ADVERTISEMENT

JF Head Coach

You could be right. I hate to say this but the talk is the parents try to control everything
If that’s true then it should be Jones. A lot of parents petitioned the administration to name Jones the next HC.

You mean like when the Amherst parents cried and they fired the coach?
That guy was an idiot and abusive and had issues previously at another school. Should have never been hired to begin with

That guy was an idiot and abusive
The fans from JF are the ones telling me that about the fans and I know some of those parents. All schools have parents that get out of hand. But they get involved too much and try to run the program themselves

The fans from JF are the ones telling me that about the fans and I know some of those parents. All schools have parents that get out of hand. But they get involved too much and try to run the program themselves

The parents may think they run the program but all decisions are from the HC.

Nothing has been posted about this job since Valentine’s Day....no new news?

Yes but like they say money talks an theres alot of it in forest. So I could see admin leaning on coaches about there decision.
Lots of money but they wanted to hold onto it. Some just wanted to meddle

Interviews this week, no one with HC experience has applied.
Not really surprised actually. With all the controversy surrounding the reports of racism I don't think any current respectable, established HC wants to deal with that if he doesn't have to.

Reactions: one man
Not really surprised actually. With all the controversy surrounding the reports of racism I don't think any current respectable, established HC wants to deal with that if he doesn't have to.
At this point in time, they just need to promote within or they will be in the same boat like Amherst last year

Reactions: VolNation85
Just a stupid, ignorant comment.
LOL says the man that offers no feedback as to why that's "just a stupid, ignorant comment." Please enlighten us "stupid, ignorant" folk as to which part is "stupid, ignorant", the respectable HC part or the reports of racism? @wikki feel free to chime in as well since you agree with @jbci04.

LOL says the man that offers no feedback as to why that's "just a stupid, ignorant comment." Please enlighten us "stupid, ignorant" folk as to which part is "stupid, ignorant", the respectable HC part or the reports of racism? @wikki feel free to chime in as well since you agree with @jbci04.

Small, isolated incident with outrage caused by 1 individual with a history of causing similar issues. There is no issue.

The only thing stopping JF from attracting a HC is Bedford County is not going to pay any real amount of money to hire a coach unless they teach as well.

Christmas left a great environment for the right HC to take over. The best HS weight room in VA, a great locker room and refurbished field house and a new turf field. (all donated).

(Forgot to mention the great team of coaches and a talented group of returning players)

Just a stupid, ignorant comment.
Yo
Small, isolated incident with outrage caused by 1 individual with a history of causing similar issues. There is no issue.

The only thing stopping JF from attracting a HC is Bedford County is not going to pay any real amount of money to hire a coach unless they teach as well.

Christmas left a great environment for the right HC to take over. The best HS weight room in VA, a great locker room and refurbished field house and a new turf field. (all donated).

(Forgot to mention the great team of coaches and a talented group of returning players)
i don’t know if any school is going to pay much for a coach that is not teaching.

Something isn’t right when a team that normally wins 7 games a season can’t attract a head coach with HC experience. The issues here are beyond football IMO. Coaches with knowledge of the forest sports and history in the greater Lynchburg area might want to be apart of the “mess”. Forest does have talent as you can tell the other sports teams compete at the top of the district/region/state (ex: baseball, swimming, soccer) but the money maker football program has only been relevant when Christmas is there. Something is odd but maybe they aren’t telling you everything.

@jbci04 I’m glad you think it was a “small, isolated incident.” Others seem to think otherwise. But that’s a topic for a whole other conversation. Whether the incident was small, large, isolated, or rampant, true or false, you cannot deny that it has brought negative attention to the school and it’s culture. Which supports my earlier statement that even “the small, isolated incident” might be a red flag for an HC that already has an established program.

Wouldn’t it be a red flag for you if you were a HC with an established program with a proven track record? I know it would be for me. Not because I would be worried about racist people but because that’s one more distraction from football that I would have to deal with.

Last edited:

As far as the racism issue is concerned...Where there is smoke there is a fire. It is a huge issue. And if the same situations happens twice, then shame on whomever for allowing a racist situation to continue.

Christmas is great pick up by Amherst, but enjoy meeting the demand. Although a great coach, He and his staff are not the best staff in the Seminole, but rumors of his occupational demands are appalling. Probably has made more money than every coach in the Seminole since his return.

Maybe he was actually asked to leave JF because the boosters were tired of meeting his monetary demands, amongst other underlying issues.

Also you have mighty big pants on too claim that JF has the best Weightroom/lockerroom in the state of VA. I know a lot who would beg to differ.

Reactions: Jags101 and OCBoy
As far as the racism issue is concerned...Where there is smoke there is a fire. It is a huge issue. And if the same situations happens twice, then shame on whomever for allowing a racist situation to continue.

Christmas is great pick up by Amherst, but enjoy meeting the demand. Although a great coach, He and his staff are not the best staff in the Seminole, but rumors of his occupational demands are appalling. Probably has made more money than every coach in the Seminole since his return.

Maybe he was actually asked to leave JF because the boosters were tired of meeting his monetary demands, amongst other underlying issues.

Also you have mighty big pants on too claim that JF has the best Weightroom/lockerroom in the state of VA. I know a lot who would beg to differ.

I can assure you that he wasn't asked to leave, as per conversations with two people in the administration. In fact, after he announced he was leaving there was a panic amongst parents and boosters alike asking what could be done to get him to stay. And as for his "occupational demands" I'm glad you called it what it is - rumors. Christmas was in the weight room all day. Did he want to scale back? Yes, and that is why he had plans to go half time this next year(which would obviously be accompanied by a pay decrease). As for your "other underlying issues", if you would care to be specific that'd be great, otherwise it's just more rumors and/or assumptions. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a JF or Christmas loyalist - I just love the seminole. But having family out in Forest I was able to get to know Christmas this time around and he's a class act- plain and simple. The facts are that the administration loved him, as did the players. Christmas left because he wanted to do a program rebuild with his two sons before he retired and Amherst provided that opportunity. That is the beginning, middle, and end of the story.

Reactions: WP02alum and jfcav1

I’ll ignore the first 3 paragraphs because they are absurd...

Would love to see other examples of a better weight room in any VA high school...

I’ll ignore the first 3 paragraphs because they are absurd...

Would love to see other examples of a better weight room in any VA high school...

What vol said earlier is right on time. You need a reality check. Nobody can fix your blinded, uppity views. They Remind me of white bread (meaning take it easy) America that plagues this country today. John handley has better weight room. So does liberty Bealeton. I prefer a small old rusty shed with no AC to lift in. Hard work, intensity, and togetherness is what matters. All that upscale Weightroom bull crap don’t matter. Y’all enjoy liftin in the AC. Folks are out working in a smarter way than JF and many other schools with less facilities.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight jf is one of the greatest jobs and their pay is in line with most hs programs except Amherst. But no coach applied because they were all busy. Christmas decided to leave because he wanted to rebuild another program because he likes a challenge and everybody loves him at jf and Amherst. Okay I got it.

What vol said earlier is right on time. You need a reality check. Nobody can fix your blinded, uppity views. They Remind me of white bread (meaning take it easy) America that plagues this country today. John handley has better weight room. So does liberty Bealeton. I prefer a small old rusty shed with no AC to lift in. Hard work, intensity, and togetherness is what matters. All that upscale bull weightroom bull crap don’t matter. Y’all enjoy liftin in the AC. Folks are out working in a smarter way JF and many others with less facility.

Uppity? What does that mean? You have no idea where I even live. (Hint: not in Forest)

Have you ever seen JF’s weight room?

Uppity? What does that mean? You have no idea where I even live. (Hint: not in Forest)

Have you ever seen JF’s weight room?

Yes the first renovated one and then the Christmas additions, very nice facility but to claim it’s the best and you haven’t been to NoVA or other ones outside of the central VA area is a far stretch.

The real question here is

Why is no coach with HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE wanting this job...

1. Racism/Discrimination/bigotry is/isn’t an issue at JF, the school dynamics suggest that there’s not much minority input nor consideration in terms of decision making, you don’t have to be a scientist to figure out how somebody may think there’s an issue with a country(confederate flags etc as the picture showed) vs country club spirit day during black history month. But again that may go over some heads.

2. Pay roll, the boosters will put money up but they not paying for Tom who lives in forest and is a realtor to come coach football on par with coach Christmas. The job will offer money, from teaching and coaching and if need be we know the boosters will and can assist.

3. Players - there’s talent there the well ain’t dry but will somebody develop the talent into a state champion contender

These issues create a situation like what is currently going on

Definition of uppity. : putting on or marked by airs of superiority : arrogant, presumptuous uppity technicians a small uppity country.

I’ve been in JFs weightroom several times, in John handleys and in Liberty Beaton’s, homie.

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
So let me get this straight jf is one of the greatest jobs and their pay is in line with most hs programs except Amherst. But no coach applied because they were all busy. Christmas decided to leave because he wanted to rebuild another program because he likes a challenge and everybody loves him at jf and Amherst. Okay I got it.

"Christmas decided to leave because he wanted to rebuild another program because he likes a challenge and everybody loves him at jf and Amherst."
I don't know if everyone loves him at Amherst but he was certainly loved at JF. And yes, he wanted one more big challenge before retiring. I'd say that is the primary reason why Christmas went to Amherst, but that is not to say that he was in love with what the Jefferson Forest Community is evolving into. I can tell you it is certainly not the community it was when Christmas was there the first time(used to be far more racially and economically diverse). I have family out there and I try not to publicly bash anyone or anything, but JF does seem to have some entitlement issues and many are quick to give their kids the easy way out when it comes to hard work, and I do know that that was getting pretty old for Christmas. Also, I'd have to agree with Renaissance Man that where there is a smoke there is fire - JF does have race issues that need to be aggressively addressed.

*as for why more coaches haven't applied, I do think that the word gets out that there are groups of parents that are extremely difficult to make happy. Christmas left JF in great shape but it is by no means the most desirable job in the state. Facility improvements have been made but the stadium is still tiny and the athletes will never be on par with programs like Glass or Heritage.

Definition of uppity. : putting on or marked by airs of superiority : arrogant, presumptuous uppity technicians a small uppity country.

I’ve been in JFs weightroom several times, in John handleys and in Liberty Beaton’s, homie.

Post pics of those weightrooms, would love to see them....

"Christmas decided to leave because he wanted to rebuild another program because he likes a challenge and everybody loves him at jf and Amherst."
I don't know if everyone loves him at Amherst but he was certainly loved at JF. And yes, he wanted one more big challenge before retiring. I'd say that is the primary reason why Christmas went to Amherst, but that is not to say that he was in love with what the Jefferson Forest Community is evolving into. I can tell you it is certainly not the community it was when Christmas was there the first time(used to be far more racially and economically diverse). I have family out there and I try not to publicly bash anyone or anything, but JF does seem to have some entitlement issues and many are quick to give their kids the easy way out when it comes to hard work, and I do know that that was getting pretty old for Christmas. Also, I'd have to agree with Renaissance Man that where there is a smoke there is fire - JF does have race issues that need to be aggressively addressed.

*as for why more coaches haven't applied, I do think that the word gets out that there are groups of parents that are extremely difficult to make happy. Christmas left JF in great shape but it is by no means the most desirable job in the state. Facility improvements have been made but the stadium is still tiny and the athletes will never be on par with programs like Glass or Heritage.

This guy knows what’s going on in forest. I’d listen to what he says. Forest has changed, the “old” forest was different, but the surburbs and society change with more construction of subdivisions and who can afford to be where...Follow the money. It’s a great school has some great people but the saying always says one rotten apple spoils the bunch.

Post pics of those weightrooms, would love to see them....

Quick google search:

Handley:
John-Handley-High-School-Weight-Room.png

JF:
DQicJL2XUAADN1H.jpg

Reactions: OCBoy
Is there more to the Handley weight room not shown?
Have you been to either Bealeton or handley and witnessed the wr in person? Again, Regardless of what It looks like, what type of work is gettin done? Weightroom looks don’t mean squat. What’s your production? Obviously not enough at JF even with the guru at the helm. I have seen all three weight rooms. Again you are the expert as uppity folk normally seem to think are. So I succumb oh wise one. Have you ever see the sun set while sittin atop the Himalayan mountains, nope but you can google a pic of it though. So your smart, keep playin the wise one. You’re a joke.

Have you been to either Bealeton or handley and witnessed the wr in person? Again, Regardless of what It looks like, what type of work is gettin done? Weightroom looks don’t mean squat. What’s your production? Obviously not enough at JF even with the guru at the helm. I have seen all three weight rooms. Again you are the expert as uppity folk normally seem to think are. So I succumb oh wise one. Have you ever see the sun set while sittin atop the Himalayan mountains, nope but you can google a pic of it though. So your smart, keep playin the wise one. You’re a joke.
Lol

The debate was about the facilities and thus the attractiveness for a new HC....

The positives for JF is that most of the heavy lifting is complete. The only thing left to do is the stadium stands renovation and that doesn't affect player development or success. JF fans are perfectly fine with their lawn chairs on the hill. They still and will continue to pack the stands every Friday night.

Reactions: jfcav1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT