ADVERTISEMENT

Lord Botetourt at Lafayette for Title

Lord Botty the favorite and should be, but they playing a program with a history of winning and no stranger to state championships. Lafayette is bad arse. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is very close.

How did VHSL decide whom would be the home team for the Championship game in all 6 divisions??

That Arnholt injury for LB has definitely changed the way they play. Against LCA they pretty much ran their entire offense without having a WR on the field and brought in a pure runner (KJ Bratton) at QB. Between that and Rice playing hurt, I definitely think this makes them easier to defend and makes also makes them worse defensively (Although freshman Jakari Nicely is going to be special and now gets to play on defense) but it is still a huge challenge. It will just be so much of a different style than Lafayette is used from their opponents and not something they have played against all year. OL, TEs, Hbacks and fullbacks that want to drive you 20 yards downfield every play and then punish you.

I think LB is a lot more vulnerable than they were before the injuries but I don't see them being denied this year.

Lafayette has been knocking on the door for a while as Botty. I like Lafayette’s physicality and team speed in this one. Lafayette is REALLY physical. They hit and play hard. That 2017 team that I saw lose to Louisa was probably the best high school defense I had ever seen. They may be a little faster than they were that year.

I think LB wins but this is not going to be easy because of the injuries that they have and will Lafayette show up as the team that beat Phoebus or the team that beat Independence?

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
I think LB wins but this is not going to be easy because of the injuries that they have and will Lafayette show up as the team that beat Phoebus or the team that beat Independence?
Interesting question. But Lafayette also has two starters out since halftime of the Phoebus game. One was a starting rb/Lb at both positions. But whatever Independence was earlier in the season they turned it around against Goochland and continued it in our game. That big Qb that is a very fast runner can throw it on a dime to some pretty good receivers, as good as what I saw from the LCA QB I saw on NHFS. They had very good size all around and used more different formations than I’ve seen from one HS team in a long time. New Kent who made the playoffs had an offensive line that was very big (6 5, 6 7) and averaged about 275 and drove it straight ahead with two lead RBs too so there is some familiarity with that style. Weather should be good no mud!!

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
That Arnholt injury for LB has definitely changed the way they play. Against LCA they pretty much ran their entire offense without having a WR on the field and brought in a pure runner (KJ Bratton) at QB. Between that and Rice playing hurt, I definitely think this makes them easier to defend and makes also makes them worse defensively (Although freshman Jakari Nicely is going to be special and now gets to play on defense) but it is still a huge challenge. It will just be so much of a different style than Lafayette is used from their opponents and not something they have played against all year. OL, TEs, Hbacks and fullbacks that want to drive you 20 yards downfield every play and then punish you.

I think LB is a lot more vulnerable than they were before the injuries but I don't see them being denied this year.

Your observations are spot on.

Their offense is totally different from the Christiansburg game.

I feel bad for any seniors who had to deal with this unusual season - especially those who incurred injuries.

They have had some bad luck with that for sure. Losing their best player (imo) in Evan Eller (QB and DB) really changed them in 2019 as well but they were able to make it to the championship.

Your observations are spot on.

Their offense is totally different from the Christiansburg game.

I feel bad for any seniors who had to deal with this unusual season - especially those who incurred injuries.
One of the worst things is if you incurred an acl injury like one of our players and a junior with only 4 months to next season , he most likely will not play next season either. Really tough,

How did VHSL decide whom would be the home team for the Championship game in all 6 divisions??
The VHSL decided prior to the season that D host C and A host B in semi. The winner of A/B would host title game

“Strongest team in the state without question” LOL 😂
In all fairness, Rice was nowhere close to 100% and losing Arnholt completely changed them as an offense.

Regardless, congrats to Lafayette, they matched the physicality and played a great football game. LB might have all of the P5 lineman that everyone talks about but the best player up front in this game was #79 Tommy Gardner for the Rams. They were very technically sound and well coached... I really enjoyed watching them play as I have never seen a full game from them before. Enjoy this moment and congrats on being the best football team in 3A!

In all fairness, Rice was nowhere close to 100% and losing Arnholt completely changed them as an offense.

Regardless, congrats to Lafayette, they matched the physicality and played a great football game. LB might have all of the P5 lineman that everyone talks about but the best player up front in this game was #79 Tommy Gardner for the Rams. They were very technically sound and well coached... I really enjoyed watching them play as I have never seen a full game from them before. Enjoy this moment and congrats on being the best football team in 3A!
I heard Lafayette Def player of the year was out at MLB

I heard Lafayette Def player of the year was out at MLB
Correct Sam Boyer out/!ACL. Also was top RB and also out TE, Neville out too with starting lineman Tyler. So we had our missing players too. No excuses anywhere. They played tough and never get intimidated. turnovers a key,Yep a lot of personal fouls on LB , all looked correct from us. That punt turned into a TD by Green was the back breaker.

Rice ran pretty wells and quite a bit to me.He looked close to 99% to me.

There might, or should be, some bad news coming out surrounding LB soon, and that's all I'll say about it. I'm glad they lost.

Congrats to Lafayette! They've had a bunch of recent teams full of tall studs that could've won it all.

There might, or should be, some bad news coming out surrounding LB soon, and that's all I'll say about it. I'm glad they lost.

Congrats to Lafayette! They've had a bunch of recent teams full of tall studs that could've won it all.

Share the information sooner than later

Rice ran pretty wells and quite a bit to me.He looked close to 99% to me.

I think you mean Northside...

Reactions: mike salem

Don’t you people get tired of beating this dead horse? Everyone knows the reason all those kids left Northside and went to Botetourt. Botetourt didn’t have to recruit them, the coaches at Northside are the reason they left. Good parents dont want their kids in a bad environment. So they moved them. Ask them, they will tell you.

Reactions: oxley70
how many srs did lord botetourt have this season, i know they always reload year in year out, riverheads plays them in the fall, 3a vs 1a 2 great football programs so we will see how rhs fairs vs a tough 3a school, rhs loses some great srs but they still have alot of talent coming back, they might be the team to break the winning streak, but if it takes a 3a school to break it it will help them get better come playoff time

2021 Virginia Spring Football Champions
@OscarSmithFB
@SalemSpartans
@ACHS_Raiders
@StoneBridgeFB
@VaPrepsRivals
@LHSRamFootball
E0WHNIyXIAA0hOw

how many srs did lord botetourt have this season, i know they always reload year in year out, riverheads plays them in the fall, 3a vs 1a 2 great football programs so we will see how rhs fairs vs a tough 3a school, rhs loses some great srs but they still have alot of talent coming back, they might be the team to break the winning streak, but if it takes a 3a school to break it it will help them get better come playoff time
Just looking at the VHSL program there were 15 Srs on a 49 man roster. IDK how many starting positions that is, but there are several impact players in that group. I have no doubt they will reload. Class 3 is a tough one to win. A lot of good programs year in and year out.

The problem that LB ran into last year and this year is they just seem to power run through weak teams and hope that will suffice throughout the playoffs. Then they run into teams that control their running game and look JV at best when they all of the sudden have to throw the ball. Yesterday #4 came off the edge several times untouched thus causing pics from a QB running for his life. They knew that guy was their stud OLB so he should have had a man on him constantly. Lafayette's D was way better than I thought they would be. And LB second half penalties and 4 turnovers lost the game for them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT