ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Forest 23 EC Glass 0 F

Obviously a 10-0 JF would be the 1 seed, but would 9-1 JF (with a loss against LCA) have enough points to keep the 1 seed away from Salem?

Obviously a 10-0 JF would be the 1 seed, but would 9-1 JF (with a loss against LCA) have enough points to keep the 1 seed away from Salem?
It's too close to call right now with 3 games left to play. IF both teams end up 9-1, it will come down to each team's opponents wins. Right now the opponent's wins are pretty even. What ultimately may end up being the deciding factor is Salem has (3) C5 opponents- PH, FC, WF. JF doesn't have any upper Class opponents.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Anyone know if Bedford Co is forcing them to play SR? That could be a huge liability. Gretna is 2? But at least they will get some more rider points with them. Looking at Salem’s schedule I’d imagine they’d be the 1 if they both are 9-1.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
It's too close to call right now with 3 games left to play. IF both teams end up 9-1, it will come down to each team's opponents wins. Right now the opponent's wins are pretty even. What ultimately may end up being the deciding factor is Salem has (3) C5 opponents- PH, FC, WF. JF doesn't have any upper Class opponents.
1 seed 2 seed. Doesn't really matter. I think either team can win on opponents field

I will do a max point this week for both teams

1 seed 2 seed. Doesn't really matter. I think either team can win on opponents field

Would agree but for the sake of the fans it'd obviously be better to have it at a stadium that actually has seating for both sides. JF's seating arrangement is an embarrassment.

Would agree but for the sake of the fans it'd obviously be better to have it at a stadium that actually has seating for both sides. JF's seating arrangement is an embarrassment.
lol, they don’t even have enough seating for their own fans!! I guess they expect you to bring a blanket and sit on the hill!!

Reactions: wikki
They technically don't meet VHSL playoff seating requirements but Salem still played there 2016. People had to sit on the bank and stand at the top

Reactions: wikki
I know teams have had to move games for state games, but don't recall it happening before then. Is that just for States? What is the seating requirement?

I know teams have had to move games for state games, but don't recall it happening before then. Is that just for States? What is the seating requirement?
I tried to locate it but was not able to. All I found was regional championship minimum requirements. It did not list what they were. Back a few yrs ago when this was being discussed. Each Class has different attendance minimums as well as bathrooms. It gets larger as you go up in class. The Region is supposed to have 3 options in where the championship game can be played at. I will keep looking.

JF has no shortage of money; though I guess they would want the county to pay for that and use their private funds for other things.
Also, if county funds were used, then Liberty and SR would need some type of upgrade as well. Jf's vistor's seating is larger than the home seating. I think Christmas when there had plans to renovate and make the current visitor side the home side with a nice pressbox and all. There seating is atrocious and not to mention the dreaded hill!

JF has no shortage of money; though I guess they would want the county to pay for that and use their private funds for other things.
That's basically what I meant. They don't want to pay for it. Not really a necessity in their eyes

JF will make it work they will bring in portable bleachers to meet requirements. It is a tradition at Jf for the fans to line the hill with chairs and for fans to sit on the hill. Much like UVA has the hill where students sit. If they earn the right to host and the oposing fans dont like it sorry for your bad luck stay at home.

JF will make it work they will bring in portable bleachers to meet requirements. It is a tradition at Jf for the fans to line the hill with chairs and for fans to sit on the hill. Much like UVA has the hill where students sit. If they earn the right to host and the oposing fans dont like it sorry for your bad luck stay at home.
But if they don’t meet minimum region and state capacity requirements, they won’t get what they earn.

It's an embarrassment. Sad

That's like saying it is a tradition for homeless to go to the soup kitchen. They don't do that because of tradition, they do that because it is their only option.
They need to do something about the restrooms also. They are the worst. The women’s side has two to three stalls and the plywood doors don’t even lock. You have to hold it with your hand. It’s really bad

Reactions: SFUWO
If the seating and restrooms are going to ruin your experience, are you really there for football? You can always watch from your couch

If the seating and restrooms are going to ruin your experience, are you really there for football? You can always watch from your couch
I would say seating is an important part of being there for football and being comfortable is a goal. If nature calls, functional and clean facilities are also important to being able to return to watch the game versus trying to hold off until the game is complete to avoid substandard restrooms. Stadiums are a reflection of the community and the pride the community takes in the program and school.

Reactions: WP02alum and SFUWO
I would say seating is an important part of being there for football and being comfortable is a goal. If nature calls, functional and clean facilities are also important to being able to return to watch the game versus trying to hold off until the game is complete to avoid substandard restrooms. Stadiums are a reflection of the community and the pride the community takes in the program and school.
Like I said JF will follow the rules and meet any requirements to host a regional game. Complain all you want but if Jf earns the right to host they will host. Complaining is not going to change anything.

Everyone prioritizes things differently I suppose... I still say if someone's priorities are being more comfortable and quick trips to the restroom, stay at home and watch from the couch or from the comfort of their own bathroom. Or the communities that supposedly take more pride in their program can spend more time helping their own teams obtain homefield advantage instead of focusing on things that have no affect on the game itself. IMO

Like I said JF will follow the rules and meet any requirements to host a regional game. Complain all you want but if Jf earns the right to host they will host. Complaining is not going to change anything.
Who is complaining? I offered a response as to why some people consider those things important and the smart ass response to stay at home on the couch. You're also right that complaining will not change anything.

Who is complaining? I offered a response as to why some people consider those things important and the smart ass response to stay at home on the couch. You're also right that complaining will not change anything.
it was not intended as a response to you specifically but more to the collective responses. JF is aware that stadium upgrades need to be made and they are coming. Just not by playoffs. The improvements will come with a price tag of upwards of 1 million so that we can have elite facilities. That kind of money doesn't come from the county and takes some time plus whenever you deal with a school system there is a bunch of red tape. Every year about this time there are a group of fans complaining about a visitors stadium and it gets old. It is not limited to Jf.

it was not intended as a response to you specifically but more to the collective responses. JF is aware that stadium upgrades need to be made and they are coming. Just not by playoffs. The improvements will come with a price tag of upwards of 1 million so that we can have elite facilities. That kind of money doesn't come from the county and takes some time plus whenever you deal with a school system there is a bunch of red tape. Every year about this time there are a group of fans complaining about a visitors stadium and it gets old. It is not limited to Jf.
Ok, just for future reference if a general reply best to respond in the post box as opposed to "reply with quote". Why wouldn't the money come from public funds, or at least a portion? A school and its adjoining facilities are public assets. People always critique/complain about facilities they visit and home fans always get defensive and respond. I generally ignore the noise absent some response begging a reply.

Ok, just for future reference if a general reply best to respond in the post box as opposed to "reply with quote". Why wouldn't the money come from public funds, or at least a portion? A school and its adjoining facilities are public assets. People always critique/complain about facilities they visit and home fans always get defensive and respond. I generally ignore the noise absent some response begging a reply.
Because it is a county school and they will not supply money to one high school unless the other 2 schools get the same amount. The same thing happened when jf wanted turf the county would not do it because they said they didn't have the money to do 3 turf fields. So Jf raised the money and then had to fight the county to get it approved to put turf in because they said it wasn't fair. But common sense won in the end.

Because it is a county school and they will not supply money to one high school unless the other 2 schools get the same amount. The same thing happened when jf wanted turf the county would not do it because they said they didn't have the money to do 3 turf fields. So Jf raised the money and then had to fight the county to get it approved to put turf in because they said it wasn't fair. But common sense won in the end.
That is government just looking for an excuse to sidestep obligations. Resource allocation decisions are made all the time and if the requirement was that what one gets they all get, lots of things would never get done in larger localities. There are ways around that inertia including matching programs, long range capital spending plans, etc.. That philosophy will put the county in a very difficult situation down the line as larger capital items begin to wear out.

My bad, messed up on the quote reply
Everyone prioritizes things differently I suppose... I still say if someone's priorities are being more comfortable and quick trips to the restroom, stay at home and watch from the couch or from the comfort of their own bathroom. Or the communities that supposedly take more pride in their program can spend more time helping their own teams obtain homefield advantage instead of focusing on things that have no affect on the game itself. IMO
It’s not about a priorities, it’s about a basic expectation of facilities that are available every other stadium in the area, and probably 99% of stadiums in the state. No one is complaining about concessions, because that is a mess at every school.

They have hosted in the past. Sure they will host again this yr. It's just unfortunate for the fans that want to come see the game in person. Not just visiting teams fans.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter where the game is played
It would be nice to have the kids play in front of the largest crowd possible and that just won't happen at JF

They have hosted in the past. Sure they will host again this yr. It's just unfortunate for the fans that want to come see the game in person. Not just visiting teams fans.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter where the game is played
It would be nice to have the kids play in front of the largest crowd possible and that just won't happen at JF
I think if you ask the Jf kids where they want to play they will say jf and they are the ones that would have earned the right.

I thought the process had already started back in 2015. This was about the same time they did the weight room. JF has potential for an awesome stadium. These things do take time to be planned and then started. Definitely won't happen for this yr.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT