ADVERTISEMENT

JF’s Keenan Cupit

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
kcupit35

Last edited:
I think the cascade of offers is going to start now. I see Ohio State being next

Not sarcasm. I may not be a coach, here, in this area, at this division. But I have insight and I know who is looking at this talented young man.
Not questioning your knowledge or insight or whether you are a coach or not (even though several people on here believe you are) just thought you were being sarcastic is all. After all, you do have a reputation of being sarcastic.

And no disrespect to Keenan but, I don't think any of those schools you just mentioned are recruiting him. They may be "looking at him" but going on a campus visit doesn't mean a kid is being actively recruited by a school. (I have insight as well as to who is recruiting him) ;)

Not questioning your knowledge or insight or whether you are a coach or not (even though several people on here believe you are) just thought you were being sarcastic is all. After all, you do have a reputation of being sarcastic.

And no disrespect to Keenan but, I don't think any of those schools you just mentioned are recruiting him. They may be "looking at him" but going on a campus visit doesn't mean a kid is being actively recruited by a school. (I have insight as well as to who is recruiting him) ;)
I know for certain, from an insider’s view that they are. That is all.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
That is interesting, I know Tech likes him but can’t figure out where he projects. They want him to camp. Interesting that the power houses of college football like him more than middle tier programs. But from everything o heard he is a great kid and I hope he gets the offers he wants.

Congratulations! Great to see a local kid get an offer from UVA or Tech. Doesn't seem like that happens often enough. Crazy how some of you guys are critical about who is or isn't recruiting this kid. It's not up to you! Put your egos aside and just be happy for the kid! It's an opportunity to motivate your kids! They have an opportunity to play against a highly recruited kid!

Reactions: VolNation85
Congratulations! Great to see a local kid get an offer from UVA or Tech. Doesn't seem like that happens often enough. Crazy how some of you guys are critical about who is or isn't recruiting this kid. It's not up to you! Put your egos aside and just be happy for the kid! It's an opportunity to motivate your kids! They have an opportunity to play against a highly recruited kid!
I assume you are referring to @jfcav1 and myself as the ones "being critical about who is or isn't recruiting this kid." If so, I'm sure I speak for the both of us when I say, we are very happy for Keenan and his family. Us debating who is recruiting him or who isn't has nothing to do with our egos or happiness for him. If anything, you should put your ego aside for assuming you know anything about either of us.

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I made a mistake and said some of you. Looking back, it was just one post, the one that referred to him being recruited more by the power houses more than the middle tier programs. Just seems like that comment questions the validity of the interest from UVA or Georgia or whoever. And this post is obviously coming from a rival EC Glass coach who's star player is getting offers from the "middle tier" programs and not the "power houses".

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I made a mistake and said some of you. Looking back, it was just one post, the one that referred to him being recruited more by the power houses more than the middle tier programs. Just seems like that comment questions the validity of the interest from UVA or Georgia or whoever. And this post is obviously coming from a rival EC Glass coach who's star player is getting offers from the "middle tier" programs and not the "power houses".
If you were referring to me than you are way off. First off you don’t know me or what I do for a living. Secondly, I never questioned if it was true. The kid obviously has interest from uva they offered. I was only making an observation that uva offered and now Ohio State was going to offer, that is a big jump. The kid is being offered an opportunity to go to college for free, that’s an awesome accomplishment. I never feel bad for a kid who has multiple options so when it comes to the glass kid he also has multiple options. Besides their is along ways to go and both kids will get many more offers. I am more concerned with kids who have not received offers. There are multiple kids in the Seminole.

I agree, Kendrick's power 5 offers will come. Does he have any camps lined up? If they see him in person, he'll impress. Both, he and Cupit are special. I also agree that not enough kids un this area are recruited. Central VA teams have proven that we can not only compete but beat the NoVa and tidewater teams. But, those areas are still recruited way more. I get that it's higher populated, but there are a lot of great players in this area!

I agree, Kendrick's power 5 offers will come. Does he have any camps lined up? If they see him in person, he'll impress. Both, he and Cupit are special. I also agree that not enough kids un this area are recruited. Central VA teams have proven that we can not only compete but beat the NoVa and tidewater teams. But, those areas are still recruited way more. I get that it's higher populated, but there are a lot of great players in this area!
I heard Kendrick has been invited to camp at South Carolina, UAB, Temple, UVa, Toledo, Wake and Army to name a few. Not sure which ones he’s planning to attend.

Reactions: rainman17
Let's keep our eye on the ball guys. Nothing but good things when these kids get scholarship opportunities. I love to see the opportunities these guys receive. Good luck to Cupit and Kendrick this year and on their future plans. (Maybe just don't have your best games against Salem if you meet in the playoffs. )

The power of sports are amazing and often times the rewards go unnoticed. People notice when a kid gets a scholarship opportunity, but how many notice a kid who graduated high school because he had to get the grades to be eligible. How many of you notice when a kid goes to a d3 school because he wanted to continue playing. Not to mention how many bad decisions were avoided because a kid was working his tail off in the weight room and was too tired to make bad decisions. I focus on football because it effects such a large percentage of the male population nearly 20 percent. When people talk about football ending in high school, I don’t think they consider these things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT