ADVERTISEMENT

King George @ Phoebus

Who are you picking

• Phoebus

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • King George

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
KG with the early lead in votes but I wonder if people are voting with their hearts rather than their heads or whether people are really all-in on KG. No question KG is elite, you don't go 13-0 by accident, and there's no doubt 4B is the toughest region this year but Phoebus is manhandling teams right now, difficult to pick against them.

What I can see, however, is an offense that can finally challenge that Phoebus D. If they're able to find success early could they maybe get Phoebus on their heels. Getting challenged is not a bad thing, especially when it concerns teenagers. Phoebus being challenged after not being challenged all year could be an unknown variable here.

KG O vs Phoebus D is what should decide things but I'd keep an eye on the reverse. Phoebus O is starting to hum but the KG D is far from a slouch.

Should be a heck of a game.

Reactions: one man and RKE Fan
KG with the early lead in votes but I wonder if people are voting with their hearts rather than their heads or whether people are really all-in on KG. No question KG is elite, you don't go 13-0 by accident, and there's no doubt 4B is the toughest region this year but Phoebus is manhandling teams right now, difficult to pick against them.

What I can see, however, is an offense that can finally challenge that Phoebus D. If they're able to find success early could they maybe get Phoebus on their heels. Getting challenged is not a bad thing, especially when it concerns teenagers. Phoebus being challenged after not being challenged all year could be an unknown variable here.

KG O vs Phoebus D is what should decide things but I'd keep an eye on the reverse. Phoebus O is starting to hum but the KG D is far from a slouch.

After watching Phoebus live at states last year, I felt like they'd be the team to beat this year because of what they have in the trenches. Could be best front 4 I've ever seen in Class 4 (Briar Woods when they blasted everyone on their way to the title some years ago comes to mind). Redick, Stevenson and McMullen are all dominant HS lineman. The Phoebus secondary vs KG WR's should be fun.

KG has the game breaking WRs that legit can't be covered 1v1 though. Those guys also start in the secondary and have been game changers over their too. As a whole, Foxes are well coached and fundamentally sound. I was impressed with their run defense vs Varina out of the 3 man front. They've looked very motivated and elite the past two weeks after looking sluggish a few times late regular season.

I'm still going Phoebus in a close one but KG can def win. First team to 21 points, maybe 17 will win. Should be a great game, Good luck to both sides!

I think Phoebus Offense vs KG defense will decide this game. I believe this will be a low scoring game something like 14-10 either way

The great thing about the history of these semifinal match ups between teams that have never played before is that they have been great games. Last year it was pretty apparent that even with Dinwiddie and Phoebus loading up their trophy case again, King George was even with both of them based on their performances. KG and Phoebus have one common opponent. Ironically it is the historic Hampton Crabbers, the same Crabbers that set the 3-peat, 4-peat standard in D5 and holders of at least 15 state titles across AAA, D6 & D5. King George beat Hampton 42-13. In 2 games Phoebus won 28-6 and 56-8 for an average of 42-7. Could it be any closer than that for these two teams? Yes. King George has obviously lost pieces from last year to that dreaded but celebrated graduation. Phoebus has had to replace 3 senior quarterbacks; including 2 that had leg injuries in the playoffs coupled with graduationitis. Their stud DB/WR Bass and a beast of a defensive linemen were also replaced. That these to teams make it back to within a game of the title is a credit to both coaching staffs. This one ends in a tie and goes to infinite overtimes. Good luck to both teams. Let us pray for the Warhill Lion's Leland Hudik (I believe he is the player taken to hospital yesterday) and Phoebus' punter and that no Foxes, Phantoms or any Virginia high school football players are injured on this coming Saturday. Safe travels to all.

The great thing about the history of these semifinal match ups between teams that have never played before is that they have been great games. Last year it was pretty apparent that even with Dinwiddie and Phoebus loading up their trophy case again, King George was even with both of them based on their performances. KG and Phoebus have one common opponent. Ironically it is the historic Hampton Crabbers, the same Crabbers that set the 3-peat, 4-peat standard in D5 and holders of at least 15 state titles across AAA, D6 & D5. King George beat Hampton 42-13. In 2 games Phoebus won 28-6 and 56-8 for an average of 42-7. Could it be any closer than that for these two teams? Yes. King George has obviously lost pieces from last year to that dreaded but celebrated graduation. Phoebus has had to replace 3 senior quarterbacks; including 2 that had leg injuries in the playoffs coupled with graduationitis. Their stud DB/WR Bass and a beast of a defensive linemen were also replaced. That these to teams make it back to within a game of the title is a credit to both coaching staffs. This one ends in a tie and goes to infinite overtimes. Good luck to both teams. Let us pray for the Warhill Lion's Leland Hudik (I believe he is the player taken to hospital yesterday) and Phoebus' punter and that no Foxes, Phantoms or any Virginia high school football players are injured on this coming Saturday. Safe travels to all.
If Salem and Phoebus do meet. They have won 19 State titles between them since the last time they played each other.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT