ADVERTISEMENT

Loudoun Valley/Poquoson

Bluetree

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 19, 2012
You can see twitter updates on this game @MartyOBrienDP. Might have to search it but he will have updates during the game. I will not have time to do any updates on this game. I plan to have them on the Millbrook/Hanover game. That's the Williamsburg newspaper.
This post was edited on 6/14 9:49 AM by Bluetree

Loudoun Valley wins 3A!

Congrats to the Loudoun Valley Vikings for winning the state Class 3A championship today with a 9-0 win over Poquoson.

Valley pitching gave up just one run in two state playoff games, and that run came in the seventh inning Friday against William Byrd.

Wayne Todd has always been one of the state's best coaches and he brought this program back to win it all after a crushing, 1-0, 13-innings loss to eventual AA champ Sherando in the Region II quarterfinal round in 2013.

This is Todd's second state title in 37 seasons as a coach. He also won with Broad Run in 1991. Congrats again Wayne on bringing this team together and making all the right calls!

To the seniors, job well done. There's still a lot of youth on this team and I look for LV to keep putting out good teams for years to come in Purcellville. They'll get a new field to play on next spring on campus. Enjoy it, but I know you guys will miss the PFF!

~~~~~~4A State Chamionship Updates FINAL Hanover 7 Millbrook 1

Starting pitchers Hanover Derek Casey Millbrook Colin Benner. Both teams are wearing light blue jersey tops. After 1 0-0; Hanover has runner thrown out at home plate by Millbrook left fielder Conor Hartigan to end bottom of first. After 2 0-0. After 2 1/2 0-0; MB left two on. HHS Casey has throw 55 pitchers thru 3. After 3 Hanover 1-0; Shepperd RBI single to right brings in Pridemore. After 3 1/2 HHS 1-0. MB Ryan Hartigan hit leadoff double but next three go K,K fly out to right. After 4 Hanover 5-0; Denton hits RBI double; Millbrook's Conor Hartigan just missed making the catch. Conor injuries himself and leaves game. Hanover adds two more MB Benner is taken out; Trey Briathwaite now in to pitch. Shepperd RBI single bring in another run. Top 5th MB Burgreen RBI single now 5-1 going to bottom 5th. After 5 Hanover 5-1. After 5 1/2 still 5-1 MB left one on. After 6 Hanover 7-1; they add two more on singles. Millbrook goes 1-2-3 to end it Keenan's grounder to second ends game. FINAL Hanover 7 Millbrook 1.MB 1-3-3 HHS 7-8-1.
This post was edited on 6/14 2:58 PM by Bluetree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT