ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall 98 Strasburg 27 Final

50-18 at halftime and 88-18 after three according to the Strasburg twitter. 38-0 quarter for real?

Epjr can talk on and on about dominating and how it’s fair but a few years Radford went 30-0 and didn’t do this to anyone. Sorry this isn’t basketball. If your proud of yourself next week at this time then those kids aren’t ready for next step.

Reactions: falcettik
We’ve been told there have been zero efforts put forth to draw talent to JM. You have to believe everything you hear…..

Also, if JM pressed the whole game, shame. I know the saying, “if you can’t stop them” and all that, but come on. It’s an effort to embarrass whoever they play.

John Marshall's last 5 is significantly better than any players Strasburg can put on the court. Unless they just stand there and hold the ball, this was destined to be the outcome. Probably didn't help that several Strasburg players said in the newspaper article that they thought they could hang with JM.

Reactions: Hokies57
After further review, I retract everything I just said. John Marshall has 16 names on their roster, and only 8 of them scored. So looks like they didn't go deep bench at all.
Radford used a JV call up last night multiple times during the game last night instead of running it up on Graham just for a last night example.

Epjr can talk on and on about dominating and how it’s fair but a few years Radford went 30-0 and didn’t do this to anyone. Sorry this isn’t basketball. If you’re proud of yourself next week at this time then those kids aren’t ready for next step.
You really think JM’s kids want to play those teams they have to play? Strasburg isn’t a state semi’s team in MD, NC or TN and that’s just a hard reality. Basketball and football is watered down with 6 champs in VA. Most of the teams who were left were only there because of weak regions.

You really think JM’s kids want to play those teams they have to play? Strasburg isn’t a state team in MD, NC or TN and that’s just a hard reality. Basketball and football is watered down with 6 champs in VA.
They are clearly running up the score. I understand you play the schedule. At Richmond they will a sportsmanship statement, that will be nothing but a lie.

JM take they lumps in all the other sports, it just happens in basketball they the ones giving the lumps. And yes it is fair because of they enrollment size it’s not like they asked to be in the division. Not to mention if you beating top teams in the nation what you expect for them to do against lower level teams?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
JM take they lumps in all the other sports, it just happens in basketball they the ones giving the lumps. And yes it is fair because of they enrollment size it’s not like they asked to be in the division. Not to mention if you beating top teams in the nation what you expect for them to do against lower level teams?
The fact that some of their players go to Richmond community,because their families don’t even live in the state,don’t bring us that enrollment garbage. The Puerto Rican kid that plays for them, is from New York, where his family currently lives, and he’s only there because he was in some kind of documentary,and was allowed to stay there,and play. he was found in the AAU circuit by this cowardly coach! Their stud freshman is from North Carolina. UVA has already offered him. If you’re going to allow players from Richmond community to play for this school, then you need to count the enrollment at Richmond community as well. We saw what happened last year when John Marshall played hayfield.

We’ve been told there have been zero efforts put forth to draw talent to JM. You have to believe everything you hear…..

Also, if JM pressed the whole game, shame. I know the saying, “if you can’t stop them” and all that, but come on. It’s an effort to embarrass whoever they play.
You’ve been told a lie! John Marshall currently has multiple kids that go to Richmond community school that are being allowed to play at John Marshall. Multiple kids that attend that school aren’t even from Virginia. Their families do not live here! They play in the AAU circuit with John Marshall’s head coach though. How convenient! The problem is,their fans know what’s going on, and they don’t care! They tell people to get over it, or recruit themselves.

None of your points make sense. All other programs at JM are not a national ranked AAU squads. They are like how christiansburg wrestling is or at least used to be. They are not as dominate as they used to be, but recruited the crap out of young kids to come through their program. Also, good for the players for not wanting to play 2a teams. Go play a national tournament instead. You recruit to play national ranked teams, then play those games. Act how you want to be. Stop pretending to be a public 2a ran basketball squad. It’s ran as private catholic school who wants the glam of being on espn and name in national rankings.

You’ve been told a lie! John Marshall currently has multiple kids that go to Richmond community school that are being allowed to play at John Marshall. Multiple kids that attend that school aren’t even from Virginia. Their families do not live here! They play in the AAU circuit with John Marshall’s head coach though. How convenient! The problem is,their fans know what’s going on, and they don’t care! They tell people to get over it, or recruit themselves.
You just run your mouth and never know any of the facts. ANY child in Richmond can apply to Community or Open or Franklin Military and if accepted, RPS allows them to play for the school (Wythe, Huguenot, TJ, Armstrong, JM) in their zone. I hate misinformation and you’re the worlds worst for it.

None of your points make sense. All other programs at JM are not a national ranked AAU squads. They are like how christiansburg wrestling is or at least used to be. They are not as dominate as they used to be, but recruited the crap out of young kids to come through their program. Also, good for the players for not wanting to play 2a teams. Go play a national tournament instead. You recruit to play national ranked teams, then play those games. Act how you want to be. Stop pretending to be a public 2a ran basketball squad. It’s ran as private catholic school who wants the glam of being on espn and name in national rankings.
Also, a 70 point lump is just a part of it? Lol. Hey kids, get ready to be waxed by 70 in the state quarters.

You just run your mouth and never know any of the facts. ANY child in Richmond can apply to Community or Open or Franklin Military and if accepted, RPS allows them to play for the school (Wythe, Huguenot, TJ, Armstrong, JM) in their zone. I hate misinformation and you’re the worlds worst for it.
So you admit there is a loophole for kids to come to Richmond and choose whatever school they want to play for? High ranking projected freshman from wherever can come to Community and say… mmm I’ll just play for JM. “Never heard of them”, but they seem good.

Reactions: falcettik
So you admit there is a loophole for kids to come to Richmond and choose whatever school they want to play for? High ranking projected freshman from wherever can come to Community and say… mmm I’ll just play for JM. “Never heard of them”, but they seem good.
There’s no loophole. You either live in JM’s zone and go to JM or you live in JM’s zone and go to the specialty school. Nothing different from your child going to the city/county vocational school.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
There’s no loophole. You either live in JM’s zone and go to JM or you live in JM’s zone and go to the specialty school. Nothing different from your child going to the city/county vocational school.
Okay… but they still recruit. If you say they don’t, you probably thought Murdaugh was not guilty. Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict. 4 years from now when the closest state tournament win is 43 points, we should just shut up and take the “lumps”.

The fact that some of their players go to Richmond community,because their families don’t even live in the state,don’t bring us that enrollment garbage. The Puerto Rican kid that plays for them, is from New York, where his family currently lives, and he’s only there because he was in some kind of documentary,and was allowed to stay there,and play. he was found in the AAU circuit by this cowardly coach! Their stud freshman is from North Carolina. UVA has already offered him. If you’re going to allow players from Richmond community to play for this school, then you need to count the enrollment at Richmond community as well. We saw what happened last year when John Marshall played hayfield.
JM been doing the same thing for years. Now that they top to bottom better than everyone else yall mad

Okay… but they still recruit. If you say they don’t, you probably thought Murdaugh was not guilty. Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict. 4 years from now when the closest state tournament win is 43 points, we should just shut up and take the “lumps”.
I’m not going back and forth with someone who’s making a conjectural and emotional assumption/statement. JM has 460 students in their school. So we’re just going to just not allow them to play because they’re better than everyone? Gotcha…

None of this was a problem when they had Isaiah Todd but now that they are better which I believe is the goal for ANY program y’all act like the world ending. They beat my team by 19 this year all I tell them is “GET BETTER”. They been playing hard schedules it’s just they got better.

I’m not going back and forth with someone who’s making a conjectural and emotional assumption/statement. JM has 460 students in their school. So we’re just going to just not allow them to play because they’re better than everyone? Gotcha…
Every class 2 team heck EVERY team in Va should use it as motivation to get better that’s all to it. Accept the challenge!

Emotional? Facts are emotional? Sign off. You do not know sports, Bo.

460 students in a public school produces a top team in the country….

Every class 2 team heck EVERY team in Va should use it as motivation to get better that’s all to it. Accept the challenge!
Motivation to cheat? Sure. I mean college athletics force teams to cut corners. Why not do what it takes to win, right?

If there no rules or policies being broken and vhsl doesn't have a problem with it then so be it. If teams were beating Jm by 40 or 50 there wouldn't be a conversation about them.
I’m sure there are rules being stretched. Can’t wait for the 30/30 in 15 years.

Awfully conceded to assume another super team, put together by an AAU squad to compete nationally, wouldn’t get the same treatment.

Motivation to cheat? Sure. I mean college athletics force teams to cut corners. Why not do what it takes to win, right?
They do do what it takes to win. Them boys ball all year around and I won’t take it away from them. JM has always been a winning program when they was in AAA and now in Class 2

They do do what it takes to win. Them boys ball all year around and I won’t take it away from them. JM has always been a winning program when they was in AAA and now in Class 2
Welcome to basketball. Most players ball year round. AAU exists outside of Richmond. Not all players are created equal. Heck of a team they’ve assembled. Props there. Most know they’ve been successfully for a while, but they have taken it up a notch or 3. National recognition now. Train is on the tracks and going downhill without an end in sight. Success on that level attracts more talent. And yes, that implies a somehow in the rules recruiting.

This is true they've always had a great program, I played in the late 70s and early 80s it was Marshall-walker we played against them hopewell and mw won 3or4 championship then we had no aau back then.

In a sane world JM boys basketball would be playing up in Classes 4-6, with a showcase championship game against Hayfield or Varina or someone in front of a sellout crowd on Saturday night at VCU, while the rest of their programs stay in class 2 wherre they belong. But the VHSL just isn't built for that.

Even better would be if we could have Class AAA basketball with all comers like it used to be.

Emotional? Facts are emotional? Sign off. You do not know sports, Bo.

460 students in a public school produces a top team in the country….
I haven’t said anything sports related? I worked for RPS and I’m educating you and others who don’t know. It’s much easier to lessen the hurt of your feelings and say that I don’t know sports than to take the L that you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re one of many in this screwed society.

I don’t care where they get their players or who they schedule, but not getting your 9-16th best players in the game that is waaaaay out of hand is cowardly.

Hollow victory but I hope the coaches are proud of themselves for it.

I haven’t said anything sports related? I worked for RPS and I’m educating you and others who don’t know. It’s much easier to lessen the hurt of your feelings and say that I don’t know sports than to take the L that you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re one of many in this screwed society.
One of many in this screwed society? Wow, my man. You don’t know me. I’m sure you’re a fine person. I don’t think you’ve educated anyone in anything unfortunately. I’m not emotional. Having a nice day actually. No L will be taken. Anything else? Or do you still not want to respond to the back and forth but has to come back and respond. Have a good day.

What about JMs PA announcer? Dude had me in tears 😂😂😂

Know it won’t happen, but VCU/VHSL ought to hire him next Saturday for their scrimmage…I mean title game.

What about JMs PA announcer? Dude had me in tears 😂😂😂

Know it won’t happen, but VCU/VHSL ought to hire him next Saturday for their scrimmage…I mean title game.
Energetic? Or are you being sarcastic? For some reason I got a globe trotter PA announcer vibe from this message.

The VHSL gave me 30-something sponsor and PSAs to read last night. So I am sure I was even more boring than usual. Props to the JM guy if he made those sound interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT