ADVERTISEMENT

LU-Two Arenas

bowlingref

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Apr 29, 2010
Rustburg Va.
How do you guys feel abut LU having two arenas. VHSL could hold the state there again. They could have Group 1--2 and 3 in the small arena. 4,000 seats. Group 4-5 and 6 in the Vines center. Or they could have Boys in one and girls in the other. Have not heard anything. Just a thought when I drove by there yesterday and saw how much progress is being made on the new arena.

How do you guys feel abut LU having two arenas. VHSL could hold the state there again. They could have Group 1--2 and 3 in the small arena. 4,000 seats. Group 4-5 and 6 in the Vines center. Or they could have Boys in one and girls in the other. Have not heard anything. Just a thought when I drove by there yesterday and saw how much progress is being made on the new arena.
Makes too much sense.

Reactions: VerizonSportsFan
Not to mention that it’s in the middle of the State, so teams like Radford, Martinsville, GW, Salem, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Halifax, Wythe, and others wouldn’t have to take 3+ hour drives, and the Richmond/Nova schools get virtual home advantage for once.

I always go back to the 2017 Baseball State Championship game. It was Halifax and Briar Woods in a “neutral site.” That baseball complex was only 20 minutes from Briar Woods (if that), and Halifax had to travel 4 hours For the game. Sounds like a neutral site game to me...

Would be pretty hard on the classes 1-3 to put them in a smaller arena, are the bigger schools really drawing bigger crowds these days? Especially if the finals were in Lynchburg?

Wouldn't be opposed to them moving the finals around though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT