ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester @ Ocean Lakes Thoughts on this semi??

These 2 scrimmaged preseason,and word is,Manchester had their way with them. If anyone can confirm or comment,I’d love to hear their thoughts.

Manchester is going to score,and there’s little to no doubt about that. The question is,can OL keep up? I hope this game is on a turf field,and not a mud bowl. Manchester is enormous up front. They’ve played great D all year,including this past game vs CF. I got Manchester 28-14

Agreed as I got to see Manchester Friday night for the first time. I also saw the post floating around about the scrimmage but all teams are better now. OL is not undefeated on accident, but neither is Manchester. I would think this game would be at the sports plex which is turf. I read where Oscar Smith was having a hard time with OL blitz packages so that will be interesting to watch as Clark had time to make sammiches for his O-lineman the other night

I went to this scrimmage & here are the things I've posted in other threads which stood out to me..

Neither team was able to penetrate the other's OL vs the run game but Manchester had success running the ball once they went into their hurry up.

I think special teams were pretty even but both were pretty good. The Lancer's punter was better than OL. Both have dangerous returners which cancel each out but sides are capable of making a big plays.

OL had success throwing over the middle but their run game was ineffective.

Clark must have a bad day throwing the ball. He missed a lot of throws, overthrowing out patterns & throwing a few in the grass short.

Manchester started moving the ball well after a close 1st quarter & was up something like 39-7 by the 4th & both teams playing #2's.

It appeared to me that Manchester had a really deep set of big guys which were very often subbed out to keep fresh bodies on the OL/DL. OL just couldn't keep up as the game progressed.

This Manchester team reminds me of the Westfield's 2015 team. Which is going to likely dominate their opponents the rest of the way.

Manchester didn't play particularly well against CF. They did enough though but need to sure up execution and limit penalties yardage. CF did a good job of not giving up anything cheap and limited Manchester's big plays for the most part. I doubt 2 weeks in a row they don't connect on any long pass plays.

I think Manchester might dominate but my only reservation is that this is a big time school (OL) and they are undefeated. I just think Manchester is on a different level even if they don't play well. The only team I think may be able to beat them is Westfield. If Manchester plays up to 80% of what they are capable of at their celling then I don't think Westfield can beat them either.

Manchester didn't play particularly well against CF. They did enough though but need to sure up execution and limit penalties yardage. CF did a good job of not giving up anything cheap and limited Manchester's big plays for the most part. I doubt 2 weeks in a row they don't connect on any long pass plays.

I think Manchester might dominate but my only reservation is that this is a big time school (OL) and they are undefeated. I just think Manchester is on a different level even if they don't play well. The only team I think may be able to beat them is Westfield. If Manchester plays up to 80% of what they are capable of at their celling then I don't think Westfield can beat them either.
I don't think anybody is going to beat Manchester this year. I wish they could've played Highland Springs this year, that would be a whale of a game.... I don't know which one would win, it would be a toss up... HS is elite and so is Manchester! Clearly the two best teams Richmond, Va has to offer! I hope we are both playing a double header in Hampton in 2 weeks!!

Manchester has the most speed I’ve seen in years. They have to be the favorite over Westfield

Reactions: mbonape1
Only thing that can possibly help OL is bad weather which can possibly help slow Manchester down or self inflicting bad penalties by Manchester that hurts them in the redzone or kills drives for them. Anything else other that happening is a complete shock. OL is a good team but they don't do anything particularly well that can threaten a team. I would go to say there special teams is there strongest unit. There special teams really beat OS last week. There defense pressured OS but the coaches didn't make any adjustments to counter that the entire game. Special teams made it hard for OS to cross the 50. The kicker is there best weapon. OS would have been a better matchup for Manchester but, that's why they play the game.

Guys I agree and I have been on the Manchester train all year but if you were to read these posts you would think OL is some ragamuffin team. They are 13-0! They have good athletes too and had to battle to win games. Manchester needs to not take them lightly! They might get a game after all

Maybe Manchester will dominate but I hope its a good game.OL has beaten some excellent teams this year like Cox 2x,Kellam 2x, Landstown,Bayside,Tallwood,,,They also beat a Salem team that lost to Maury on a last second field goal.And of course they just beat Oscar Smith.Good luck to both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT