built in the weight room as a unit, if you can't put the time in as a team he will send you home. In 2007/08 he had this type of player at PC and spread the wing t out and won 8 and 12 games, I think he can win with either( the type of player you describe ) he is built on discipline and team first attitude. Both coaches played and coached under hicks but different, not saying anything bad about either.

I think looking at what is coming up for the fort the wing t would not be a good offence we have wide outs and tailbacks everywhere
I think looking at what is coming up for the fort the wing t would not be a good offence we have wide outs and tailbacks everywhere[/QUOT
Coach Turner and Hale are complete opposites as coaches, Coach Turner is a rah rah coach, makes everyone believe they are the most important player on the team and without them being great, team will not win. He believes the team is built in the weight room as a unit, if you can't put the time in as a team he will send you home. In 2007/08 he had this type of player at PC and spread the wing t out and won 8 and 12 games, I think he can win with either( the type of player you describe ) he is built on discipline and team first attitude. Both coaches played and coached under hicks but different, not saying anything bad about either.

First you may think im a liar but the numbers don't lie would you like to take a look ok 15 years at CCHS 76 wins 23 of those against single a opponents which are 1a and 2a classification now, CCHS was one of the biggest double a schools in the state at the time.
those 76 teams that CCHS beat went on to win 290 games among them. assume they all played 10 games that is 290 wins and 470 losses or 2.62 wins apiece not very good stats. tired of the past fast forward to 2015 you say the parents had it out for him from the get go not true lost me at Radford 4 games in to the season FC had gave up over 2000 yds when asked what he was going to do to change the defense reply not a thing we are 4 and 0. game goes like this you have the ball at the 40 or so you have 3 and 7 with 52 seconds left on the clock why do you call a pass play explain would love to hear your explanation cause I don't have one not to mention the punt on the 28 yard line love those 8 yd net gains on punts, Oh don't forget the next week you go for it twice on the 44 and 48 to give James River all the momentum. That is why hale is no longer at FCHS if not for a good friend as principal he would not have got it in the first place

I know there was a lot of second guessing and grumbling about Jacks play calling and style of coaching, like being to tough and demanding on the kids. If I were in jack's shoes health problems or not I would look for a community more supportive.

I know there was a lot of second guessing and grumbling about Jacks play calling and style of coaching, like being to tough and demanding on the kids. If I were in jack's shoes health problems or not I would look for a community more supportive.
The Auburn people won't realize what they had until next year , tough and demanding is why they won. Just like a earlier post someone said people complaining about Nelson getting ball to much, Auburn will not even be conversation on this board, with coach leaving.

The Auburn people won't realize what they had until next year , tough and demanding is why they won. Just like a earlier post someone said people complaining about Nelson getting ball to much, Auburn will not even be conversation on this board, with coach leaving.
Yeah, Nelson was averaging 7 yards a carry. they didnt have another play they could bank on getting 7 yards. What was it the great woody hayes said, "if you can get 3 and a half yards from the fullback every play why do anything else".

Because you don't beat good teams like that. what was his average against the Parry McCleurs, Giles, And Glenvars of the world? You have to develop other kids and more so their confidence that they can be impactful. And you do that by giving them a chance to see the ball too.

Because you don't beat good teams like that. what was his average against the Parry McCleurs, Giles, And Glenvars of the world? You have to develop other kids and more so their confidence that they can be impactful. And you do that by giving them a chance to see the ball too.
He rushed for 210 yards vs Pm, 97 vs Glenvar and 87 vs Giles. According to max preps Nelson had 349 carries, the other backs had a combine 280 carries, the other backs had plenty of chances. Why complain Coach Turner will not be coaching there and Nelson will be carrying the ball for PM , so the great backs at Auburn will get all the carries they want, according to the roster the backs are all sophomores and freshmen. By the way no one gains a lot of yards on Glenvar and Giles.

I don't disagree, Auburn will drop back off the map unfortunately without Turner. He won them a lot of games with his defense, don't beat yourself on offense, and slow the game down philosophy. I just didnt agree with the comment about giving it to one kid just because he will get you 3.5 yards every time. Even Giles can big play you because of their misdirection and Playaction. Not knocking Coach Turner by any means.

Sure you have to develop confidence but thats easier said than done. Auburn did use other plays and backs in games this year. But overall they just couldnt make a play. when auburn needed to make a play nelson was the answer.

Well gee Ed, you told us all about Coach Turner how about telling us about Coach Hale. Since Jack is a rah rah guy does that mean Hale isn't. Since Jack believes in the weight program and Hale is the opposite I guess you are saying Hale didn't believe in a strong weight program either. By the way Hale played at Big Creek for Mario Poletti not Joel Hicks. Not saying anything bad about you just waiting for the rest of the story.

Just like Fort Chiswell found out this year.

Reactions: dringtuoti
Well gee Ed, you told us all about Coach Turner how about telling us about Coach Hale. Since Jack is a rah rah guy does that mean Hale isn't. Since Jack believes in the weight program and Hale is the opposite I guess you are saying Hale didn't believe in a strong weight program either. By the way Hale played at Big Creek for Mario Poletti not Joel Hicks. Not saying anything bad about you just waiting for the rest of the story.
Should been more clear: Coach Turner is going to run a more power type of offense , coach hale has spread his version of the wing t out, at FC he was in the gun running a zone read. Opposite in there offense and defense system not in there belief in the weight room or there approach , both are old school coaches. Turner played for Coach Hicks and both cut there teeth under him as coaches. Both are good coaches, not sure what happened at The Fort, have a lot of respect for both and both need to be running programs. Coach Turner will be in 2017 , hope hale as well.

Reactions: raninab
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT