ADVERTISEMENT

K'Vaughan Pope of Dinwiddie High

No relation that I know of. The guy you are talking about was from Hopewell. Not too far away though. Guess he could be. Monsanto was a very good player.

Played with Tos my Freshman year and I was a scared 165 lbs linebacker lined up next to a 6'4 250 grown man. He was a beast at TE also, but he was really good in basketball. I was telling someone last night at 6'4 he was an undersized post player, but because he was so physical no one could stop him he averaged 30 ppg his Sr. year.

Devils, you guys at Hopewell were a very good team. Nasty defense.
Yea we were pretty good. One thing I remember well is we scrimmaged Atlee and I hit the RB from Atlee pretty good for like a loss and so I get up and he SMACKS me in my helmet and says something to the effect of "good hit young boy" I can't remember because I swear when he smacked me I got a concussion. LOL

Coach Simon said "you would run your own grandmother over to make a tackle". Also said you were hard headed and fearless. Seems not much has changed. Lol. We often talk Central District football and basketball. What a historian.

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
Coach Simon said "you would run your own grandmother over to make a tackle". Also said you were hard headed and fearless. Seems not much has changed. Lol. We often talk Central District football and basketball. What a historian.
Sounds about right. Coach Simon is a great man and has done A LOT for the Hopewell community. Took a lot of car rides with him to different places. A lot of meaningful conversations.

Lol. Devils is still young. I am the antique. Devils gets are hard time, but he is real and an excellent role model. Very proud of him and where he came from.

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
Lol. Devils is still young. I am the antique. Devils gets are hard time, but he is real and an excellent role model. Very proud of him and where he came from.
Appreciate the kind words. Just try to add some perspective to things. Some people don't like honesty and that's the only thing I can be is honest. Too many people telling lies out here to other people and to themselves. You too are doing great work out here in the community.
My students call me old all the time and I sit there like really kids you think 34 is old?? Ok well I guess I'm old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT