ADVERTISEMENT

JR over Radford 69-34

Worst home loss this century for the Bobcats. Congratulations to JR. You guys whipped us up tonight.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
Looks like JR is the team to beat in Region C

I think JR is the team to beat. Our best this year at Radford is not as good as James River's best. But, we can beat JR on a given night. If JR brings its C- game and we bring our A+ game like the first time we played, we can beat them. If JR brings their A game, it won't matter how we play, they will beat us in the playoff.

That is why you play the game. Lot of basketball left to be played
Can JR compete or Beat John Marshall? Thumping Radford like they did last night says they are very good but all the talk about JM is that nobody in 2A can beat them.

I really think John Marshall will be too tough for anyone in Class 2A. jmo
The games are played for a reason though..

I think JR is the team to beat. Our best this year at Radford is not as good as James River's best. But, we can beat JR on a given night. If JR brings its C- game and we bring our A+ game like the first time we played, we can beat them. If JR brings their A game, it won't matter how we play, they will beat us in the playoff.
This is the perfect way to say it. Radford has lots of work to do to get better. They also have been severely limited with practice with covid/snow/administration which has hurt the team. LOTS of talent and it is almost all coming back for the next two years.

I really think John Marshall will be too tough for anyone in Class 2A. jmo
The games are played for a reason though..
AntGZee, that statement could probably apply to all teams in the state, including Class 6. They led Landstown down at Landstown with a minute left. John Marshall would have a good shot at the Class 6 state title.

James Rivers schedule hasn’t been a cakewalk, victories include 2x over GWHS, William Fleming by 25, East Rock, both LB and Radford by dbl figures after losing to both, only other loss to Northside at NS which they probably should/could have won. Preseason scrimmage over PH of Roanoke was pretty impressive too. Whether they can hang w JM remains to be seen, and may never happen with teams from the west they have to go thru but should be fun to watch for next few weeks. Sat game w PM and their 6’10” center should be interesting as well.

Reactions: AntGZee
James Rivers schedule hasn’t been a cakewalk, victories include 2x over GWHS, William Fleming by 25, East Rock, both LB and Radford by dbl figures after losing to both, only other loss to Northside at NS which they probably should/could have won. Preseason scrimmage over PH of Roanoke was pretty impressive too. Whether they can hang w JM remains to be seen, and may never happen with teams from the west they have to go thru but should be fun to watch for next few weeks. Sat game w PM and their 6’10” center should be interesting as well.
Very tough schedule for JR. Still has to play Parry McCluer twice, the number one ranked Class 1 team in the state. Parry McCluer's 6'10 center is tough, but they are much more than just their 6'10 center. They have got 5 guys that can flat out play. James River will be ready and tested come playoff time. Hopefully, the Bobcats will be as well.

Very tough schedule for JR. Still has to play Parry McCluer twice, the number one ranked Class 1 team in the state. Parry McCluer's 6'10 center is tough, but they are much more than just their 6'10 center. They have got 5 guys that can flat out play. James River will be ready and tested come playoff time. Hopefully, the Bobcats will be as well.
I look for JR to put a beat down on PM. PM is very good and with a 6'10" player, should compete with everyone in 1A. 2A is different though. We will see how PM does vs JR on Saturday but I feel that JR, JM, ER and Radford would all be a very tough challenge for PM.

I look for JR to put a beat down on PM. PM is very good and with a 6'10" player, should compete with everyone in 1A. 2A is different though. We will see how PM does vs JR on Saturday but I feel that JR, JM, ER and Radford would all be a very tough challenge for PM.

If JR can play like they did against us at Radford, they are going to be tough to beat for anyone, and might be in the ballpark, at least respectable against a team ike John Marshall if they can continue to play like they did. That performance by JR was a championship level performance. Those boys just came in to our gym and took us apart. PM is more than the center though. 3 great shooters and guards that are very fast and quick and they defend the ball in half court sets very well. Also, that's a district rivalry game. i expect JR to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if McCluer was right in it.

If JR can play like they did against us at Radford, they are going to be tough to beat for anyone, and might be in the ballpark, at least respectable against a team ike John Marshall if they can continue to play like they did. That performance by JR was a championship level performance. Those boys just came in to our gym and took us apart. PM is more than the center though. 3 great shooters and guards that are very fast and quick and they defend the ball in half court sets very well. Also, that's a district rivalry game. i expect JR to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if McCluer was right in it.
PM surprised me. They played very well against JR. I only saw part of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th but PM was ahead when I started watching. JR shot really well while I watched and so did PM. JR's defensive pressure seemed to turn the tide in their favor. Both teams should make a long post season run with PM the favorite to win 1A again. I think JR has a tougher road but capable getting a shot at JM. I really like the way JR moves the ball and how they get out in transition.

Reactions: VAHoops11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT