ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa/Cave Spring scrimmage

Ummm whoa right there..tell me how good has the Jefferson really been the last few seasons?I don't think there is one player in the district who has even sniffed an offer from a D-one school. The Indians won our district last season and lost to a 5-5 team. My school has been awful, orange not much better, not has albemarle been real good and everyone else has been ok teams but nothing to beat chest about.
Actually Monticello has had 4 kids go division 1 or division 1AA in the past couple of years. Western has had two go to IAA, C-Ville has had 1 go 1AA. I'm sure i'm missing a few and I apologize to those kids. Not trying to flame you snooka, agree that the JD has been in a little bit of a lull over the past few years, but disagree with you over the number of kids that has received offers and looks from bigger schools.

I was talking about the Winchester area and Northwestern District. Sherando is no comparison to the good to great Loudoun teams, Handley isn't what it once was, and the other teams shouldn't be mentioned right now. Powhatan, Monticello, Louisa, Western Albemarle, and maybe even Albemarle and Charlottesville would do fine against most of the ND teams of the last few years. Powhatan choked against BTW, point blank. Powhatan had four turnovers, including a fumble on a potential game-winning drive, in a game Logan Allen set personal rushing records. So Sherando has one D1 player, that's one player. They're not a Briar Woods, Bird or Lake Taylor and loaded with them. 6' 5" 280 lb. junior defensive end Quinton Ragland of Louisa will go D1 if he has the grades, some other guys getting looks as sophomores, and a couple of JD teams have guys currently playing in the NFL. Maybe after this cycle, Sherando should schedule more JD teams instead of Musselman, Washington WV, Jefferson WV, etc. Or even some of those Loudoun neighbors.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
the three teams we play in Frederick county , don't have a choice . District opponents have to play them . I will our out of district schedule up against yours any day. martinsburg - state champs 4 out of last five years. Jefferson currently ranked 7th in the state of West Virginia . More D-1 athletes than Louisa. fort hill on a 28 game win streak state champs last two years. EV - went deep in playoffs last year in VA. You are touting Louisa as a team that will beat Sherando. Your nuts to talk about our schedule. Keep reaching. I'm done, you are unreasonable. I get you want respect for your team, but you don't get that by knocking down other teams in our area we are playing. And , if you think all we have on our team is one D-1 athlete , then you are definitely the fool in this conversation. Have a great day!

Hamspear I did not get to read the deleted post from HoosFan5. With that being said I can tell all of you we do know how good the Warriors are and will be with what they have on the field. I still owe you that hotdog come Friday. Looking for a Great crowd I know how good your fans follow Sherando. Lets be real we do not have a player like your LB. I post no excuse we are young but we are finding our way slower than we hoped. Pre-Season everybody has player hurt if you don't then you didn't practice hard. I do look for a Great crowd and some good Friday night Football.

I'm done with this conversation since you can't have a discussion without losing your temper and name calling. Feel like I"m talking to a child. Deuces.

Angry ? Haha I don't get angry about football. Got bigger fish to fry. You are always reaching to lower a teams level Hoos to justify why you think your team will win. The resume speaks for itself, two good teams , should be a good game.
louisadad - you are correct, practice hard play hard. Good luck on Friday night.

Actually Monticello has had 4 kids go division 1 or division 1AA in the past couple of years. Western has had two go to IAA, C-Ville has had 1 go 1AA. I'm sure i'm missing a few and I apologize to those kids. Not trying to flame you snooka, agree that the JD has been in a little bit of a lull over the past few years, but disagree with you over the number of kids that has received offers and looks from bigger schools.
I was talking more fbs players not fcs players and was just saying that I cannot recall a big ten offer let alone an acc offer from a district school can you? I should have been more specific and I was referring last Few seasons not entire district history. We have not had a an fbs player in our district the past few seasons and there aren't any right now in the district

Last edited:
All I know is if you want to see a embarrassing level of a football team from Northwest State of Virginia , come watch the Sherando Warriors in Mineral , Va on Friday.

I was talking more fbs players not fcs players and was just saying that I cannot recall a big ten offer let alone an acc offer from a district school can you? I should have been more specific and I was referring last Few seasons not entire district history. We have not had a an fbs player in our district the past few seasons and there aren't any right now in the district
Again not to be disagreeable, but Morgan Wilson, MHS class of 2015 is playing at App State. It's a "newer" FBS school, but I would count it! Until his knee injury during week two of his senior year he was getting looks by ACC schools.
I agree with you though, we haven't had any major colleges offer scholarships to kids from the district, but outside of the 757, what area does consistently get these types of offers in Virginia.

Guess we didn't practice hard...*knocks on wood*

Again not to be disagreeable, but Morgan Wilson, MHS class of 2015 is playing at App State. It's a "newer" FBS school, but I would count it! Until his knee injury during week two of his senior year he was getting looks by ACC schools.
I agree with you though, we haven't had any major colleges offer scholarships to kids from the district, but outside of the 757, what area does consistently get these types of offers in Virginia.
Good point, but that's my point we don't see many kids like that.

All I know is if you want to see a embarrassing level of a football team from Northwest State of Virginia , come watch the Sherando Warriors in Mineral , Va on Friday.
Sherando will do fine but Louisa will be no slouch. First game of the season, at home and the entire town shows up. Nothing else to do in Mineral on Friday....unless you want to party at McDonalds. They'll be pumped and Fischer's situation makes him inspirational. Tough place to open.

The single Wing, as the Lion's run it, will be hard to stop. You'll have one massive guy, essentially an OLineman in the backfield being a lead blocker with a head of steam for a good RB that will ride his tail for 4 - 5 yards. The QB can run too as a change of pace but that's essentially it. The Lions have not been a successful passing team for some time. That may have changed but don't expect to see it much. They need to be forced into it. If the Warriors can't stop the run, the Lions will be perfectly happy with running the rock all night. Even your Penn State linebacker cannot stop this by himself. He'll need help. Powhatan did this several years ago, assigning one linebacker to penetrate and cut or otherwise occupy the lead blocker in the backfield. It worked.

I think you win on Friday. I know you understand defenses. I know the Warriors will be effective in that area. I also know the Warriors are a way more balanced offense. The Lions have a weakness when they encounter that. They can stop a run oriented team. They cannot stop both. Control the ball. Keep the Lion offense off the field. Be patient because the Lions will come out hot. I think the Warriors are a team that can handle that scenario. GL. 28 - 14 at the end. Close at the half.

<deleted personal attack. Do better.> -- Rod

Last thing. You need to win. I really don't want to take crap from Hoos but you know I won't hide if that happens. Have a safe trip. Louisa really is one of the best places to see a game. The atmosphere is tremendous and the field is superb. It is a privledge to play there. No one would want artificial turf after playing on this field. Do your best. GL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle Rico? Lol thats even more messed up than anything I have ever said Shaunty ! Lmao spot on pretty much with the football stuff though. Still freaking laughing...

Uncle Rico? Lol thats even more messed up than anything I have ever said Shaunty ! Lmao spot on pretty much with the football stuff though. Still freaking laughing...
Glad you enjoyed. One more thing. Park at the Middle School next store, as close to the main road as possible. It's a little longer walk but you won't have to endure the nightmare of getting out of the Louisa parking lot under police direction. You'll be gone in a few minutes rather than half an hour. The drive may be a long one but it is an easy one. You'll only hit one light in the first 30 miles.

With the opening of our NEW LCHS we have added parking spaces and 3 more large lots. We have also added 2 exits. With 2,000 to 4,000 football fans because I know the Warriors will bring many. Welcome to the Jungle!!! Side note we do have a new person on the mike. BTW shauntclair I glad you like me.

The three starting linemen have been cleared to play Friday, but now my cousin's out for two weeks with a sprained ankle, SMH. Thank goodness for the week 2 bye.

Found out today we have several injuries also, wish them all the best from both teams for a full recovery. That being said I think this game is a toss up in Louisa, not sure if we will have everybody yet or not. And we are not very deep. So like I said , first game of the season anything can happen.

With the opening of our NEW LCHS we have added parking spaces and 3 more large lots. We have also added 2 exits. With 2,000 to 4,000 football fans because I know the Warriors will bring many. Welcome to the Jungle!!! Side note we do have a new person on the mike. BTW shauntclair I glad you like me.
Just FYI, I do like you and do apologize for the personal attack. There are no excuses at this point in my life. GL on Friday. Two good teams on the field.

Reactions: Louisadad
The single Wing, as the Lion's run it, will be hard to stop. You'll have one massive guy, essentially an OLineman in the backfield being a lead blocker with a head of steam for a good RB that will ride his tail for 4 - 5 yards. The QB can run too as a change of pace but that's essentially it. The Lions have not been a successful passing team for some time. That may have changed but don't expect to see it much. They need to be forced into it. If the Warriors can't stop the run, the Lions will be perfectly happy with running the rock all night. Even your Penn State linebacker cannot stop this by himself. He'll need help. Powhatan did this several years ago, assigning one linebacker to penetrate and cut or otherwise occupy the lead blocker in the backfield. It worked.
That was the Louisa of 2011, under Meeks, the last time you saw them play. They run the single wing differently now, more like the mid 2000s single wing again. Folks can expect two scatback runners, and two or three big bruisers this season. And yes, they can pass now.

That was the Louisa of 2011, under Meeks, the last time you saw them play. They run the single wing differently now, more like the mid 2000s single wing again. Folks can expect two scatback runners, and two or three big bruisers this season. And yes, they can pass now.
We'll see tomorrow. GL.

It's going to be a long bus ride back to Winchester for the Warriors... Louisa is going to put it on Sherando and that's what it's going to be. I know there has been a lot said about both of these teams but Louisa is better than they've for a few years and Sherando is going to be solid - but they are not at the level they've been at the last few years. People can disagree - but the results next Friday night will show I know what I am talking about! Good luck to both teams next Friday and I hope both teams come out healthy!
you really know football huh?

Yeah, I guess he has too take that one. Can't say I haven't been on the receiving end before. It's not pleasant
But sometimes you just have to man up and take your lumps. GL to all in 2015.

The question here will be, is one game enough to tell if Louisa is that bad or Sherando is that good. It's probably somewhere in between.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT