ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Minutemen doing big things

Aug 24, 2010
As many of you recall, Liberty was a favorite underdog and took Spotswood out last week. Well that was no fluke because they went to Western Albemarle and dominated. A team that was tough in the Seminole learned their lessons and are now preparing to setup an all Seminole Regional Final next week. Division 3 is all about the Seminole.

Reactions: lyhsports
As many of you recall, Liberty was a favorite underdog and took Spotswood out last week. Well that was no fluke because they went to Western Albemarle and dominated. A team that was tough in the Seminole learned their lessons and are now preparing to setup an all Seminole Regional Final next week. Division 3 is all about the Seminole.
My favorite right now is LB but I have picked Liberty both weeks.

Reactions: VolNation85
Liberty rolling. Getting hot when it counts!
I wouldn’t necessarily say they are getting hot. They have been pretty good all year long. They were in every game down to the end besides Glass and JF. They were a few plays away from being 8-2 in the regular season.

I have picked them as well but I think the gig is up this week. I’m going with Heritage. What about you?
yes I believe heritage wins this one too, but it has the potential to be a really physical game. Part of me wants to believe 5-5 liberty can be another 5-5 blacksbBla from a couple years ago but unfortunately the road is just to tough in my opinion. Heritage wears you down so bad. Should be a decent game rhouth .

Idk, heritage is definitely the favorite but it was a 3 point game last time. If liberty can keep it close till the 4th they will win. I would probably pick heritage but I would not be too surprised if liberty pulled it off.
I agree that if liberty keeps it close till the 4th quarter that they have a real shot. My only thing is heritage wears you down .Blake is so big and his runs don't seem to generate huge gains, at least what I've seen, but he puts a beating on you and by the 2nd half the other team seems weaker .Also #21 really got going running the ball against Brookville .I can see it being a really good game but I can't see heritage losing.

I have picked them as well but I think the gig is up this week. I’m going with Heritage. What about you?
The first time they played Heritage only won by 3 and its hard to beat a good team 2x. I’m still going with Heritage in this one.

Idk, heritage is definitely the favorite but it was a 3 point game last time. If liberty can keep it close till the 4th they will win. I would probably pick heritage but I would not be too surprised if liberty pulled it off.
Heritage dropped a lot of balls that game. It IS going to be a very physical game. I'm taking HHS but wouldn't be surprise if Liberty wins a close one.

May sway the pick ems. I hear HHS is suffering from a couple injuries. Not sure if true, but big all district DT #67 done for?..that will impact the trenches. What is the injury report on both sides, and how does that impact the game if at all?

Also Watts and Bradley have tremendous respect for each other. This should be an "instant classic."

Going to be a great game. Liberty very stout vs the run while Heritage wants to establish the run and win the game in the trenches. The first meeting, Heritage offense got a good lead and the defense got enough stops in the 2nd half to hold on. Liberty neutralized their running game very well. Blake did seem to wear them down late. If Liberty doesn't get down big early again, they'll have a shot.

Keys for Heritage, get the vertical passing game going early, Liberty's weakness has been covering the pass consistently. Don't help Liberty with undisiciplined penalties etc. Don't give them life once you get the lead. In the first meeting it seemed like Heritage took their foot off the pedal in the 3rd quarter and Liberty made a comeback.

Keys for Liberty, get the running game going. If they can't run the ball they won't win. I can't see Liberty passing consistently without the threat of the run game. Keep the double dive flowing as it has been the past two weeks. Take care of the football and have a trick up your sleeve for a critical moment.

Hope Liberty pulls the upset but I'm going with the better team in another close game.
Heritage 27 Liberty 21.

Going to be a great game. Liberty very stout vs the run while Heritage wants to establish the run and win the game in the trenches. The first meeting, Heritage offense got a good lead and the defense got enough stops in the 2nd half to hold on. Liberty neutralized their running game very well. Blake did seem to wear them down late. If Liberty doesn't get down big early again, they'll have a shot.

Keys for Heritage, get the vertical passing game going early, Liberty's weakness has been covering the pass consistently. Don't help Liberty with undisiciplined penalties etc. Don't give them life once you get the lead. In the first meeting it seemed like Heritage took their foot off the pedal in the 3rd quarter and Liberty made a comeback.

Keys for Liberty, get the running game going. If they can't run the ball they won't win. I can't see Liberty passing consistently without the threat of the run game. Keep the double dive flowing as it has been the past two weeks. Take care of the football and have a trick up your sleeve for a critical moment.

Hope Liberty pulls the upset but I'm going with the better team in another close game.
Heritage 27 Liberty 21.
Spot on!

What offense is Liberty running...they used to run alot of Stack or "Maryland" I with 3 backs. Watts is one of those really good coaches who always produces a solid team and when they have talent really good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT