ADVERTISEMENT

Lee @ Appomattox Predictions

Hampton Roads 6

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Feb 22, 2003
If it wasn't for travel distance I'd go with Lee, but long drive may effect game, but then again Lee is use to travel. I had a coach up there tell me once that their nearest district game was 2 hours away.

(I wish this game was at Lee)

I think you're thinking of the wrong Lee. It is a long haul for Lee to Appomattox but most of Lee High's games are within an hour, especially district games (Union, Gate City, John Battle, Wise Central). Some are even as close as 20 minutes.

This is a team to watch out for in the playoffs. I say Lee by two TD's!

No, he's got the right Lee. Back when Lee was in the Highlands at one time the closest district game was in Bristol, then you had trips to Abingdon and Marion as the other district games...and had Lee been forced to the Southwest District back when the Highlands dissolved, Abingdon would have been the closest district game and with Marion, Grundy, and Carroll County trips for the long hauls. They aren't as accustomed as they once were, but still take some long trips (like to Grayson last year), and unless Lee is going to Union or the like, it gets to a be a longer haul to just about anywhere else. John Battle isn't under an hour for Lee, almost an hour and a half, Wise and Gate City are just under an hour, Union is the only 20 minute trip, Thomas Walker is a 30 minute trip. Grayson County is almost 3 hours from Lee. The others are just around an hour or so.
This post was edited on 11/11 11:49 AM by beamer_ball

This post was edited on 11/13 4:48 PM by beamer_ball

I agree. On a neutral field, Lee should win this by 9. Having to travel, the game will be close. I still go with Lee, but only by 2. Appomattox lacks discipline.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say Appomattox lacks discipline? Have you seen them play this year?

I played at Lee when we were in the highlands district. Most of the games were a haul. We use to make the playoffs quite regularly it's nice to see the team I the playoffs again. I still remember playing Tabb for the state title in '90

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT