ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette vs. Brentsville

Brentsville is solid but without their starting QB, it will be an uphill battle against a really good Lafayette squad.

I’ve been watching some of their games. They really haven’t faced a defense like Lafayette. Everyone keeps underestimating the D, who just keeps getting better with every game. Should be interesting as always.

Lafayette bye 3 Td , they crushed Heritage the same team that beat Hopewell last week. I watched that game and said after the game Lafayette is going to crush this team, Hopewell just wasn't focused. Good luck Lafayette.

Reactions: Lafayette
You have to feel for Brentsville District. It's one thing they had to play Phoebus on the road twice just when the Phantoms were returning to their D5 powerhouse form but playing D3 football but now they are playing the most influential high school in American high school football history and to make that even worse they are probably unaware. The Lafayette Rams are the foundation of the Tom Landry era Dallas Cowboys short game passing attack and the Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick New York Giants defense. They are responsible for modernizing and turning kick/punt returns into a weapon through the Detroit Lions of all teams. The Football Gods smile on the Rams when the rest of us are standing outside, alone in the bitter wintertime, with no coat, a book of wet matches and a polar bear staring directly in our eyes. BD will need to play flawless defense.

Lafayette bye 3 Td , they crushed Heritage the same team that beat Hopewell last week. I watched that game and said after the game Lafayette is going to crush this team, Hopewell just wasn't focused. Good luck Lafayette.
Did you notice how Heritage performed during the heat of their regular season schedule? Well. They didn't. 3 times in a row. Nothing. No resistance. Like during an attack by The Borg.

Did you notice how Heritage performed during the heat of their regular season schedule? Well. They didn't. 3 times in a row. Nothing. No resistance. Like during an attack by The Borg.
True but many did not perform well against Phoebus or Warwick. The Hampton game was surprising as they are just ok. But their dominant win over a very good Hopewell shows their improvement. Would Lafayette lose a second time around against St Christopher or Warhill now? I doubt it. A team strives to keep getting better not stay the same.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
This team is not vintage/classic Lafayette, but they're solid...if they get by Brentsville, a very good/great LCA team will likely be waiting, who beat Class 4 powerhouse Salem.

I watched Lafayette pound what ended up being a pretty awful Spotsylvania team earlier this season.

Reflecting back on that game, Lafayette reminded me of a King George-lite with better pocket passing.

They are well coached and have some athletes and I don't see them having any issue with Brentsville District. I can see it being something like a 31-13 in favor of Lafayette.

I Agree discipline is the key word. Lafayette is discipline, watching hopewell they've talent and athletes but lacked discipline at times this season, against Heritage even if they would've beat Heritage a do think they've lost to Lafayette.

Congrats Lafayette
Defense played lights out. Offense met some stiffer resistance than lately from Brentsville defense. Now the Mt Everest of class 3 to climb, LCA. Considering this was a rebuilding year, it’s been a fabulous year and we are now playing with the houses money. No pressure on Lafayette just let loose.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Defense played lights out. Offense met some stiffer resistance than lately from Brentsville defense. Now the Mt Everest of class 3 to climb, LCA. Considering this was a rebuilding year, it’s been a fabulous year and we are now playing with the houses money. No pressure on Lafayette just let loose.
Enjoy the championship game and all the best to the Rams.

Reactions: Lafayette
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT