ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of Region C chatter here

hamspear

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2009
Arrowhead stadium
Will the Sherando ( Rodney Dangerfield) Warriors win this week? Will Kettle Run, prove the first game against Liberty wasn’t a fluke?

Greetings. First time poster. Been reading a lot of good stuff here. Glad I found you guys.

Liberty/KR could be a really fun game or total blowout. My kid said that The Fauquier kids and Liberty kids are setting up “the flock” combining both student sections.

KR is really an outside dark horse for C. They are really young. Mostly Juniors and Sophmores. To call the win over Liberty a fluke might be a little harsh. They have done what all the top teams in C have done. Beat each other at least once. If they don’t turnover the ball or throw picks they may have a shot.

After seeing all these teams play this year, #4 Sherando should take C. Solid D and great offensive fundamentals can let them win it all.

Millbrook is not impressive to me for some reason. Don’t know why. Good Athletes but I don’t trust them to be the 4c champs.

Liberty is Solid but not scary. They need to show us why they are good.

Kettle Run is a decent young team but doesn’t have the horses to stay in the 2nd Half with these other teams.

Not to jump a week ahead, but the Liberty/Sherando game will be a grudge match!

Reactions: Shruikan
After seeing all these teams play this year, #4 Sherando should take C. Solid D and great offensive fundamentals can let them win it all.

Millbrook is not impressive to me for some reason. Don’t know why. Good Athletes but I don’t trust them to be the 4c champs.

Liberty is Solid but not scary. They need to show us why they are good.

Kettle Run is a decent young team but doesn’t have the horses to stay in the 2nd Half with these other teams.

Not to jump a week ahead, but the Liberty/Sherando game will be a grudge match!

I noticed that Millbrook's QB played both ways against Sherando a couple weeks ago. He's obviously one of the best athletes in the region, but him not being fresh each time Millbrook gets the ball hurts them when they're playing a tough opponent and have to play four full quarters. A tougher schedule might've helped them in that regard.

If what you say about Kettle Run is true (being that they're mostly Juniors and Sophomores), the game against Sherando should be a good one next year. Both teams are fairly young.

Reactions: Sirduke5
Greetings. First time poster. Been reading a lot of good stuff here. Glad I found you guys.

Liberty/KR could be a really fun game or total blowout. My kid said that The Fauquier kids and Liberty kids are setting up “the flock” combining both student sections.

KR is really an outside dark horse for C. They are really young. Mostly Juniors and Sophmores. To call the win over Liberty a fluke might be a little harsh. They have done what all the top teams in C have done. Beat each other at least once. If they don’t turnover the ball or throw picks they may have a shot.
I also heard about the combining of student sections but who knows if it will happen or not.. KR seems to have a good program and I think Region C will be very interesting in years to come... minus Fauquier doesn’t seem like they will get it together anytime soon. Especially with athletes quitting bc of the head coach

Will the Sherando ( Rodney Dangerfield) Warriors win this week? Will Kettle Run, prove the first game against Liberty wasn’t a fluke?
Rodney? Hardly. It seems as if everyone I hear believes they will win this region. Does Sherando have a slight conditioning problem? It seems like it/when they blow it it's in the 4th qtr. I don't know the details....why did they give up 22 to Milbrook in the 4th? I remember last year at EV, Sherando played very tough but had some cramping issues in the 2nd half.

Rodney? Hardly. It seems as if everyone I hear believes they will win this region. Does Sherando have a slight conditioning problem? It seems like it/when they blow it it's in the 4th qtr. I don't know the details....why did they give up 22 to Milbrook in the 4th? I remember last year at EV, Sherando played very tough but had some cramping issues in the 2nd half.

Unsure if it's a conditioning issue or a depth one. The only game Sherando had cramping issues this year was against Martinsburg, and their second team could beat most 4A first teams.

Millbrook scored first when it was 28-0, and then again after Sherando had pushed it to 35. The two additional scores they got were in garbage time when the game was over. Sherando was wasting clock by that point, and if they'd played at 100% it would've ended at 35-8. I agree that they've had a cramping issue over the past few years, especially when playing deep teams, but that wasn't the case against Millbrook.

Unsure if it's a conditioning issue or a depth one. The only game Sherando had cramping issues this year was against Martinsburg, and their second team could beat most 4A first teams.

Millbrook scored first when it was 28-0, and then again after Sherando had pushed it to 35. The two additional scores they got were in garbage time when the game was over. Sherando was wasting clock by that point, and if they'd played at 100% it would've ended at 35-8. I agree that they've had a cramping issue over the past few years, especially when playing deep teams, but that wasn't the case against Millbrook.
Usually cramping occurs in the Aug/September games. I wouldn't think we would see it this time of year.

Milbrook's last two scores came when Sherando had put in their 2nd stringers. Sherando Beat Millbrook soundly that game.

Looking forward to the Northwestern District Semifinals and Finals the next 2 weeks. I think both games this week are pure toss-ups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT