ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall @ Brunswick has been cancelled

I don’t see a score for Charles City and Northumberland. Do we know if they played?

I viewed John Marshall's roster on rschool and 24 players were listed
No offense to JM, but if I were on their schedule, I would start looking for an opponent to replace them and if found, I would cancel JM before they canceled on my team. When teams have tiny rosters, they will have injuries take hold and they are bound to cancel. It's unfair to the rest of JMs opponents.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
JM needs to consolidate their football program with Wythe’s. Both programs have small numbers and struggle to compete. Both have talent, just low resources and numbers.

They need to get in a district that has the same enrollment numbers instead of playing up and getting destroyed. Do not worry about the money just got fair competition.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Geographically would make more sense to merge Armstrong and John Marshall
You’re exactly right. I was told that a new high school in the city would merge both in the next 5-7 years. It’s a shame cause the city can’t even fix the Wythe situation. I get that all 5 high schools carry a lot of history but it’s past time to build 2 new facilities and combine some schools.

All things considered, I think keeping smaller sized(BUT PLEASE BUILD NEW BUILDINGS) schools would best for the city. C2 and C3 seems to be a perfect fit for athletics. I get the numbers situation, but I'm under the impression you just have to get the right people in the building. Before Coach Sims left John Marshall a couple of years ago they were trending in a great direction with growing numbers. Armstrong numbers are up with a stable staff and TeeJay has been able move into the consistency phase of their program. Wythe and Huguenot has some work to but we know Huguenot can have success based off the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT