ADVERTISEMENT

Long Time No see

Greetings to you! Very little sports-relevant talk on these boards the last year, sadly, although it's improved since football began. I think that's turned many people off - I know it has me.

Looks like your Truckers have a defensive juggernaut, with no points allowed in the first two games. What have been the keys to getting that football program turned around? Is Churchland traditionally strong in other sports?

Greetings to you! Very little sports-relevant talk on these boards the last year, sadly, although it's improved since football began. I think that's turned many people off - I know it has me.

Looks like your Truckers have a defensive juggernaut, with no points allowed in the first two games. What have been the keys to getting that football program turned around? Is Churchland traditionally strong in other sports?
So my principal arrived in July 2016 and hired me in Feb 2017 and prior to our arrival the school had never won a playoff game in football and had one region title in the history of the school 1994 boys basketball.
Now there have been plenty of Churchland athletes that have won regional and state titles but they were playing for IC Norcom and Western Branch. So the biggest thing was keeping the Churchland athletes at Churchland. It’s a new generation of kids so they have to see the vision, so I created accounts on all the social media platforms and started upgrading uniforms and facilities. I post the progress and spotlight the kids and the buy in started with them and the parents. Now people who felt like the previous admin didn’t care now are some of my biggest supporters and allies. Churchland is it’s own community within Portsmouth so once I got the community backing and support it’s been great.
my track program has benefited a ton we’ve been in the mix in track for state titlesthe last two years. Went from 20 kids in the program to over 100. Boys basketball went to state tournament recently, so all of our programs are getting better. It’s been great building a program. Also we have 4 regional titles and 8 runner ups in my 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT