ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall 98 Strasburg 27 Final

Epjr can talk on and on about dominating and how it’s fair but a few years Radford went 30-0 and didn’t do this to anyone. Sorry this isn’t basketball. If you’re proud of yourself next week at this time then those kids aren’t ready for next step.
Not ready for the next step? Y’all country boys go ahead and lick your wounds and take this ass whooping. Get together and boycott in front of VHSL. Y’all pure bred All American Cormany should keep his kids off the court next Saturday. Won’t get beat by 50 that way…

The fact that some of their players go to Richmond community,because their families don’t even live in the state,don’t bring us that enrollment garbage. The Puerto Rican kid that plays for them, is from New York, where his family currently lives, and he’s only there because he was in some kind of documentary,and was allowed to stay there,and play. he was found in the AAU circuit by this cowardly coach! Their stud freshman is from North Carolina. UVA has already offered him. If you’re going to allow players from Richmond community to play for this school, then you need to count the enrollment at Richmond community as well. We saw what happened last year when John Marshall played hayfield.
Sit this one out. Ali Jennings, Juice Wells, Shyre McIver,Juwan Dent, Isaiah Winstead, even Harmon was from Chamberlayne football program. The Springs gets guys just like JM with that “specialty school” garbage. Maybe not from other states but just the same.

Sarcastic about title game bc I’m sure a VCU guy does it. IMO he was entertaining for both games. His zings/sayings made me chuckle. No complaints here
I’ve heard it for years. I love the guys positivity for BOTH teams but I hear “two in two out, check that out” in my dreams smh.

The fact that some of their players go to Richmond community,because their families don’t even live in the state,don’t bring us that enrollment garbage. The Puerto Rican kid that plays for them, is from New York, where his family currently lives, and he’s only there because he was in some kind of documentary,and was allowed to stay there,and play. he was found in the AAU circuit by this cowardly coach! Their stud freshman is from North Carolina. UVA has already offered him. If you’re going to allow players from Richmond community to play for this school, then you need to count the enrollment at Richmond community as well. We saw what happened last year when John Marshall played hayfield.
That cowardly coach has been running food drives around thanksgiving for decades. Has a mid season tournament to give kids a spotlight with college coaches regularly in attendance. The proceeds go 100% to cancer research at VCU. A real coward huh, what does that make you?

John Marshall's last 5 is significantly better than any players Strasburg can put on the court. Unless they just stand there and hold the ball, this was destined to be the outcome. Probably didn't help that several Strasburg players said in the newspaper article that they thought they could hang with JM.
Have to let them play. This is what I expect from the top public school in the nation

Reactions: DJENKS2015
Comparing JM to any of the other schools in Class 2 is apples and oranges. Strasburg’s kids come from the small town of Strasburg and northern Shenandoah County. JM’s kids come from all over the country, literally.

And one small thing in Strasburg’s defense, I have absolutely no dog in the fight but in terms of the article, what would you except the kids to say? “Yeah we are gonna get our asses kicked but we’re excited?” I’m pretty confident no one in the program thought they actually had a chance. Showing loyalty and some confidence in your team is something every team should do, regardless of how impossible the task may be.

I say make JM play in Class 5 or 6. It’s a special enough situation. Having them play Class 2 benefits literally no one. Have nothing against JM or what they do, they recruit and cultivate some insane talent. Just have them pick on someone their own size, so to speak, in the playoffs.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
Sit this one out. Ali Jennings, Juice Wells, Shyre McIver,Juwan Dent, Isaiah Winstead, even Harmon was from Chamberlayne football program. The Springs gets guys just like JM with that “specialty school” garbage. Maybe not from other states but just the same.
It’s NOT the same! They are from Henrico county,NOT NEW YORK! It’s not even close to the same as recruiting thru AAU! their fans brag about now all over Facebook. They actually claim,since the PRIVATE SCHOOLS do it,they can too. 3 players whose PARENTS live in different states and THEY live in a “boarding house” and go to Richmond Community school. The HSHS kids were allowed to go to HSHS because their home school doesn’t offer the graduate program that HSHS provides. They aren’t from DIFFERENT STATES. The fact that their fans don’t care what anyone says,tells me everything I need to hear about that program. For the record….HSHS and Varina win with HENRICO COUNTY kids on the gridiron and the hardwood.

You just run your mouth and never know any of the facts. ANY child in Richmond can apply to Community or Open or Franklin Military and if accepted, RPS allows them to play for the school (Wythe, Huguenot, TJ, Armstrong, JM) in their zone. I hate misinformation and you’re the worlds worst for it.
Hey 🤡! THEIR FANS ARE BRAGGING ABOUT THEIR RECRUITING ALL OVER FACEBOOK! Living in a BOARDING HOUSE in the JM because your parents live in New York is the definition of recruiting,and their fans just say,”get over it,the private schools do this all the time”! Travis McKie lived in the TJ district,but went to RCS. Where do you think he played before going to WF?! The fact that these fans KNOW they’re doing it,don’t care who knows,just shows where you can stick your “misinformation”! There is actually nothing “illegal” about what they’re doing,but don’t try to blow smoke up our asses with this “legitimate public school BShyte!

Hey 🤡! THEIR FANS ARE BRAGGING ABOUT THEIR RECRUITING ALL OVER FACEBOOK! Living in a BOARDING HOUSE in the JM because your parents live in New York is the definition of recruiting,and their fans just say,”get over it,the private schools do this all the time”! Travis McKie lived in the TJ district,but went to RCS. Where do you think he played before going to WF?! The fact that these fans KNOW they’re doing it,don’t care who knows,just shows where you can stick your “misinformation”! There is actually nothing “illegal” about what they’re doing,but don’t try to blow smoke up our asses with this “legitimate public school BShyte!
Get some help.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
It’s NOT the same! They are from Henrico county,NOT NEW YORK! It’s not even close to the same as recruiting thru AAU! their fans brag about now all over Facebook. They actually claim,since the PRIVATE SCHOOLS do it,they can too. 3 players whose PARENTS live in different states and THEY live in a “boarding house” and go to Richmond Community school. The HSHS kids were allowed to go to HSHS because their home school doesn’t offer the graduate program that HSHS provides. They aren’t from DIFFERENT STATES. The fact that their fans don’t care what anyone says,tells me everything I need to hear about that program. For the record….HSHS and Varina win with HENRICO COUNTY kids on the gridiron and the hardwood.
You keep hitting the nail on the head. The whole state agrees with you.

JM will pound Radford (or Floyd because they might get there). But you can’t expect Radford to keep it close when their best player Landen Clark isn’t even playing this year. School like Radford can’t overcome that.

Not ready for the next step? Y’all country boys go ahead and lick your wounds and take this ass whooping. Get together and boycott in front of VHSL. Y’all pure bred All American Cormany should keep his kids off the court next Saturday. Won’t get beat by 50 that way…
It’s called class son. You wouldn’t know if it smack in your a$$ but one day it will. I remember Radford was ahead of Giles by probably 30 in Giles during the 30-0 season. Cormany (being a REAL coach) done shuffled his players multiple times pulled all the starters with 5 minutes left but Giles Coach decided to be a non sportsman and keep his starters in. Giles cut the lead to 20. Cormany called a running timeout and put his starters back out. Through a silent gym Rick tells the other coach we could have beaten you by 50 today. Just because you can beat someone bad doesn’t mean you do it.

Hokie57, you're a little freakin racist aren't ya? What year did you join the Black Panthers and start hating on white so called "Devils."

Hokie57, you're a little freakin racist aren't ya? What year did you join the Black Panthers and start hating on white so called "Devils."
Don’t pay any attention to this poster… I am reasonably sure he has multiple accounts and starts arguments, sometimes with his other identities, just to sit back and see what happens.

Showing sportsmanship and restraint can be powerful. Knowing when to cut the head off of a poisonous snake and releasing the rat snake back into the woods, shows power. That made sense in my head, hope to y’all too😂

Don’t pay any attention to this poster… I am reasonably sure he has multiple accounts and starts arguments, sometimes with his other identities, just to sit back and see what happens.
I assume the racist comment was a joke here or did that all go over your head? lol. If you cannot get the sarcasm to another weird post, then I do not have anything for ya. I rarely comment on anything. Yes, JM is annoying and those who support that structure. I’m sure it happens all over the country including Virginia in other sports. JM is inflated. Just be honest about it. For those who disagree on here please don’t post anything. It seems we should all have one opinion on sports and how it’s played/ran.

I know this is basketball season but in football John Marshall gets crushed and I mean ice crushed in class 2. so no one talks about moving them down to class 1 because they can't compete in football, so don't complain about basketball regardless of the talent they have. Enrollment at the school is for class 2 not 5,6 or any other that's what vhsl has set it up for. And like I said if there aren't any rules, policies and violations being broken let it be.

I know this is basketball season but in football John Marshall gets crushed and I mean ice crushed in class 2. so no one talks about moving them down to class 1 because they can't compete in football, so don't complain about basketball regardless of the talent they have. Enrollment at the school is for class 2 not 5,6 or any other that's what vhsl has set it up for. And like I said if there aren't any rules, policies and violations being broken let it be.
Let’s see how good this team is next year when the documentary is over and those kids are not being paid to live here anymore by the production company.

Let’s see how good this team is next year when the documentary is over and those kids are not being paid to live here anymore by the production company.
I’m going to take one right out of your playbook.
The kid filming the movie is a senior. The PG, SG are juniors with several D1 offers(you love those), the center is a Freshman that was invited to US National team camp at the NCAA final four(with multiple P5 offers, your favorite!). They have a significant contributor out for the season with an injury who is a 6’2 combo guard. #21 is a sophomore forward who carries the second unit. Young, talented and motivated. Sounds a lot like your Springers.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
So you admit there is a loophole for kids to come to Richmond and choose whatever school they want to play for? High ranking projected freshman from wherever can come to Community and say… mmm I’ll just play for JM. “Never heard of them”, but they seem good.
In theory, they are supposed to only be able to participate in sports at the school where they have a physical address. I will say this, it is not uncommon for families to falsify documents to participate in sports at certain schools. Right or wrong, It happens in every corner of Virginia and it probably wont change anytime soon.

I would be interested in honest thoughts on if homeschoolers should be able to play public school sports in the town that they live in? Some arguments against are that 1) Academic standards and attendance would be difficult to enforce and 2) By homeschooling, families give up that privilege. Some arguments against those positions would be 1) School districts could fairly easily require semester or bi-semester assessments and reports from parents. The standards have gone way down in the classroom, so maybe the academic standards argument doesn’t hold so much weight? 2) Families pay local taxes that support public schools. Even though their children may not attend, their tax contributions should net the benefit of extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs and organizations.

Please don’t malign me; just adding to the conversation from a different angle and seeking reasonable opinions on either side. Thanks :)

I would be interested in honest thoughts on if homeschoolers should be able to play public school sports in the town that they live in? Some arguments against are that 1) Academic standards and attendance would be difficult to enforce and 2) By homeschooling, families give up that privilege. Some arguments against those positions would be 1) School districts could fairly easily require semester or bi-semester assessments and reports from parents. The standards have gone way down in the classroom, so maybe the academic standards argument doesn’t hold so much weight? 2) Families pay local taxes that support public schools. Even though their children may not attend, their tax contributions should net the benefit of extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs and organizations.

Please don’t malign me; just adding to the conversation from a different angle and seeking reasonable opinions on either side. Thanks :)
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, if my kids are not good enough for your kids to go to school with then I don’t want them on the same team with my kids

In theory, they are supposed to only be able to participate in sports at the school where they have a physical address. I will say this, it is not uncommon for families to falsify documents to participate in sports at certain schools. Right or wrong, It happens in every corner of Virginia and it probably wont change anytime soon.
I've seen parents sign guardianship of their child over to a family member or someone else who lives in said school district, while the actual parents still live where they have always lived.

I've seen parents sign guardianship of their child over to a family member or someone else who lives in said school district, while the actual parents still live where they have always lived.
I've seen kids literally living in other people's basements with a tiny PO box down there so they can legally play for that school. Honestly, gotta respect the hustle. Some state champion teams were made this way, teams create all-county or all-city teams by all going to the same school.

I've seen kids literally living in other people's basements with a tiny PO box down there so they can legally play for that school. Honestly, gotta respect the hustle. Some state champion teams were made this way, teams create all-county or all-city teams by all going to the same school.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the good old days of actually winning with hometown kids. Kids who grew up together and played together their whole lives. To me that means more than trying to form super teams with kids from all over

This way of thinking Riverheads should have moved up yrs ago

I've seen it too and that's perfectly legal. Whether we agree with it or not, it's legal because the legal guardians reside in said school district.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT