ADVERTISEMENT

Lynchburg Area Football

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Went to the Lynchburg 7 v 7 at Heritage Monday, and stayed for as long as my allergies would allow me.
Teams in attendance were:
Heritage
LCA
Altavista
Appomattox
Rustburg
JF

Its always good to see how much these guys grow from year to year. I was impressed by Altavista's size, for a Class 1 team, the brought a good amount of guys to the event and held their own. LCA with their experience looks the part as well. They didn't have Gideon for the first few sessions, but they were still able to convert on some plays, once Gideon stepped on the field, it was game over. From what I seem Heritage is back, they had some of their bigs dressed out as well, and they've got some size. The last time heritage has had this kind of size was back in the Lala days. They've got a good group of receivers as always and I expect Slash to make some more noise after having a good sophomore campaign. Defense looks like they will have a good back 7. Heirtage got a blessing back in Brayden Morgan at outside linebacker. He was there his freshman year, then spent 2 seasons at Glass where he was a turnover creating machine, especially on special teams. Look for him to help in the running game as well. JF also looks like they will compete again this year. They will have a new QB. Appomattox looks like they will be young, but still in that Dogwood conversation. Rustburg looking good as well. Got some pretty good corners and are working with a new quarterback.

Any thoughts on the Lynchburg area?

All of those teams will do well this year. Interested to see how the rest of the Seminole teams that were not there look this fall. Glass graduating a bunch but Lovelace & Company should have them near the top. Amherst in their 2nd year with Moore. Brookville with a whole "new" coaching staff. And Liberty's young group from last year should have a lot more experience going into this season.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
All of those teams will do well this year. Interested to see how the rest of the Seminole teams that were not there look this fall. Glass graduating a bunch but Lovelace & Company should have them near the top. Amherst in their 2nd year with Moore. Brookville with a whole "new" coaching staff. And Liberty's young group from last year should have a lot more experience going into this season.
No doubt. I thought the Seminole was down last year. With more experience from the younger teams, it will be a much tougher district. I'm definitely rooting for Liberty. Most of the team was Freshmen and sophomores, so they should compete with being a year away if they all stick with the program. Amherst always has good athletes, so I expect them to be back in the mix. Brookville has some great young talent and with the new staff, they'll compete. Give them a year, and they'll be a top team in Class 3. Glass has probably the best group of receivers in the district, and a good quarterback in Calloway who can get the ball to them. The biggest question mark is up front.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT