Lake Taylor vs Lafayette

Lake Taylor vs Lafayette

• Lake Taylor

• Lafayette

Results are only viewable after voting.

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Little question about Lake Taylor's season this year. They beat all comers and 2 of those teams are still playing next week. I doubt there is another district that has 3 teams still in the playoffs! (LT, Maury, an I. C. Norcom).

Next week will be a real battle vs the Rams. This is likely the game of the week in the 757

I'll add to that with the fact that Lafayette has definitely faced tough opponents with their schedule. Many of those teams have enjoyed a really good season. I believe 4 of them were playing last night.

Little question about Lake Taylor's season this year. They beat all comers and 2 of those teams are still playing next week. I doubt there is another district that has 3 teams still in the playoffs! (LT, Maury, an I. C. Norcom).

Next week will be a real battle vs the Rams. This is likely the game of the week in the 757

I'll add to that with the fact that Lafayette has definitely faced tough opponents with their schedule. Many of those teams have enjoyed a really good season. I believe 4 of them were playing last night.
So are you going to put the polls up for the other games as well? Don’t want to double post

Reactions: OCBoy
No, go ahead... I really don't know about the other regions but I do follow LT & go to their games.

The Seminole district will have 3 teams left after today. Heritage, Liberty-Bedford, and the winner of today’s game between Glass/JF. So does the Commonwealth district with Colonial Forge, Massaponax, and Mountain View/North Stafford winner.

I’m really looking forward to this matchup. I have not seen LT play at all this year, but it seems like Lafayette and LT are similar....

-Both teams play great defense (only 2 shutouts posted in Round 2 by their respective Ds)
-Both teams run old school smash you in the mouth offenses (Wing T & Veer)
-Both teams have exceptional coaches who every year re-load (Linn & Sawyer)

What are the key things that could tip the scales either way during the game:
1. Lafayette’s ability to pass the ball a little more?
2. Turnovers?
3. Home field?

I agree with and earlier post that both teams need to adjust defensively. It seems like LT has a stud RB. As he goes, do they go from an offensive perspective? Help me out 757! Devils, please give us your thoughts on matchups as you’ve played both teams.

Get your popcorn ready, this is going to be a battle in the 757!

8 teams left after today - congrats to all still ballin!

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
That veer is not easy to defend, I believe it essentially a triple option. And they pass nicely out it too. No one has successfully run on LT this year, only loss was to Norcom and from what I read it was the passing game that did the damage. So does Lafayette go inside or try the edges for the running game that many think will not work? Lafayette’s passing game at times looks great and other times very average. I agree which one shows up will be key and will it be drop back or roll out for the Qb. A lot of questions as these teams have never met so no history to go on. I can’t think of any team Lafayette plays that use the Veer and I don’t know if any of LT’s opponents run the wing T in Lafayette’s scheme.

I was hoping this game would be played on Saturday so I could attend, but I'll be at Goochland or Fluvanna or wherever the Islanders and Bulldogs play.

Sorry to know about the injury to Lafayette's RB. When two powerhouses meet, each team should be at full strength so there are no what-ifs.

I was hoping this game would be played on Saturday so I could attend, but I'll be at Goochland or Fluvanna or wherever the Islanders and Bulldogs play.

Sorry to know about the injury to Lafayette's RB. When two powerhouses meet, each team should be at full strength so there are no what-ifs.
Tyler may not miss this one. Wait and see. Good luck with Goochland. Just play that defense we saw.

Reactions: islandersfan
I don’t think you can just lineup and run on Lake Taylor. They are going to put everyone in the box.

I don’t think you can just lineup and run on Lake Taylor. They are going to put everyone in the box.
That confirms what I have heard. Lafayette does have a fine w/r in Rodgers and a tall T/E with great hands. They may be busy on Friday.

That confirms what I have heard. Lafayette does have a fine w/r in Rodgers and a tall T/E with great hands. They may be busy on Friday.
Have to hit them quickly. They play man to man and that opens quick long scores. Hard to have long drives.

You can watch the LT Phoebus game on YouTube

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT