ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I definitely understand the game and how teams can change every year BUT I bet you anything if Woody was still at Brookville some of those losses would be wins and Brookville might be in a different situation

OK I’ll take that bet. I know and so do you deep down. That you cannot prove your point because you can’t go back to time. It is what it is. I can agree with you that that Woody is a good coach. I will not agree with you on “What If” remember Woody left Brookville.

Y'all jumping all over ocboy but I beg y'all to go watch Brookville week in and week out and tell me Meeks couldn't do better .He has very talented teams .he is a good coach but he also has a ton of flaws and they show up in the worst moments .I'm not calling for meeks job. I'm just a guy wishing Meeks would change and try to do better .because refusing to change is not trying to do better.

Reactions: OCBoy
My point is Woody is a top tier coach and Meeks is probably a second tier to third tier coach. I’m not calling for his job or anything like that I’m just stating my opinion. It’s proven Woody is a better coach.

Reactions: Killingmesmalls
Look Meeks record stands on its own. He has done nothin but win at Brookville. We all know why Woody left Brookville and further more when he was at Monticello I really did not see how Woody made a difference there. You cannot control what talent walks through your school halls. If Meeks had a losing record ok but Meeks seems to take over programs after previous coaches leave because talent level drops. Seems to me high schools would want a coach who is stable and going to stick it out vs going to where the grass is greener.

There are several people on this message board that are a little out of touch with reality (and some that weren’t a fan of him at Louisa still letting that be known... whatever). The bottom line is that if you really knew Coach Meeks, you would know that the claims of him being “resistant to change”, “having a ton of flaws”, and “being a second/third tier coach” couldn’t be further from the truth. Look at the facts. Look at what he has done. You’re entitled to your opinion, but that doesn’t mean that it is the opinion of everyone else.

Reactions: Louisadad
There are several people on this message board that are a little out of touch with reality (and some that weren’t a fan of him at Louisa still letting that be known... whatever). The bottom line is that if you really knew Coach Meeks, you would know that the claims of him being “resistant to change”, “having a ton of flaws”, and “being a second/third tier coach” couldn’t be further from the truth. Look at the facts. Look at what he has done. You’re entitled to your opinion, but that doesn’t mean that it is the opinion of everyone else.
How many championships does he have?

This is exactly what upsets me you keep going back to championships. Never once have you mentioned the positive impact he is made on the kids and his program the families in this program. To me and this is my opinion because I do respect yours I just don’t agree with. Isn’t that what it’s about is winning in life in the classroom not only on the field.

Reactions: lyhsports
This is exactly what upsets me you keep going back to championships. Never once have you mentioned the positive impact he is made on the kids and his program the families in this program. To me and this is my opinion because I do respect yours I just don’t agree with. Isn’t that what it’s about is winning in life in the classroom not only on the field.
Why are you taking it personal though?

How many championships? He has only been coach for maybe 8 years as a head coach. I would say his resume is pretty strong right now. I don't recall his record at Louisa but overall I think he has a winning record. He will get some you look at the impact he had at Louisa's defense. Give him some time.

Jeff Woody was head coach at Brookville for 7 years he won Seminole titles,regional championships,and three appearances in state championship games winning two of those in 2011 and 2012. Again in 7 years he accomplished all of that.Meeks could coach there for 30yrs.and never come close to that.

Jeff Woody was head coach at Brookville for 7 years he won Seminole titles,regional championships,and three appearances in state championship games winning two of those in 2011 and 2012. Again in 7 years he accomplished all of that.Meeks could coach there for 30yrs.and never come close to that.

Yeah and all I am saying is Woody may have more talent. Woody left there for a reason why would someone of Woodys success leave? Unless they saw the lack of talent. I mean it goes both ways Woody was not very good at Monticello and yes he has done a good job at Glass and yes he is a great Coach! My point is you can only coach the talent you have. I think both men are great coaches.

I heard a fan yesterday call the Appomattox head coach a dumbass. This is after winning three state championships and getting to the regional finals with a very young team. Some fans have absolutely no clue.

I think it’s crazy to say Brookville is lacking talent compared to the past. I beg to differ I still think they still have talent

I'm sure they do have talent, but do they have the advantage on talent as they did in those years? They could have the same amount of talent as those years conceivably, but if the opposition has more, then what do you expect. It's also not always about talent, but how they play. But from what I have read, most of their losses came to either eventual champ or runner up.

I dont know the answer, and it doesn't matter to me, but I cant stand when you have people talking bad about people when they couldn't do what they are. And the fans/parents who want to rail on a guy just because they think their team should win every game they ever play.

Reactions: lyhsports and OCBoy
Look Meeks record stands on its own. He has done nothin but win at Brookville. We all know why Woody left Brookville and further more when he was at Monticello I really did not see how Woody made a difference there. You cannot control what talent walks through your school halls. If Meeks had a losing record ok but Meeks seems to take over programs after previous coaches leave because talent level drops. Seems to me high schools would want a coach who is stable and going to stick it out vs going to where the grass is greener.
So you think Woody left Brookville after winning back to back state championships to go to Monticello because he thought it was more talent at Monticello? I can’t help but LOL at that idea. Woody could have hand picked what school he wanted to be at Coming off of back to back championships. As mentioned before, he chose Monticello because it was closer to wife’s job.

So you think Woody left Brookville after winning back to back state championships to go to Monticello because he thought it was more talent at Monticello? I can’t help but LOL at that idea. Woody could have hand picked what school he wanted to be at Coming off of back to back championships. As mentioned before, he chose Monticello because it was closer to wife’s job.[/QUOT
Not saying left cause Monticello was better, but if Woody had another state caliber team returning would be have left Brookville? No that's all I am saying. Well he only stayed one year so not sure how much that was to help wife either. I don't know the whole situation with Woody but Meeks does a good job with what he has. You guys are sounding like the SEC you have a winning coach be happy...I have went for years watching my team have losing teams.

@Snookasuperstar He stayed at Monticello 2 years, not 1. And it’s not your place to know how much it helped his wife. Don’t speak on a situation that you clearly know nothing about.

And for the record, I’m not a Brookville fan so I couldn’t care less about what people think of Meeks or the Brookville program.

@Snookasuperstar He stayed at Monticello 2 years, not 1. And it’s not your place to know how much it helped his wife. Don’t speak on a situation that you clearly know nothing about.

And for the record, I’m not a Brookville fan so I couldn’t care less about what people think of Meeks or the Brookville program.
True and you are correct I apologize for speaking on something I do not know.

This thread has turned into way more than it initallin was. In my humble opinion Meeks is not a difference maker at head coach. He is a good coach with knowledge of the game but his game management is not good and he continues to do the same things over and over. Yes I CAN say that because I go to all the Brookville games and I have eyes. He had two full scholarship D1 Players this season. How many seminole coaches can say they have that. So talent is not an issue. It's not a personal knock. Also let's please stop with the Woody comparison. Woody coaches E.C Glass. Meeks coaches Brookville. Look at the stands each week and tell me which fan base is stronger. Therefore Meeks is naturally going to get more criticism. If he, you, or anyone eles can't handle it then maybe he should go coach Glass. Alot less people watch them play each week .

This thread has turned into way more than it initallin was. In my humble opinion Meeks is not a difference maker at head coach. He is a good coach with knowledge of the game but his game management is not good and he continues to do the same things over and over. Yes I CAN say that because I go to all the Brookville games and I have eyes. He had two full scholarship D1 Players this season. How many seminole coaches can say they have that. So talent is not an issue. It's not a personal knock. Also let's please stop with the Woody comparison. Woody coaches E.C Glass. Meeks coaches Brookville. Look at the stands each week and tell me which fan base is stronger. Therefore Meeks is naturally going to get more criticism. If he, you, or anyone eles can't handle it then maybe he should go coach Glass. Alot less people watch them play each week .
I'm confused, how are you able to "go to all the Brookville games" yet you know how many people watch Glass play each week? Does the AD at Glass give you the attendance numbers for their games?

I'm confused, how are you able to "go to all the Brookville games" yet you know how many people watch Glass play each week? Does the AD at Glass give you the attendance numbers for their games?
I never said I knew Glasses attendance numbers but do not try to act like Glass doesn't have low numbers each week. If took away the band and the parents then there may be little to no one at their games. You know I'm right about this. Also I've been to four glass games this year and I attended games at City stadium when ever Brookville is out of the area. Vol you know Glasses numbers are low so please do not try to steer the conversation as has been done numerous times in this post.

I never said I knew Glasses attendance numbers but do not try to act like Glass doesn't have low numbers each week. If took away the band and the parents then there may be little to no one at their games. You know I'm right about this. Also I've been to four glass games this year and I attended games at City stadium when ever Brookville is out of the area. Vol you know Glasses numbers are low so please do not try to steer the conversation as has been done numerous times in this post.
LOL true you never said you know the attendance numbers but you implied it. And speaking from a historic standpoint you are right, Glass typically doesn't have great attendance. However, you are wrong in saying this about this season. Sure it appears that the stands are empty but keep in mind City Stadium is much larger than any high school stadium in the area. City Stadium seats close to 10,000 people so even when there were 6,000 plus at the Heritage-Glass game, it looked as if "little to no one at their games."

Oh and you were the one to steer the conversation. The original post was about Meeks and his abilities as a head coach but, some how you found a way to take a shot at the E.C. Glass fan base. So who is really steering the conversation?

LOL true you never said you know the attendance numbers but you implied it. And speaking from a historic standpoint you are right, Glass typically doesn't have great attendance. However, you are wrong in saying this about this season. Sure it appears that the stands are empty but keep in mind City Stadium is much larger than any high school stadium in the area. City Stadium seats close to 10,000 people so even when there were 6,000 plus at the Heritage-Glass game, it looked as if "little to no one at their games."
that's a fair point about city city stadium.

On the local TV station they have Friday Football extra. WSET. When they show Glass or Heritage at City Stadium, the stands are empty. I went to the Rustburg-Heritage first round regional game and 5 minutes before game time I counted 35 fans on the Heritage side.

Last edited:
Reactions: moto138
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT