ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa question

I guess you are right @CountryClubJoesSecretAlias; however, if you look at Carter's and Hiters stats this far you would think otherwise. Hopefully, they will get things going or they will need to have a good camp season to keep themselves on the map.
I don't think his stats are going to matter a ton. He's still the top back or one of the top backs in his class. Now, you're probably right about camp season, but that pretty much applies to everyone. In my mind, it'd take a lot for him to drop to where he doesn't slot in a top 25 class, injury, adding too much weight, losing a step, etc. It could still happen. I just don't think it's likely.

I also tend to think there's something else there besides football. He could have, realistically, transfered to just about any "football" school out there with a pipeline to a major program, Buford, somewhere like that, and still might. He chose a different route. There's nothing wrong with that. Honestly, the odds aren't great, and the pay isn't either (relative to just about any other position) right now if he stays at RB. Woodberry Forest has had P5 signees the last few years, and that education, plus the alumni network..smart move imo. Because that can pay dividends for a long time.

I cannot debate a single point and truly like to see kids grasp the importance of an education. I have told a many of kid (not power 5 talent) to take a VMI offer if you get one. Graduate and you will be set for life. I know and work with many and I honestly don't know of one VMI graduate who has not made something of themselves.

You obviously have a better understanding of the recruitment process, but I would think if your production drops in half recruiters might have some concerns.

I cannot debate a single point and truly like to see kids grasp the importance of an education. I have told a many of kid (not power 5 talent) to take a VMI offer if you get one. Graduate and you will be set for life. I know and work with many and I honestly don't know of one VMI graduate who has not made something of themselves.

You obviously have a better understanding of the recruitment process, but I would think if your production drops in half recruiters might have some concerns.
I don't mean to imply you can't get a good education at Louisa either. Woodberry Forest is obviously different and I think given their reputation a lot of people perceive different as being better which isn't always the case.

If he hadn't already been noticed, I think you make a really good point. But the guys doing this for a living, they're going to be familiar with Woodberry Forest, his teammates, the competition, all that. He already has some big time offers in his pocket. He is the composite #1 back in the '26 class. They're going to evaluate him in person at camps, on campus, during his visits, in addition to watching his game film, and talking to his coaches. That's not to say he might not develop/mature as expected, or maybe one of his peers just ends up being better. That could still very well happen.

Stats just aren't the be-all and end-all we think they are sometimes. Kanye Roberts, out of Wallace-Rose Hill, led the entire country in rushing a few years ago, just over 3,500 yards his senior season. Plays for Appalachian State. Never rated higher than a 2-star. I'm not sure he got a single P5 offer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT