ADVERTISEMENT

LCA??

Oct 6, 2010
I see LCA is appealing to stay in Class 3. Just curious does the other Seminole members have any say in their appeal? And honestly how many Seminole schools would love to see LCA move to Class 2?

I see LCA is appealing to stay in Class 3. Just curious does the other Seminole members have any say in their appeal? And honestly how many Seminole schools would love to see LCA move to Class 2?
I would like to see them move and so would some of the coaches. Of course they would surely dominate the Class 2. They always seem to get whatever they want. They should have to follow the rules of the VHSL like anyone else. but the VHSL will cave to them, uggh

I think they should have to be class 6 and I don't think they would appeal it either. It would help with their recruiting.

Reactions: wikki
Would they be able to beat Riverheads?! I have heard they are moving up from division one to division two.

Technically other schools can appeal the appeal but I doubt they will. LCA would still be in the Seminole District no matter if they were Class 2 or Class 3.

Technically other schools can appeal the appeal but I doubt they will. LCA would still be in the Seminole District no matter if they were Class 2 or Class 3.
Class 3 is still in the Seminole but I've never heard of Class 2 being in the Seminole. And if that's the case then why would LCA appeal if they would still be in the Seminole. Class 2 would be with Appomattox etc.

Class 3 is still in the Seminole but I've never heard of Class 2 being in the Seminole. And if that's the case then why would LCA appeal if they would still be in the Seminole. Class 2 would be with Appomattox etc.
Class 2 teams have never been in the Seminole because there has never been a situation where a Class 2 team needed to be in the Seminole. LCA probably appealed to stay in Class 2 for travel purposes. If they were to move to Class 2 every playoff game would require traveling 1hr or more besides Appomattox or Nelson Co.

Class 2 is Dogwood
A team's Class is based on student population. Which district they are in is usually based on travel distance. There are plenty of districts across the state that have a mix of more than two different classes. LCA would most likely stay in the Seminole for that reason. Reducing travel times was their whole argument for joining VHSL.

Reactions: oldfool2
If they drop to Class 2 they need to move to the Dogwood which has both 1a and 2a teams.

LCA did not want to move to 2a for fear of going the Dogwood District where a lot of the members struggle to field full JV programs for sports outside of football.

Reactions: VolNation85
Go back to private school league or play up in 5 or 6A. They won't even put GW on the schedule for an OOD game but they will go to Henry county.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT