ADVERTISEMENT

Just to make u laugh

Great point sir. There are very few close games any more and most of those are ugly. It's generally the haves and have nots. I traveled to Meadowbrook last night and I struggled to develop enthusiasm during the game. Coach Rudd has the Monarchs looking and playing better, but Dinwiddie scored every four plays. After the first quarter Meadowbrooks offense and I don't blame them consisted of going deep and throwing hail Mary's. A jump ball on almost every Meadowbrook play.

Last edited:
I remember as a kid mom sending me to the grocery store for a half LB. Of cheese, 1/4 LB. Of bologna...etc....how about the same thing when buying your ticket at the gate..... if your team is winning every week 75 to 0, 66 to 7...etc....give us a option to buy 2 qtrs or 3 qtrs of a game instead if $10 every week and throwing the rest away:eek:
I can't even imagine how many games have reached running clock status this season compared to when the rule was initially put in.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
@Virginia HS Football Fan it's the same way in a lot of sports. Too many schools and the talent is watered down. I am a huge wrestling fan and I refuse to attend HS wrestling matches anymore because every contest ends in a pin. The kids just roll over and stare at the lights. Walk off and act like it's no big deal. Man, I can tell you I wrestled a lot of matches and was only pinned once in my career by a 2x time high school all American Bob Deprospero. I was only a ninth grader in my first state championship, but it hurt me to the core. Maybe the kids are better off not letting things get to them, but I just don't see the fight in this generation.

Last edited:
@Virginia HS Football Fan it's the same way in a lot of sports. Too many schools and the talent is watered down. I am a huge wrestling fan and I refuse to attend HS wrestling matches anymore because every contest ends in a pin. The kids just roll over and stair at the lights. Walk off and act like it's no big deal. Man, I can tell you I wrestled a lot of matches and was only pinned once in my career by a 2x time high school all American Bob Deprospero. I was only a ninth grader in my first state championship, but it hurt me to the core. Maybe the kids are better off not letting things get to them, but I just don't see the fight in this generation.
I'm with you there. It's a Catch-22 for schools too. They need kids to field teams. But the kids who are on the teams don't have the killer instinct. They would rather be at home every afternoon texting their friends. Kids also don't want to work. Heck, many grocery stores now close at 9 or 10. I remember when I was in high school, I would work on the weekends or work during the week when I wasn't in season and I would work late until 11 or even until 1am.

As someone who subbed in the last decade for four years, it's easy to see this though. There is zero drive and the kids are aloof. They are also meeting the low bar of academic standards that we have in our society so it's no wonder why the effort and the killer instinct isn't there in whatever sport they choose to participate in.

@Virginia HS Football Fan, I don't think it's just the kids who don't want to work. In fact, I think kids today work, they just work smarter and differently than us. They need instant gratification and use technology to do things easier. We generally accept(ed) what the boss said and worked. Both ways get the job done. Think about it. We worked, griped about our job and pay, but stayed around for thirty years. The kids today change jobs every year, get jumps in pay, because of demand, and work when the want. We often view them as entitled and lazy; however, I am starting to see things differently. I constantly challenge my employees and use their strengths to make things run efficiently.

Reactions: Senex
...and then you have cases like the recent college grad who was literally crying because she worked 9-5 and had about a 30-45 minute commute each way. She was whining and crying she didn't have enough personal time to socialize, work out, and just hang out around the house. LOL! Welcome to the real world.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I'm with you there. It's a Catch-22 for schools too. They need kids to field teams. But the kids who are on the teams don't have the killer instinct. They would rather be at home every afternoon texting their friends. Kids also don't want to work. Heck, many grocery stores now close at 9 or 10. I remember when I was in high school, I would work on the weekends or work during the week when I wasn't in season and I would work late until 11 or even until 1am.

As someone who subbed in the last decade for four years, it's easy to see this though. There is zero drive and the kids are aloof. They are also meeting the low bar of academic standards that we have in our society so it's no wonder why the effort and the killer instinct isn't there in whatever sport th
fake a injury..... your girlfriend will love on you.... mom and will buy u a new I phone.....
y choose to participate in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT