ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson for September 1st

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Midlothian 4A (0-1) @ #23 Powhatan 4A (0-0)-Thursday
Powhatan got the Week 1 bye week, so they get to come out on their home opener having not played a game yet. Midlothian, however, did play in Week 1, and got hammered by Freeman, 41-21. Powhatan is believed to have a bit of a down year in the district, but the Indians are still the Indians, and take care of business. Powhatan with the W.

Fluvanna County 3A (1-0) @ Spotsylvania 3A (1-0)
Both team got their much needed wins in Week 1 against subpar foes. Fluvanna's one win of the season last year came against Spotsy, and the Knights are gonna be looking for revenge, and a 2-0 start to their season. It should be a well contested battle, but I got the home crowd. Spotsylvania with the W.

#25 Albemarle 5A (1-0) @ #3 Colonial Forge 6A (1-0)
The Pats have a tough one, a real tough one, in week two. Starting QB J'Quan Anderson will make his return for his 2017 season debut, but even he can't stop the powerhouse that is Colonial Forge. The Albemarle defense had 5 takeaways last week against Mountain View, and if their defense can continue to cause problems, they might be able to stay in this game. Still, Colonial Forge, with the (big) W.

#15 James Monroe 3A (0-1) @ #19 Charlottesville 4A (0-1)
Charlottesville's supposed-to-be explosive offense couldn't get going until the fourth quarter against EC Glass, and that cost them. James Monroe couldn't overcome a very slow start against Stafford, and that cost them. Now, it's a battle to see who goes 0-2. Charlottesville's D played very well against Glass, forcing 3 interceptions and a couple of fumbles. However, it won't matter much if the offense can't get going like last week. Still, I have faith Folley, Durrett, Davis and Neale will show up big in Cville's home opener. Charlottesville with the W.

Orange County 5A (0-0) @ Culpeper County 3A (0-1)
Culpeper started the year with Eastern View, not someone you want to start out with. Orange had it's by week last week, so they'll come out a bit rusty as well I'd imagine. Culpeper is going to want this one badly, and Orange lost a lot of key pieces last year. Still, I believe Orange gets off on the right foot before their own date with the Cyclones next week. Orange with the W.

#13 Louisa County 4A (1-0) @ #21 Chancellor 4A (0-1)
Louisa came out and opened some eyes by pounding Courtland, 41-7. Chancellor lost as expected, but the D played really well. Now, the Lions head to Fredericksburg to play the Chargers. I believe the Chargers will open some eyes this week and get the Lions on their heels for a bit of the game at least, but ultimately the Lions cruise. Chancellor needs a lot of work on offense, and against Louisa, it's not going to help. Louisa get a big W.

Bye Week:
#18 Western Albemarle 3A (1-0) Next Week: @ #10 Lord Botetourt 3A (1-0)
#19 Monticello 3A (1-0) Next Week: @ Turner Ashby 3A (0-1)

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Black Knight, where did you find the rankings for the teams? Always looking for new links and articles to read on Virginia high school football!

The rankings I use on here are the Maxpreps rankings. You have to have an account to view them I believe, but here are the links for 3A and 4A Top 25:

3A: http://www.maxpreps.com/division/va/BR6PNhyr80KTeOdN9L-LDQ/football-fall-17/playoff-division-3a.htm

4A: http://www.maxpreps.com/division/va/FCbytuh01km-zKHtM_O9MA/football-fall-17/playoff-division-4a.htm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT