ADVERTISEMENT

Lebanon

I didn’t say that he wasn’t good, but when we put 17 yr old kids on a pedestal bc they are dominating in 2A baseball in a small town, how hard is it for them to stay humble when they move on and face adversity. I’ve seen it so many times. Kids get so used to being the best that when they have a bad couple games they can’t handle it and some lose it. Pat the kids on the back but don’t have a parade.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Buchanan not only dominated in 2A, but also was the national pitcher of year in perfect game last season, playing on elite prime in Atlanta. Cade Hungate from Abingdon was 19 years old all of his senior year, now at Florida State, along with Thomas Francisco, who I was 19 the last half of his senior year, now at ECU. Nobody is having a parade for the kid, and, yes, he is legit regardless of his age.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
I didn’t get into details but I know those 3 teams plus graham weren’t even 500. Marion won 2 games, the only team they played was Virginia high school and they weren’t even that good this year. Add up the wins vs losses of opponents and see how lopsided it is.

The Southwest District hasn’t changed in 10 years. It is always Va High and Lebanon, and sprinkle in Tazewell a few years. VA High plays a much more competitive schedule than Lebanon, especially in the first of the year. VA High had to deal with injuries the first of the year, and lost a player for the year at the end.

Va High and Lebanon was 4 of the best games all year. If you are calculating your analysis on wins and losses, the SWD is weak every year, but the top teams are always in the final 4. You can keep ridiculing, but the fact remains Buchanan is a STUD, and his team is legit whether they have an enrollment of 500 or less.

And Lebanon keeps rolling, cruising past Page and Williams today 11-1. Buchanan pitched today, so he is likely not available for the state final.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
Page was without 4 starters though. Not sure what that was all about. But sounds like Lebanon hit Williams pretty good.

Page was without 4 starters though. Not sure what that was all about. But sounds like Lebanon hit Williams pretty good.

I don't believe that would have mattered with the way Buchanan seemed to be pitching and how well Lebanon put the ball in play against a top flight, legit ace.

Hard to say that missing almost 50% of your starters wouldn’t have mattered. Probably no change to outcome but I doubt that the wheels would come off like they did when Williams came off the mound. Regardless, congrats to Lebanon.

Reactions: Baseball215
Where you at now 21vol? They had one pitcher and they rode him as far as they could and luckily not playing anyone good all year allowed them to use them when they played va high school 20 times and page. The rest of the time they could get away with anyone else. Chatham wasn’t even a powerhouse team like Lebanon thought they were. Lebanon does not play anyone and everybody thinks they are so great because they had one kid who pitched every big game for them and saved them. Was that the worst state championship ever? With a score like that you can’t hide the truth. It all comes out in the wash.

If they were “LEGIT” 21vol, they wouldn’t have lost 23-5.....losing is one thing but 23-5 shows you shouldn’t have been there in the first place

All I’m saying is we don’t need to blow these kids up so much when there throwing no hitters against teams that have won 8 and 9 games.

It's a message board man, I don't see a problem with talking up ANY kid. Its certainly better than negative things all the time

Anyone who knows baseball knows pitching is key to winning. I can take the best pitcher and beat a better team

Reactions: 21vol
Yeah I know everyone gets a trophy now days

No, not at all. There is nothing I said there that even hints at that.

But you're feeling the need to talk bad about a KID.

See what you seem to think is that you know more than anyone else. And that you aren't that impressed means that the KID isn't great. That still doesn't mean you have to talk negatively about him.

If you think that negative talk is better than positive then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking that there is way too much negativity these days and that when possible the good things should be talked about is nowhere close to being a trophy for everyone. I very much disagree with that logic. But you also don't tell that kid, "you didn't get a trophy so you aren't good."

No, not at all. There is nothing I said there that even hints at that.

But you're feeling the need to talk bad about a KID.

See what you seem to think is that you know more than anyone else. And that you aren't that impressed means that the KID isn't great. That still doesn't mean you have to talk negatively about him.

If you think that negative talk is better than positive then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking that there is way too much negativity these days and that when possible the good things should be talked about is nowhere close to being a trophy for everyone. I very much disagree with that logic. But you also don't tell that kid, "you didn't get a trophy so you aren't good."
No you don’t tell them that but what you do tell them they were better today and you need to work and get better so you can get that trophy

No you don’t tell them that but what you do tell them they were better today and you need to work and get better so you can get that trophy

Yes, but that is different than having an issue with people being positive about a KID, and when it seems wrong to talk negatively when unwarranted to say its about everyone getting a trophy.

And I didn't even mention the fact, which is why I came back, that there really doesn't sound like there is anything to talk negatively about with the young man. He is going to a big school to play. Would it be more impressive and less to talk negatively about if he were going to FSU?

It just doesn't make sense to me that with all the negative things we see/hear every day, why anyone would have an issue with positive comments about a kid. In my opinion, anytime something good can be said with a kid it is a good thing.

It is certainly not a thing where people commenting on a message board is going to take away an opportunity from someone else. So why not give the kid exposure, even if it is meaningless. You can get the same message across with "they were better than you today, just need to work harder" as opposed to "you don't play anybody and you aren't as good as you think you are." One can be positive and the other has absolutely no way to be positive

Where you at now 21vol? They had one pitcher and they rode him as far as they could and luckily not playing anyone good all year allowed them to use them when they played va high school 20 times and page. The rest of the time they could get away with anyone else. Chatham wasn’t even a powerhouse team like Lebanon thought they were. Lebanon does not play anyone and everybody thinks they are so great because they had one kid who pitched every big game for them and saved them. Was that the worst state championship ever? With a score like that you can’t hide the truth. It all comes out in the wash.

I am right here big dog. This same thing is true of most teams. Lebanon is good and they will be back. Keep downing kids and teams, and hide behind your comments. I don’t know why your such a smart ass, and since you know how good every team in the state is, why don’t you tell us how good the best is. Chatham isn’t that good yet they won the state championship? My son has played with Potojecki on the dirtbags for 2 years, has faced T R Williams and played against Buchanan. Take your agenda and go somewhere else. Buchanan is still the best pitcher in the state, and poto may be the best competitor. Why don’t you tell us what real competition is there scout?

And I didn't even mention the fact, which is why I came back, that there really doesn't sound like there is anything to talk negatively about with the young man. He is going to a big school to play. Would it be more impressive and less to talk negatively about if he were going to FSU?

It just doesn't make sense to me that with all the negative things we see/hear every day, why anyone would have an issue with positive comments about a kid. In my opinion, anytime something good can be said with a kid it is a good thing.

It is certainly not a thing where people commenting on a message board is going to take away an opportunity from someone else. So why not give the kid exposure, even if it is meaningless. You can get the same message across with "they were better than you today, just need to work harder" as opposed to "you don't play anybody and you aren't as good as you think you are." One can be positive and the other has absolutely no way to be positive
I’m with you on this there are ways to critique a young adults in the right way. Has coach I think you watch the game a different way you look for the strengths and weaknesses in every player

I’m with you on this there are ways to critique a young adults in the right way. Has coach I think you watch the game a different way you look for the strengths and weaknesses in every player

I do, and even in the event I seen everything being wrong, I wouldn't put it to one of my players that way. With the guy with the negative comments, it actually appears that he wants to be negative and find things wrong. Just don't think kids should be talked about like that

Reactions: 21vol
I am right here big dog. This same thing is true of most teams. Lebanon is good and they will be back. Keep downing kids and teams, and hide behind your comments. I don’t know why your such a smart ass, and since you know how good every team in the state is, why don’t you tell us how good the best is. Chatham isn’t that good yet they won the state championship? My son has played with Potojecki on the dirtbags for 2 years, has faced T R Williams and played against Buchanan. Take your agenda and go somewhere else. Buchanan is still the best pitcher in the state, and poto may be the best competitor. Why don’t you tell us what real competition is there scout?
Why don't you 2 just let it go.

Chatham had enough talent that they could have won state the last three years. In 2017 (with only 2 regions), Chatham was one of the 7 Conference champions to be upset in the region quarterfinals, following to Floyd County. (Dan River would go on and win the state title that year). Last year, Chatham reach the state semis only to lose to Virginia. Congrats to the Cavaliers on their state title!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT