ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette vs. Warhill - Tuesday Night!

Aug 7, 2018
Early game this week compliments of Florence. Rams and Lions kick off on Tuesday in Williamsburg. Potential trap game for Rams? Crazy schedule with limited time to prep for the Lions. Also playing an opponent that wants nothing more than end the 55 game streak and take over as "the team" in Williamsburg.

Warhill has some real talent - Division 1 Linebacker in Noah Holmes who is fast, explosive and big. However, I'm not sure about their OL/DL and I think the Rams are much better up front. Additionally, the Rams seem to have more playmakers than anyone I've seen so far.

At the end of the day - I just don't think Warhill will be able to consistently move the ball against one of the best defenses in the state!

Last edited:
Early game this week compliments of Florence. Rams and Lions kick off on Tuesday in Williamsburg. Potential trap game for Rams? Crazy schedule with limited time to prep for the Lions. Also playing an opponent that wants nothing more than end the 55 game streak and take over as "the team" in Williamsburg.

Warhill has some real talent - Division 1 Linebacker in Noah Holms who is fast, explosive and big. However, I'm not sure about their OL/DL and I think the Rams are much better up front. Additionally, the Rams seem to have more playmakers than anyone I've seen so far.

At the end of the day - I just don't think Warhill will be able to consistently be able to move the ball against one of the best defenses in the state!

Are they holding off on Power Rankings until this game?

This definitely has the makings of a trap game. Two weeks ago Warhill loses to Smithfield 30-27, a team Lafayette soundly defeated, got by Tabb 28-14, a team Lafayette rolled over and squeaked by York, 17-14 on a final play FG, a team Lafayette simply destroyed. When all the signs point in one direction and it’s an in town rivalry game, watch out big time. Warhill has a very limited passing game and no one runs on Lafayette but on a short week who knows. A couple of fumbles and Lafayette’s high penalty totals could could cause some heartburn in this game. When Poquoson lost to Tabb totally unexpected it was a ton of penalties that did them in. By 9:30 Tuesday nite we will know if Lafayette is ready for “Prime Time” or not.

Offensive keys: can Dea Mario Tyler have a big game, can V. Phillips speed out pace Warhill and can Qb Zach New continue his fine passing to Rogers, Neville and others? Who will take on and take out Warhill LB Holmes?? Will Lafayette finally learn how not to “hold”?

Defensive Keys: the LB’s stopping the Warhill wing T and it’s 2 fine RBs and keeping alert for the unexpected pass .

Last edited:
This definitely has the makings of a trap game. Two weeks ago Warhill loses to Smithfield 30-27, a team Lafayette soundly defeated, got by Tabb 28-14, a team Lafayette rolled over and squeaked by York, 17-14 on a final play FG, a team Lafayette simply destroyed. When all the signs point in one direction and it’s an in town rivalry game, watch out big time. Warhill has a very limited passing game and no one runs on Lafayette but on a short week who knows. A couple of fumbles and Lafayette’s high penalty totals could could cause some heartburn in this game. When Poquoson lost to Tabb totally unexpected it was a ton of penalties that did them in. By 9:30 we will know if Lafayette is ready for “Prime Time” or not.
I would agree that games like this can sometimes be trouble, but not for solid programs like Lafayette. Too well coached with talent and depth to boot. This game will not prove anything. Lafayette is getting props from everybody. Do Rams fans think this is the year they make it to Lynchburg for the Class 4 title.

Addendum, I just checked out bit of Rams video. Nice swarming defense and the front 7 is nasty. This team may be the real deal if their offense comes to play.

Last edited:
I would agree that games like this can sometimes be trouble, but not for solid programs like Lafayette. Too well coached with talent and depth to boot. This game will not prove anything. Lafayette is getting props from everybody. Do Rams fans think this is the year they make it to Lynchburg for the Class 4 title.

Addendum, I just checked out bit of Rams video. Nice swarming defense and the front 7 is nasty. This team may be the real deal if their offense comes to play.

I think this is their best chance since rejoining class 4....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT