ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maroon-Gold

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2017
Please take Coach Meeks back. Boy that was bad last night. Not saying Bees could had beaten HHS, but dang you didn't even give the kids a chance.

I have no clue why Elonte isn't targeted on offense. They just kept throwing to Glaize who was doubled a lot of the time.

Reactions: wikki
Please take Coach Meeks back. Boy that was bad last night. Not saying Bees could had beaten HHS, but dang you didn't even give the kids a chance.
Yeah he may be a good assistant for someone but he is not a head coach. No excuse to have that many delay of game calls in a playoff game because you can't get the play in and then have to waste timeouts to prevent a couple more delay penalties. Like I have said before I have never in 40 yrs of Brookville games seen them take the beatings they have in playoff games since he became head coach. I heard he was leaving and this is one Bees fan that sure hopes that is true.

Reactions: OCBoy
Yeah he may be a good assistant for someone but he is not a head coach. No excuse to have that many delay of game calls in a playoff game because you can't get the play in and then have to waste timeouts to prevent a couple more delay penalties. Like I have said before I have never in 40 yrs of Brookville games seen them take the beatings they have in playoff games since he became head coach. I heard he was leaving and this is one Bees fan that sure hopes that is true.

Takes so long to get the play in and then a lot of times had motions too. The sideline would yell at the kids as if it was their fault....it was not their fault. Also, Brookville was really chippy imo.

I know one man measured By Wins or losses I get it unfortunately little Leauge Coaches are held to the same . But you have to look At what he did for your child only one team gets to win the state championship every year, so does that mean it’s 100 other bad 3a coaches I’m guessing . Look at it this way did he give your son a chance to play ? Did he give your son a chance to exceed did he give him a chance to do things u didn’t think he would ever happen ? Did he graduate? That’s all yes for me for my son ! Thanks Bees Nation for a good 4 years !

I have no clue why Elonte isn't targeted on offense. They just kept throwing to Glaize who was doubled a lot of the time.
Some of you people make me laugh! Notice I said some of you, not all of you! But, this is actually some funny stuff! The funny thing about it is most of you betterbe glad at your job that there is no forum that people, THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR JOB, can hide behind a false screen name and bash you about the job you are doing. LOL!
I don't have a dog in this fight,but don't you think that if it were a valid option to throw to Elonte Jones he would do so?? Nobody knows their team better than these coaches, they spend countless hours in the off season and in season.
I have had a son play on one of Woody's teams and a son that now plays on Meek's team. One that actually played for Woody and one that doesn't play much for Meeks. They are two different kids and players, one works hard and deserved to play and the other doesn't care much about it and does not deserve to play. My point is it sounds like some of you guys have daddy issues with Meeks maybe not playing your son now or when he was at Louisa. Maybe not, just sounds like it.
Im friends with Woody to this day and respect him as a coach, but Woody can say he left for family reasons but come on?? You don't leave to be with your wife and then take the next available job in Lynchburg and come back. LOL.....he and Burford didn't think there was any talent left or coming. This group of seniors have 35-36 wins! With 3 out of district games, that's still 6seminole district wins a year. In a district packed and competitive as the seminole is, that's pretty impressive. Nothing to hang your heads about.
Im sure there were mistakes made Friday night by everyone, but that's life, that's what the game teaches!!! Good luck to Heritage, I'm a big Bradley fan. He gets those kids believing they can win!
And to the Monday morning QB's, good luck next week 2nd guessing someone else!! LOL! Imgonna hide behind my screen name, because im embarrassed im even responding to suchcomedy!!

Some of you people make me laugh! Notice I said some of you, not all of you! But, this is actually some funny stuff! The funny thing about it is most of you betterbe glad at your job that there is no forum that people, THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR JOB, can hide behind a false screen name and bash you about the job you are doing. LOL!
I don't have a dog in this fight,but don't you think that if it were a valid option to throw to Elonte Jones he would do so?? Nobody knows their team better than these coaches, they spend countless hours in the off season and in season.
I have had a son play on one of Woody's teams and a son that now plays on Meek's team. One that actually played for Woody and one that doesn't play much for Meeks. They are two different kids and players, one works hard and deserved to play and the other doesn't care much about it and does not deserve to play. My point is it sounds like some of you guys have daddy issues with Meeks maybe not playing your son now or when he was at Louisa. Maybe not, just sounds like it.
Im friends with Woody to this day and respect him as a coach, but Woody can say he left for family reasons but come on?? You don't leave to be with your wife and then take the next available job in Lynchburg and come back. LOL.....he and Burford didn't think there was any talent left or coming. This group of seniors have 35-36 wins! With 3 out of district games, that's still 6seminole district wins a year. In a district packed and competitive as the seminole is, that's pretty impressive. Nothing to hang your heads about.
Im sure there were mistakes made Friday night by everyone, but that's life, that's what the game teaches!!! Good luck to Heritage, I'm a big Bradley fan. He gets those kids believing they can win!
And to the Monday morning QB's, good luck next week 2nd guessing someone else!! LOL! Imgonna hide behind my screen name, because im embarrassed im even responding to suchcomedy!!
No I don't think he would. I can almost guarantee Bradley and Woody would target Elonte.

No I don't think he would. I can almost guarantee Bradley and Woody would target Elonte.
What if the kid has no hands? How do you know? Are you at practices? And if you are, you have no business posting on these sites! I can guarantee Woody and Bradley wouldn’t if the kid has no hands! So what I’m hearing from you is, that if a kid can help this team win, Meeks, wouldn’t throw to him?? I think Meeks wants to win too big guy or he wouldn’t be coaching!

What if the kid has no hands? How do you know? Are you at practices? And if you are, you have no business posting on these sites! I can guarantee Woody and Bradley wouldn’t if the kid has no hands! So what I’m hearing from you is, that if a kid can help this team win, Meeks, wouldn’t throw to him?? I think Meeks wants to win too big guy or he wouldn’t be coaching!
Sounds like you have a lot of hatred in your words. I have a lot of sources and yes, that has been a swirling question. I don't care if Brookville wins all their games or none. Giving my opinion and if you can't handle it then you need to find a hobby. Very tough talk "big guy" grow up boss. And even if I were at practices, anyone's practices why can't they or I post on this site. Slow your roll, it's a message board, I wasn't rude. I threw out an observation and obviously it hurt your feelings. Btw, it's the coaches job to get the kid to catch, he doesn't have to be Odell Beckham but he is athletic. Kid plays TE.

Sounds like you have a lot of hatred in your words. I have a lot of sources and yes, that has been a swirling question. I don't care if Brookville wins all their games or none. Giving my opinion and if you can't handle it then you need to find a hobby. Very tough talk "big guy" grow up boss. And even if I were at practices, anyone's practices why can't they or I post on this site. Slow your roll, it's a message board, I wasn't rude. I throughout an observation and obviously it hurt your feelings. Btw, it's the coaches job to get the kid to catch, he doesn't have to be Odell Beckham but he is athletic.
No tough words here big guy! Just trying to defend a guy that isn’t here! No hatred here!

Coaches get critiqued/critizied. Never once said he sucked or he needs to be fired. I would never say anything like that unless their were circumstances that would be dangerous for the kids.

Coaches get critiqued/critizied. Never once said he sucked or he needs to be fired. I would never say anything like that unless their were circumstances that would be dangerous for the kids.
Again, just defending a guy that isn’t here!

Reactions: Hokie411
Had to do some fact finding after reading this...looks like Brookville is 43-18 in past 5 seasons. Worst record is 8-4 & 5-0 in first round of playoffs. Cant find another Seminole team with minimum 8 wins per season in past 5 years or a playoff win every year. Playoff losses are to Northisde & Magna Vista (pretty sure 1 won it all and 1 was runner up), Blacksburg (state champ), Heritage (state runner up), Heritage (still playing).

Wow.... The record at BHS over the last five years are 8-4, 8-4, 9-3, 10-3, and 8-4. The Seminole District is one of the most difficult areas, that tends to also be incredibly productive each year. This year, all of the Seminole District teams with the exception of one made it into post-season play. This year was a pretty emotional one and one that seemed to be plagued by injuries. The coaches on this staff are some of the best guys that you will ever meet, and genuinely care about them and their well being both on and off the field. They have always tried to put their kids in the position to win games, but plans don’t always go the way you want them to and in playoffs, anything can happen!! They win games, and they are awesome coaches. They lose games and according to the mentality of some, they need to be crucified. Until you have walked in their shoes, be kind, respectful, and encouraging.... being a high school football coach isn’t for the weak.

Had to do some fact finding after reading this...looks like Brookville is 43-18 in past 5 seasons. Worst record is 8-4 & 5-0 in first round of playoffs. Cant find another Seminole team with minimum 8 wins per season in past 5 years or a playoff win every year. Playoff losses are to Northisde & Magna Vista (pretty sure 1 won it all and 1 was runner up), Blacksburg (state champ), Heritage (state runner up), Heritage (still playing).

On my way into the stadium at the Glass game yesterday, I saw a Brookville fan complaining to the Glass AD about Meeks. This was the first thing to come in my mind. Brookville still winning.

Reactions: Hokie411
Just curious as to where he is heading...haven't heard this rumor.

OK will give you a few examples. Against Glass run the ball every play down field getting 5 to 8 yards a pop. Then 2nd and goal inside the 5 yr. line Meeks calls for a pass that is picked-off in the end zone thrown by a back up QB. All year long seen 3 plays Fly, pop pass run between the tackles. Never threw to a TE. Only a hand full of times this year threw across the middle. Down by 21 with 2 minutes to go in the first half against Glass, ball on our own 20. Instead of running the ball and take time off the clock and go in at the half, NOOO Meeks calls 3 plays takes 15 seconds off the clock, we punt the ball back to Glass. Bang Glass scores before the half. Never said he was a bad coach and doesn't work hard. But he never has a game plan. He never takes what the other team gives you. I am just saying that Meeks needs a offensive coordinator. Meeks is a great defensive guy. He needs helps calling plays.

OK will give you a few examples. Against Glass run the ball every play down field getting 5 to 8 yards a pop. Then 2nd and goal inside the 5 yr. line Meeks calls for a pass that is picked-off in the end zone thrown by a back up QB. All year long seen 3 plays Fly, pop pass run between the tackles. Never threw to a TE. Only a hand full of times this year threw across the middle. Down by 21 with 2 minutes to go in the first half against Glass, ball on our own 20. Instead of running the ball and take time off the clock and go in at the half, NOOO Meeks calls 3 plays takes 15 seconds off the clock, we punt the ball back to Glass. Bang Glass scores before the half. Never said he was a bad coach and doesn't work hard. But he never has a game plan. He never takes what the other team gives you. I am just saying that Meeks needs a offensive coordinator. Meeks is a great defensive guy. He needs helps calling plays.
Sounds like you know what's best for Brookville. If hes leaving like you say you should put in for the job. I'm sure you can help them score more points and win more games.

Reactions: lchscheer17
Really? How can you even say Meeks doesn’t have a game plan? Do you meet with him each week? He spends a lot of time breaking down film, studying tendencies, and bouncing ideas off of his other coaches. If you happened to be at each game (I’m assuming you were, due to previous comments), you would have seen several of our offensive starters out for various injuries (concussion, ankle, shoulder). Regarding the Glass game, they have an incredible team and are still poised to make it to the state game! No coach is perfect - they do what they can with what they can and do it to the best of their ability. The Brookville Community supports him and appreciates him for who he is, as a coach and a person — and he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Woody and Burford did not leave the same year. Burford left because Meeks was a 3-5 guy and a defensive minded hire. Burford is a 4 guy and did not want to run a 3-5.

Meeks has done a really good job winning most of the games he should have won and even a pulled out a few he probably should have lost. That does not take away from the fact that he is been unable to get his team up for games on the road against quality competition and sometimes against subpar competition. His Brookville teams are undisplined at times. He refuses to adjust his play calling technique even though it clearly confuses his own players at times and cost him valuable time outs and delay of game penalties. How lucky is he Brookville doesn't have a play clock in the Hive? Lol. With the talent he has had the last five years he has done exactly what he should have done, but he has not made a difference or done the things necessary to get Brookville over the hump. He is a good coach but his refusal to change prevents him from being a great coach.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but this conversation wouldn’t even be taking place if Heritage had been beaten by Brookville. Everyone loves to dwell on what could have been or should have been done differently, especially those that aren’t in the trenches day in and day out.... the fact remains that the plan didn’t work. And that’s okay. It happens. The record at BHS is still pretty solid. And the coaching staff will revaluate and keep rowing the boat. My grandfather always told me that you have to go through the valley to get to the mountaintop. The way that this season ended was just part of the valley.... but it won’t be that way forever.

As far as his players being undisciplined, I would love for you to go watch some of the other teams from around the area play, and you’d realize that they aren’t as undisciplined as you say. These kids love the coaches that they play for, and the feeling is entirely mutual.

Reactions: Parkfan
You’re entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but this conversation wouldn’t even be taking place if Heritage had been beaten by Brookville. Everyone loves to dwell on what could have been or should have been done differently, especially those that aren’t in the trenches day in and day out.... the fact remains that the plan didn’t work. And that’s okay. It happens. The record at BHS is still pretty solid. And the coaching staff will revaluate and keep rowing the boat. My grandfather always told me that you have to go through the valley to get to the mountaintop. The way that this season ended was just part of the valley.... but it won’t be that way forever.

As far as his players being undisciplined, I would love for you to go watch some of the other teams from around the area play, and you’d realize that they aren’t as undisciplined as you say. These kids love the coaches that they play for, and the feeling is entirely mutual.
I have not a shred of doubt that the kids love Meeks .I happen to like him too, although I do not know him personally, I've seen enough to know I believe he is a man of high integrity. I have no doubt he will get back to work and try to get over the hump. He has somethings he needs to do differently , imo, if he wants to get where he should be. Just an opinion of an observer from afar

I agree with what you are saying, but its funny/doesnt look right when you say no dog in fight and then say you have a kid playing. That is a dog in the fight IMO. But I completely agree with your comments.

I am a complete outsider, my team is 2a. But just from comments I have read over the years on here with Brookville and others who complain about coaching, even when they have success is that fans and/or parents just think they are better than what they are. Every team that has success like Brookville here, or others in same situation, obviously has the team that should win championship. Maybe it's just that these teams who beat them were better, I know, novel idea

I agree with Louisadad...if he predicted 43-18 thats a good call. Brookvilles losses this year were to Heritage 11-1, Glass 11-1, & Liberty 8-4 all are still playing. Last year they only lost to Heritage 13-2 state runner up and Amherst. Please let me know which other Seminole team has at least 8 wins for the past 5 consecutive seasons. Everyone wants a state championship but they are hard to come by. No excuses but did anyone notice 3 huge offensive weapons out for Brookville #1, #5, #7? Pretty sure that's why they ran more wildcat late in the season. There are Some great coaches in this area and I dont think not winning it all makes them unsuccessful.

I agree with Louisadad...if he predicted 43-18 thats a good call. Brookvilles losses this year were to Heritage 11-1, Glass 11-1, & Liberty 8-4 all are still playing. Last year they only lost to Heritage 13-2 state runner up and Amherst. Please let me know which other Seminole team has at least 8 wins for the past 5 consecutive seasons. Everyone wants a state championship but they are hard to come by. No excuses but did anyone notice 3 huge offensive weapons out for Brookville #1, #5, #7? Pretty sure that's why they ran more wildcat late in the season. There are Some great coaches in this area and I dont think not winning it all makes them unsuccessful.

I totally agree with this. Brookville lost to some tough opponents this season, on top of that they did not have top weapons for those big games which limited what they could do offensively. #5 for Brookville had 3 rushes for 27 yards(9ypc) then re-aggravated an injury in the Glass game. After that the run game wasn't really there. He is a huge part of the offense. He was also out for that first Heritage game. I was at the game against Heritage last week and I saw that #1 was out for that game, but I didn't realize #7 was out too. Both of those guys, along with Glaize account for a big part of the passing offense. When #7 and #1 are out, there is almost a guarantee that #11(Glaize) is getting the ball. Can't expect much if your leading rusher, and 2 of your top three receivers are out with injury. #1 and #7 are starters in the secondary as well. Brookville has been hurt the past two seasons with injuries to top players. Its something you can't really help. Everything has to fall in place to make a state run. Brookville coaching staff is doing a good job over there, and when everything falls into place, watch out.

What did you call? That Coach Meeks would be 48-18 in 5 seasons. 8-4,8-4,9-3,10-3 & 8-4. That is 61 games in 5 seasons. At Brookville he has never lost in the 1st. round. I don’t remember OCBoy being a LOUISA fan.
I stated that Meeks would not be a good hire for Brookville. He didn’t do anything with Louisa at all and secondly he came in after a coach like Woody. Woody is in a higher tier of coaches compared to Meeks therefor you get a winning season but not the championship seasons Woody gave them

I stated that Meeks would not be a good hire for Brookville. He didn’t do anything with Louisa at all and secondly he came in after a coach like Woody. Woody is in a higher tier of coaches compared to Meeks therefor you get a winning season but not the championship seasons Woody gave them
You still think it wasn’t a good hire for Brookville. He has a very good record or do you only count championships.

Pretty similar first 5 years. Woody 1st 5 seasons at Brookville 37-22...2 teams with at least 1 playoff win and one region championship. Meeks 1st 5 sessions 43-18...all 5 with at least 1 playoff win but no region championship.

Coach Meeks has faced Coach Woody 5 times 1st. time as HC at Louisa. While at Brookville and Woody at E.C.Glass Meeks is 3-1. No disrespect to Coach Woody he has rebuilt the ECGlass program he is a top tier coach. O C Boy I can only give you facts.

Pretty similar first 5 years. Woody 1st 5 seasons at Brookville 37-22...2 teams with at least 1 playoff win and one region championship. Meeks 1st 5 sessions 43-18...all 5 with at least 1 playoff win but no region championship.

When Woody was at Brookville, Heritage was Class 4. Heritage was Class 3 when Meeks became head coach. Heritage has been in the way of Brookville winning a Region championship for two years straight. Blacksburg was in the the way the year before that, and they won the whole thing. Magna Vista in 2015 beat them in the second round, and they won the whole thing. 2014 they lost to Northside, who was defending state champ. Northside that year was one win away from the state championship.

You still think it wasn’t a good hire for Brookville. He has a very good record or do you only count championships.
I still think the same. For them to go from a Woody caliber coach down to Meeks was a drop off imo

I still think the same. For them to go from a Woody caliber coach down to Meeks was a drop off imo

That’s a shame you’re entitled to your opinion. I just thought that omeone with your knowledge of the game would understand each team changes yearly with Graduation. A team will change weekly with injuries.

That’s a shame you’re entitled to your opinion. I just thought that omeone with your knowledge of the game would understand each team changes yearly with Graduation. A team will change weekly with injuries.
I definitely understand the game and how teams can change every year BUT I bet you anything if Woody was still at Brookville some of those losses would be wins and Brookville might be in a different situation

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT