ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Has a game next cycle and can't find an opponent...Any takers out there? Anyone know of someone looking for a game? Willing to travel first year no matter the distance so whoever can get their fund raising dollars up so make the return trip to Norfolk.

ed r forshey
  • Administrator
  • staradmin.gif
    staradmin.gif
    staradmin.gif
    staradmin.gif
    staradmin.gif

xx.gif

Re: Ed: What's Martinsburg football schedule looking like for 2017
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:42:50 PM »

Coach/Athletic Director Dave Walker needs to find 2 games.

I have:

8/25
9/1 (A) Sherando, VA
9/8
9/15 (H) Spring Mills
9/22 (H) Morgantown
9/29 (H) Washington
10/6 (H) Liberty Christian, VA
10/13 (A) Hedgesville
10/20 (H) Jefferson
10/27 (A) Musselman
11/3

Princeton is OFF
Eastern, DC is probably Off, but not certain

Report to moderator
ip.gif

I think Northside and Lord Botetourt are playing twice next year. One of them may be interested in talking.

Been talking to William Byrd AD and these teams are playing twice for financial reasons.

Weird to hear that. LB used to be a Salem punching bag(1 loss all-time to LB), usually one of the opening games of the season but the two teams are a quick jaunt down I-81 from each other and had old district ties. They dropped Salem a few years ago, I think probably because the new coach wanted to get a more realistic win on the table and sort of build the program up, which is totally understandable. Now, though, they're a quality 3A team and Salem definitely brings fans (and money) to road games so I can't believe they didn't try to get back on Salem's schedule before Dinwiddie filled the last spot. Or maybe they did and Salem said no, I have no idea obviously, but I think Mags would gladly be up for adding a team who wins 8-10 regular season games now.

Please keep us informed, I'd be very interested to hear if any teams around here were up for making that trip out to see you guys. Hamspear is probably right, Martinsburg seems to be open to any game, they sound right up your alley.

I give LT a ton of credit. They struggle to get games, but they always try to play the best. Got mad respect for their program. Good coaches seek tough games. Its tough to get good teams to play 4a schools. Thanks to Salem for agreeing to play Dinwiddie. It should be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT