ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette vs Grafton

Oct 20, 2018
Saw the score listed as 76-7 in favor of Lafayette, but it said they scored 42 in the first quarter. Anyone confirm this?

Subs started in the 2 Q and all subs the entire 2 half . First Q took 45 minutes. Onto the playoffs. Only injury was to #7 who had a pretty bad shin/calf injury.

Reactions: PastorSteve77
Subs started in the 2 Q and all subs the entire 2 half . First Q took 45 minutes. Onto the playoffs. Only injury was to #7 who had a pretty bad shin/calf injury.
The program sure has come a long way since I played at LHS from the ‘97-2000 seasons. Hopefully I can make it out to a playoff game

The program sure has come a long way since I played at LHS from the ‘97-2000 seasons. Hopefully I can make it out to a playoff game
Starts next Friday at 7 at Wanner Stadium and each Friday thereafter unless we lose.

Things changed for the better at Lafayette when Antolik was hired and the administration made football a priority...too bad they ran into a Salem buzzsaw in '98.

Things changed for the better at Lafayette when Antolik was hired and the administration made football a priority...too bad they ran into a Salem buzzsaw in '98.
We had so much raw talent on our ‘98 team, I can’t help but to wonder had we had the tradition and system in place prior to us being there how good we would have been. I still think we were better then that Salem team, but not on the day and that’s what matters.

Reactions: LHS Rams
We had so much raw talent on our ‘98 team, I can’t help but to wonder had we had the tradition and system in place prior to us being there how good we would have been. I still think we were better then that Salem team, but not on the day and that’s what matters.
I’ve been going to Lafayette games since 1997. The 1998 team was the best. Intimidated by a huge Salem team they got behind but played much better in the 2 Nd half but couldn’t catch up. With today’s tradition and experience that team would have been much better prepared for a state final and who knows? Prior to 1998, not much to point to, but Antolik started it all, continued by a great Wheeler and now outstanding Linn who hopefully will be there until I can’t walk anymore!

I’ve been going to Lafayette games since 1997. The 1998 team was the best. Intimidated by a huge Salem team they got behind but played much better in the 2 Nd half but couldn’t catch up. With today’s tradition and experience that team would have been much better prepared for a state final and who knows? Prior to 1998, not much to point to, but Antolik started it all, continued by a great Wheeler and now outstanding Linn who hopefully will be there until I can’t walk anymore!
It was an outpouring of raw talent, I don’t know that our defense was as good as it is now, but certainly our offense was, and starting in ‘98 through his graduation in ‘02 we had Connor Hughes on special teams giving us probably the best special teams unit I have seen in high school. It was an honor to play all 4 years under Antolik, and have Linn as my line coach.

Reactions: LHS Rams
It was an outpouring of raw talent, I don’t know that our defense was as good as it is now, but certainly our offense was, and starting in ‘98 through his graduation in ‘02 we had Connor Hughes on special teams giving us probably the best special teams unit I have seen in high school. It was an honor to play all 4 years under Antolik, and have Linn as my line coach.
Connor Hughes was special and unusual. A top FG kicker who routinely hit at 45 yards. And to the chagrin as told to me by some Pulaski fans after the final in 2001, super fast, elusive and untouchable as a running QB. Yet his passing was average. He set the Lafayette record in one game for Int’s trying to pass long. They changed that to shorter/ medium passes and running and after an 8-2 regular season a state championship. Talk about in season adjustments!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT