ADVERTISEMENT

Life Christian

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Funny, Freedom has a game against Heritage on the 24th at 7. Hmmmm, could LCA be playing the JV team on the 25th at 2? Lol. I guess it will all come out in the wash soon enough.

Heritage's schedule has Freedom twice for the 24th. I would say Heritage is playing Freedom-South Riding and Freedom-woodbridge is playing LCA on Saturday.

buckle ypur seat belt .Its about to get real from what I hear. They poached from the wrong school . The director of Independent schools is involved.

???

Can you share a little more on this topic?

buckle ypur seat belt .Its about to get real from what I hear. They poached from the wrong school . The director of Independent schools is involved.

I wpuld buy that if Freedom Woodbridge didnt have Heritage on theirs

If heritage made a mistake inputting their schedule and picked the wrong freedom, it would show up on herritage and freedom Woodbridge schedules until someone changed it.
Heritage opened with Freedom SR last season. This is year 2 of a 2 year cycle. The only reason. Freedom Woodbridge isn't playing the same schedule is because OP dropped them mid cycle.

Pretty rare that a team doesn't play the second game of a two year cycle. This is a story in itself. There is usually a two year contract, but I doubt if there is a penalty clause. Plus, most AD's will say, if you don't want to play the game, so be it.

I guess my bigger question is why would OP want out? I know that last year's game was not competitive, but heck, OP really wasn't competitive against anybody last year.

I hope that you Matt, or Danny, or one of the other staff reporters can do an investigative report on LCA, and all of the controversy and stories going around.

I know I have been pretty vocal with my opinions, and so have a lot of others. Maybe we are overly judgmental? Maybe we are so protective of "the game" that we tend to overreact when we think there are people and organizations that are tainting the game?

But, there sure seems to be a growing body of evidence that LCA is trying to establish themselves as a legitimate football program "at any cost". Such as luring players with a dream that is almost certainly only that, a dream.

But hey, it's a free country. And they are not incumbered by the rules of the VHSL. So maybe I just need to shut up and mind my own business?

I hope that you Matt, or Danny, or one of the other staff reporters can do an investigative report on LCA, and all of the controversy and stories going around.

I know I have been pretty vocal with my opinions, and so have a lot of others. Maybe we are overly judgmental? Maybe we are so protective of "the game" that we tend to overreact when we think there are people and organizations that are tainting the game?

But, there sure seems to be a growing body of evidence that LCA is trying to establish themselves as a legitimate football program "at any cost". Such as luring players with a dream that is almost certainly only that, a dream.

But hey, it's a free country. And they are not incumbered by the rules of the VHSL. So maybe I just need to shut up and mind my own business?

Dinwiddie I find it really funny that on the 4A board you praised a kid from LCA for getting a scholarship offer when you thought he transferred to Liberty Christian Academy. What makes one private school any better than any other?

Dinwiddie I find it really funny that on the 4A board you praised a kid from LCA for getting a scholarship offer when you thought he transferred to Liberty Christian Academy. What makes one private school any better than any other?
(you didn't ask me but) Liberty CA is member of VHSL and plays by its rules.

Reactions: OHandEIGHTwhatNOW?
(you didn't ask me but) Liberty CA is member of VHSL and plays by its rules.

Thanks EPJr. but dont all private schools recruit? I know nothing about either LCA or the situation just seems like a bunch of adults with vendettas against coaches who by law can recruit, parents (who feel they are doing whats best for their children) and kids (who are looking out for their best interest)

Vendetta? More like a dislike for people who want to run their HS team like a damn AAU team with all the slimey “coaches” that typically entails. Have fun with that! Wonder which parents are really running that football program?

Thanks EPJr. but dont all private schools recruit? I know nothing about either LCA or the situation just seems like a bunch of adults with vendettas against coaches who by law can recruit, parents (who feel they are doing whats best for their children) and kids (who are looking out for their best interest)
yeah
but they have the same transfer rules as all other VHSL members.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high...cle_0b4a6b1d-e46e-50d3-aec5-3cab7d742726.html

Reactions: OHandEIGHTwhatNOW?

I accept your opinion, but also respectfully disagree. Please don't confuse Liberty Christian with Life Christian. Yes, LibertyCA is private, and I will disdain them for the rest of my life for the way they used their money and resources to force the VHSL's hand. (Just in case you do not know this, Liberty was going to gain admittance into the VHSL, or bankrupt them, and they made that known up front.) But otherwise, I am a fan of the quality Christian educational opportunity they offer.

As far as either LCA, (and all legitimate private schools), I support them wholeheartedly. They offer a choice. And that is the way it should be.

As WP02 pointed out, LifeCA is using the vulnerability of kids, and of the parents to sell a dream. Now mind you, there is nothing wrong with providing hope and an opportunity. But, it has to be backed up by three things. 1). a solid, well though out plan, short and long term, 2). established financial resources, and 3). experienced, dedicated, ethical and moral people in charge. I strongly question their ability to provide these three essentials.

And I, like WP02 have no use for the AAU. You might ask why? Because all my life I have witnessed the AAU ride the back's of inner-city African American kids for their own personal gain.

And one last thing, I can't back away from the fact that I was suspicious, no, very suspicious, of LibertyCA abiding by the VHSL rules on recruitment. But, to date, I have heard only a few legitimate comments that some boosters, (possibly even a faculty member), had crossed the line. (It doesn't make it right, but virtually every public high school has one or more boosters that cross this line). Hence, I've mellowed my hard line stance against them, relative to this issue.

Timing is kinda bad for doing investigative report considering it is time to get to work on previews. This would definitely be something I would want to sink my teeth into in the offseason.

Every year I try to do one article outside of player profiles and this year there was nothing that captured my attention like this has captured the attention of so many.

Any investigative report is going to be tricky however due to the fact of if anything sinister, slimy, etc... is going on, you are not going to get straightforward answers from the coach or the school itself. On the opposite spectrum of that is you are going to get negative views from those opposing the program as we have seen thus far on the board.

Then there is the matter of ruining any good relations with coaches and players tied to the program if they leave the program or for future VirginiaPreps articles... While I only cover the public schools in the Richmond Region, obviously VirginiaPreps and Rivals is far reaching beyond that of mine.

Timing is kinda bad for doing investigative report considering it is time to get to work on previews. This would definitely be something I would want to sink my teeth into in the offseason.

Every year I try to do one article outside of player profiles and this year there was nothing that captured my attention like this has captured the attention of so many.

Any investigative report is going to be tricky however due to the fact of if anything sinister, slimy, etc... is going on, you are not going to get straightforward answers from the coach or the school itself. On the opposite spectrum of that is you are going to get negative views from those opposing the program as we have seen thus far on the board.

Then there is the matter of ruining any good relations with coaches and players tied to the program if they leave the program or for future VirginiaPreps articles... While I only cover the public schools in the Richmond Region, obviously VirginiaPreps and Rivals is far reaching beyond that of mine.
Well stated Danny. I see your point clearly. I guess we will leave it like it is, a simple matter of public perception, and private viewpoint. Thank you for your response. Now, how about start spitting out the player profiles and pre-season prognostications. What the heck are you waiting for? Isn't it clear that we are all starving to death for football talk?

Well stated Danny. I see your point clearly. I guess we will leave it like it is, a simple matter of public perception, and private viewpoint. Thank you for your response. Now, how about start spitting out the player profiles and pre-season prognostications. What the heck are you waiting for? Isn't it clear that we are all starving to death for football talk?

Well I'm not ruling out writing about LCA I just don't know if we are going to get the answers some want and think...

As far as player profiles... where have you been this offseason? Started with Jasiah Williams, formerly of your Generals and finished up with the Deep Run QB situation.

Now I'm just waiting on coaches to return our surveys and then I can begin pumping them out. I'm as anxious as you are... Usually my previews start hitting the press about mid to late July so be patient. Don't forget too that the VHSL has still not yet published the master schedule so that is kind of the first firing shot for me in terms of preview articles.

Ahh, I've read everything you have published. Are you familiar with Audrey II in "The Little Shop of Horrors?"

"FEED ME!!!"

Can we say, insatiable?

Reactions: CRF4Dan
I'm hoping that word of or discussions about LCA gets back to them, and they reach out to you or someone to set the record straight.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Yeah, yeah, yeah, football time!!!! To hell with LCA (both of them) What's up Central Region! I know my Springers will be cocked and loaded come August 24th!! Who's gonna bring us down?!... Anybody? Herm, Henrico, Varina, Bird?... maybe Meadowbrook!o_O

Yeah, yeah, yeah, football time!!!! To hell with LCA (both of them) What's up Central Region! I know my Springers will be cocked and loaded come August 24th!! Who's gonna bring us down?!... Anybody? Herm, Henrico, Varina, Bird?... maybe Meadowbrook!o_O

I don't think anyone brings down your Springers this year but there should be some teams that give them a scare... I think Henrico if the chemistry is right with all the additions there. Varina and LC Bird maybe... I have my doubts about Herm until I'm able to see them on the field. I'll get my chance as I will definitely be at that Herm-Highland Springs season opener.

???

Can you share a little more on this topic?

The Director of the Independent schools might inquire about Life Christian, but he doesn't have any teeth. The key word in the VISAA is that the "I" stands for "independent". Now what they can do is ban them from the playoffs, but I doubt they expect to play in the playoffs since Bishop Sullivan is excluded from the playoffs.

But Dinwiddie I hope you are right and there is something done. But I fear this is going to play out like a long soap opera and that a bunch of kids will have hooked their futures to a unproven wagon. Time will tell

Last edited:
LCA isn't much different than BS, and you see what"s happening in VA Beach! How many kids have left BS and returning back to Public Roots due to the team being suspended from the league and not being able to play for any type of championship. LCA is doing nothing more than assembling talented kids from AAU and promising weekend trips to colleges all while making a name for themselves in the process. You don't see that in an established school like Trinity. Simply following the current AAU protocol of finding the best kids within districts and pulling them together for some big games and explaining losses on the "Level of Competition". Its the commercialization of our kids and sadly, it comes at the hands of egoistical adults.

LCA isn't much different than BS, and you see what"s happening in VA Beach! How many kids have left BS and returning back to Public Roots due to the team being suspended from the league and not being able to play for any type of championship. LCA is doing nothing more than assembling talented kids from AAU and promising weekend trips to colleges all while making a name for themselves in the process. You don't see that in an established school like Trinity. Simply following the current AAU protocol of finding the best kids within districts and pulling them together for some big games and explaining losses on the "Level of Competition". Its the commercialization of our kids and sadly, it comes at the hands of egoistical adults.
Perfectly stated, NNKD4L!

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Funny, Freedom has a game against Heritage on the 24th at 7. Hmmmm, could LCA be playing the JV team on the 25th at 2? Lol. I guess it will all come out in the wash soon enough.

I can definitely provide some insight into the LCA situation as it seems people are still confused. The school is fully accredited. They have had a successful basketball program for years. Kids have gained scholarships since enrolling and joining their football program and a schedule has been posted for them on max preps. A lot of their coaches have been coaching in high school and the aau scene for years now and have mo bad stigmas attached to them. After watchig them over this summers 7 on 7 scene and a few linemen camps. They have loads of talent and it’s going to be fun to watch. However, Negative pictures will always be painted around the realms of change. I am curious to see the tone of conversation when exactly the opposite of everyone’s predictions comes to the surface.

Kids that have recently transferred to LCA have already earned college football scholarships? This is before they've even played a single down or game for LCA? Is that actually building a program from the ground up (which is hard to do and takes a lot of time, sweat, and effort) or is it just importing talent and creating an AAU football team?

I can definitely provide some insight into the LCA situation as it seems people are still confused. The school is fully accredited. They have had a successful basketball program for years. Kids have gained scholarships since enrolling and joining their football program and a schedule has been posted for them on max preps. A lot of their coaches have been coaching in high school and the aau scene for years now and have mo bad stigmas attached to them. After watchig them over this summers 7 on 7 scene and a few linemen camps. They have loads of talent and it’s going to be fun to watch. However, Negative pictures will always be painted around the realms of change. I am curious to see the tone of conversation when exactly the opposite of everyone’s predictions comes to the surface.
Curious if you feel the same way now, after watching your prediction completely go in the opposite direction?

LCA is a legitimate school though. And believe me, I don't think they belong in the VHSL; but that is the hand that we've been dealt. Can't say the same thing about Life Christian or Bishop Sycamore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT