ADVERTISEMENT

JF Head Coach

Lovelace at WF should be approached. He won’t take it though. He knows better. Too many headaches. I hear parents at JF, the agents, are difficult to deal with. May stear many coaches away. Lots of issues dealing with race at JF currently goin down.
Yes I also heard that as well. Parents can make it difficult

Lovelace at WF should be approached. He won’t take it though. He knows better. Too many headaches. I hear parents at JF, the agents, are difficult to deal with. May stear many coaches away. Lots of issues dealing with race at JF currently goin down.

Just saw that post on Facebook. Not a good look.

Parents control a lot over there, as money talks and the “boosters” (cavalier club) or whatever the name maybe now walks around with a big stick. The AD is compliant as he’s been around for years (former soccer coach) he knows the name of the game there. It’s attractive because you get a lot of perks so to say look at Christmas deal. JF was a rival for Lovelace as he is a brookville Bee alum, but he’s invested in building the neWFleming.

The race fiasco at forest is abhorrent, you just can’t walk around doing that in 2019, I don’t care how you feel what you’re parents think what a baffoon could think or whomever, it’s just not what we as Americans stand for. It’s 2019 not 1775, 1886, or 1965.

Race issues?! What’s the deal, saw Halifax County had a race issue this week. I swear there are more racial issues now than when I was in high school in the early 2000s.

Jf is a good job and they have deep pockets. But it’s late in the game so they may look in house when it is all said and done. However, I have no sources at jf. Bet they will reach out to the usual suspects and throw the check book at them. I would personally look for some young guy doing good things. Torrence, Smith, Bradley, Woody will probably all be checked for interest. I hope school systems are paying attention if you have a good head coach you should be working to make him happy. A good football program positively impacts about 100 male students directly and can make a tremendous amount of difference in the school. Not to mention how it can galvanize the whole community.

JF has a bunch of solid candidates in house, no one with the success of Christmas, Torrence, Smith, Bradley, or Woody, but head coaching experience.

Landis - JF and Glass
Trent - Glass
Martin - Glass and Appomattox (asst principal I think, don't know if that would be allowed by school)

JF alum on staff, Grove would be probably be a great hire, but has other interests in off-season. Would he want the Head coach time commitment?

Same with Doug Jones. Works outside the school. Northside's Coach Fisher has made it work recently.

Others with JF ties:

Long, long shot- Hampton U Defensive coordinator Ryan Anderson went to JF. Does JF have deep enough pockets to get a D1 coordinator?

Appomattox D coach went to JF.

Alta Vista assistant wnet to JF, was former O coordinator for Don Rice at JF.

Race issues?! What’s the deal, saw Halifax County had a race issue this week. I swear there are more racial issues now than when I was in high school in the early 2000s.
I hate talking "race issues" but I will say this. No matter what laws are passed, or who's in the White House, etc....., there will ALWAYS be a certain amount of "race issues". There's a saying....you can't fix stupid. We have tons of laws against robbery, murder, etc... and those things still happen everyday. Anything to do with race is amplified. Considering the amount of people that live in this country, and the vast array of different races, I don't think it's too bad. It's never going to be perfect. There's no excuse for any of it, but there will always be a small percentage of people that are racist.

Jf is a good job and they have deep pockets. But it’s late in the game so they may look in house when it is all said and done. However, I have no sources at jf. Bet they will reach out to the usual suspects and throw the check book at them. I would personally look for some young guy doing good things. Torrence, Smith, Bradley, Woody will probably all be checked for interest. I hope school systems are paying attention if you have a good head coach you should be working to make him happy. A good football program positively impacts about 100 male students directly and can make a tremendous amount of difference in the school. Not to mention how it can galvanize the whole community.

What would make you think JF has "deep pockets"?

What would make you think JF has "deep pockets"?
That is the talk. The got the field turf but never expanded their stadium like they said. The county can't provide money just for JF because of other other schools. I think they are referring to the parents who try to control everything

That is the talk. The got the field turf but never expanded their stadium like they said. The county can't provide money just for JF because of other other schools. I think they are referring to the parents who try to control everything

Every single improvement made to the stadium, Turf, field house and weight room was through private donations. (driven by Coach Christmas) Bedford County pays nothing. Parents, even those with "deep pockets" control nothing. The HC makes all the decisions.

Reactions: rainman17
JF has a bunch of solid candidates in house, no one with the success of Christmas, Torrence, Smith, Bradley, or Woody, but head coaching experience.

Landis - JF and Glass
Trent - Glass
Martin - Glass and Appomattox (asst principal I think, don't know if that would be allowed by school)

JF alum on staff, Grove would be probably be a great hire, but has other interests in off-season. Would he want the Head coach time commitment?

Same with Doug Jones. Works outside the school. Northside's Coach Fisher has made it work recently.

Others with JF ties:

Long, long shot- Hampton U Defensive coordinator Ryan Anderson went to JF. Does JF have deep enough pockets to get a D1 coordinator?

Ryan is Safeties Coach at Elon now.

Reactions: MrSir#5

Landis - JF and Glass
Trent - Glass

Others with JF ties:

I think these are good candidates for this job and there are plenty more that may even be in the running. This is a great program to step into. I predict they get someone with previous head coaching experience IMHO.

I hate talking "race issues" but I will say this. No matter what laws are passed, or who's in the White House, etc....., there will ALWAYS be a certain amount of "race issues". There's a saying....you can't fix stupid. We have tons of laws against robbery, murder, etc... and those things still happen everyday. Anything to do with race is amplified. Considering the amount of people that live in this country, and the vast array of different races, I don't think it's too bad. It's never going to be perfect. There's no excuse for any of it, but there will always be a small percentage of people that are racist.
You don't think its too bad..Don't know about that

You don't think its too bad..Don't know about that
Depending on which slanted news programs you listen to, it's either awful or it doesn't exist. Like most things it's somewhere in between. Again....300+ million people of all different flavors, it's never going to be perfect.

What does their AD do? Do they have an AD?

The JF AD's were extremely helpful with all of these projects but they have a very limited budget. Also, when I said the HC makes all the decisions I was referring to the decisions of the Football program. The AD is responsible for all sports.

If one school in Bedford county gets something done they all get the same treatment under the fiscal policies. It may move slower for some of the Bedford county schools but they get equal projects. Therefore the JF AD couldn’t get the turf funds by the county but private donations to the football program and booster club can amazingly get things done without the board. I think they get a final approval but if they don’t pay they don’t oblige.

Reactions: wikki
Doug Smith is the Cavalier Club's first choice. They have met with him a couple of times. He hasn't decided if he is going to apply.

Doug Smith is the Cavalier Club's first choice. They have met with him a couple of times. He hasn't decided if he is going to apply.
The cavalier club makes that decision? Interesting

I think Appomattox has the gates of the town locked, so Doug Smith can't go anywhere. I get the feeling that he is happy where he is. What he has accomplished on and off the field with the kids and the community is amazing. PO1!

Doug Smith has done amazing things in the Appomattox community through the football program. JF getting Doug Smith would be great for that community, but I don't thing he'll leave Appo. Does he live in Bedford county?

Reactions: VolNation85
Doug Smith has done amazing things in the Appomattox community through the football program. JF getting Doug Smith would be great for that community, but I don't thing he'll leave Appo. Does he live in Bedford county?
He does live in Bedford County. But that wouldn’t be enough to draw him from Appomattox. Coach Smith has never been about “the next big thing.” He is all about the right fit for he and his family.

Reactions: lyhsports
Hope they move quickly, because it is getting late in the game. A coach needs to be in place by the time spring dead period ends or they are going to fall behind. I talked to a gentleman in the loop and he said the goal was to have someone by the March school board meeting.

Doug Smith informed the Cavalier Club that he will not be applying for the job.Their next choice is Jake Grove. Would be a great choice but really doubt he would want to deal with all the headaches that go go along with the job.

Doug Smith informed the Cavalier Club that he will not be applying for the job.Their next choice is Jake Grove. Would be a great choice but really doubt he would want to deal with all the headaches that go go along with the job.
He will probably get it

I personally think Doug Jones would be a good fit. I know a lot of the players already like/respect him. Should be interesting.

I will say it again, I doubt jf gets a big name hc. Probably should go after a young guy. Doubt jake takes it because it’s a lot of headache and he doesn’t need the money.
You could be right. I hate to say this but the talk is the parents try to control everything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT